Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: rope technique

karmacox Guest

rope technique

i am confused abt one thing in the rope techinque...

do i visualize and feel i pull the rope and get a meters away from my body and keep repeat this ....

or

do i visualize that i pull the rope and keep climbing to an endless sky or some scenario...

howdihi Guest
    Good quetion. I would like to know as well.

As far as visualizing, for the rope technique, I thought you were not supposed to visualize it. This is very difficult for me ( not visualizing it) and I haven't been able to do it yet. Is it ok to visulaize it or should I really concentrate... as it is THAT MUCH more effective?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by howdihi
    Good quetion. I would like to know as well.

As far as visualizing, for the rope technique, I thought you were not supposed to visualize it. This is very difficult for me ( not visualizing it) and I haven't been able to do it yet. Is it ok to visulaize it or should I really concentrate... as it is THAT MUCH more effective?
    Who said you can't visualize? And concentrate on what? As opposed to what?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

howdihi Guest
    Sorry about the last post. I can see I wasn't that clear.

In the online treatise, it said not to visualize the rope or your hands. But, to "feel" like you are climbing a rope in the dark. If you are in the dark, you would not be able to see your hands or the rope. Although my visualization skills are not perfect, it is a lot easier for me to see my hands and the rope than to just "feel" it there. My brain wants to see it.

By concentrating, I just meant concentrating on NOT visualizing, but trying to just feel the rope and concentrate on not "seeing" it or my hands.

What about the op's post? Do you know what would be better? Or does it not matter?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by howdihi
    Sorry about the last post. I can see I wasn't that clear.

In the online treatise, it said not to visualize the rope or your hands. But, to "feel" like you are climbing a rope in the dark. If you are in the dark, you would not be able to see your hands or the rope. Although my visualization skills are not perfect, it is a lot easier for me to see my hands and the rope than to just "feel" it there. My brain wants to see it.

By concentrating, I just meant concentrating on NOT visualizing, but trying to just feel the rope and concentrate on not "seeing" it or my hands.

What about the op's post? Do you know what would be better? Or does it not matter?
    I'm not going to speculate on what he meant, but it seems to me (and because it's happened to me) that the reason is that often when you're separating you can't see what you imagine (not yet, anyway) and to only rely on visualization is to limit your options as to how to get out.
    I'll quote from Mastering Astral Projection: "Reach out with your imaginary hands and grasp the rope. Climb hand over hand strongly up the rope...Feel yourself... moving up the rope as you climb it...Feel your perspective of the room change slightly as you climb. ... Hold your mind clear and focus solely on climbing the rope...." (page 239)
    It seems to me the idea is not on what you shouldn't be doing, but on what you should do: Concentrate on how it would feel to go up a rope. If you need to visualize, then focusing on what not to do is a waste on mental resources, and it takes the focus on what you should be doing- holding your mind on climbing the rope, as he said.
    He has said in other works (and other parts of the one you read) that the purpose of not visualizing is because a lot of people are better at tactile visualizing, as opposed to 'pictorial' visualizing. But if it helps you, it is my opinion that you should do it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

howdihi Guest
    Great, thank you for the clarification

BriMercer Guest
    The most effective way to use the rope technique is to feel yourself climbing up endlessly away from your body (rather than returning to it every few seconds). The goal of any effective OBE exit technique is to focus your awareness away from your body. Climbing seems to be one very powerful way to root your attention away from the physical and keep it there.

Wolfmanthe1st Guest

Rope technique

When I do the rope technique I sometimes feel my body float out and sometimes I will use the brow eye trigger and I visualize myself being pulled out through the head. I sense that I may be out several inches. I do the hand over hand technique about three more times and then I get vibrations. I do about three more times and the vibrations stop. If the vibrations stop have a unintentionally aborted the attempt or have I reached a zone where they are not present. The timing of the vibrations mae me think they are the result of the separation. But it seems that separation is not totally complete because if I let go of the rope I sink right back into my physical.... may that be because of gravitational pull? If I proceed further am I essentially pulling away from the physical body's pull? Once I am far enough away from the physical body's influence will I then feel totally out?

BriMercer Guest
    Based on what I glean from your description, I surmise that the vibrations may be having the effect of returning your focus from the exit technique to the site of the vibrations. Vibrations can be a sign of an impending exit but are not necessary for an OBE to take place. Ultimately they can be more of a distraction than anything else.

My advice would be to first try taking more time to relax (this can reduce the intensity of the vibrations). Second, when doing rope, feel yourself climbing up and away from your physical body. Leave it behind and go up and up and up. Imagine you are leaving your body behind. This should make ignoring the vibrations easier. It's important that you ignore the vibrations as much as possible and focus solely on the exit technique.

Brian

Never Guest
    The key to the rope trick is tension. Do not imagine the rope, but the resistance it provides in climbing. Imagine grinding your teeth as you pull with all of your might and willpower to escape your body. I find that with the more ferocity I do this, the quicker the vibrations and stronger is the onset. You apply pressure onto your body by resistance.

The hardest part is not getting into it too much (which is my problem): I will get to the point that I can feel my astral body twisting and turning to break free, my chest has a glacier on it, and all I see is sparks and fireworks, yet as it goes no further I then realize that I am slighty tensing my face muscles or arms as I am climbing the rope...this is what is limiting me, and as I realize this and relax again, I soon lose all progress.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast