Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: rope technique

student of life Guest
    O.k. my main problem is when I go through the whole process sometimes before I even start the exit technique (sometimes I have started it)I start clickin' out and fall asleep.I am a heavy sleeper and in good health without medication.Also I achieve relaxation and waking paralysis.Now I have to say that I have a neck discomfort,so when my neck completely relaxes I fall asleep.I need any advice and thank you very much in advance.(If you need additional info tell me Iam grateful)KIRK.

Blog Entries
    Hello, student.

You might use the simple "arm up" technique. When you lie down for tranceing, just bend your arm at the elbow and hold lower arm and hand straight up, while the upper arm stays on the bed. This is very easy to hold, minimal effort required to maintain.

If you fall asleep, the arm will relax and drop, and you will snap awake again. This way you can train recognising and avoiding the point where you involuntarily fall asleep. Trance is the state before the mind goes into sleep mode as well.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    Another thing to try is to do it in the early morning- that way you will not be exhausted and merely sleepy, and getting up and doing it on a recliner may give you that bit of discomfort (yet support your neck) you need to stay aware.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

TalkingHead Guest
    What about imagining your body spinning?.. this has worked for me and I'm just wondering if this has worked for anyone else.

Martin Guest
    Well I think most people (including me) have problems with the relaxation. I often start to feel vibrations, but then my concentration loosens and I start to pay attention to it and thus aborting the attempt. I always try again, but after a while my concentration completely disappears and I can't stop thinking, and having the urge to move my body.

The sleep paralysis is also weird. All sources on the subject state that it is complete physical (or partyly) paralysis. I can always move my limbs if I want to... Does that mean that it is in fact not paralysis? IMO it is not really paralysis, but more the disappearance of any urge to move something.

Can somebody lighten me up a bit?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    Well I think most people (including me) have problems with the relaxation. I often start to feel vibrations, but then my concentration loosens and I start to pay attention to it and thus aborting the attempt. I always try again, but after a while my concentration completely disappears and I can't stop thinking, and having the urge to move my body.
    Sounds like you're waking up.

The sleep paralysis is also weird. All sources on the subject state that it is complete physical (or partyly) paralysis. I can always move my limbs if I want to... Does that mean that it is in fact not paralysis? IMO it is not really paralysis, but more the disappearance of any urge to move something.
    Can somebody lighten me up a bit?
    Yep, paralysis is paralysis. The only thing you should be able to move is your head and torso, but not your limbs, or feel them.
    If you can always move your limbs you're not in a deep enough trance. Even though some people don't have to be completely paralyzed to project, it's a good idea to be in as deep a trance as possible, at least at first.
    A lot of people stress that you should feel a complete detachment to your body, and I don't agree with it completely either. I think the trick is to have an awareness shift from the outside to the inside (hypnagogics, audio hypnagogics, etc.) to be ready for projection. Vibes are a good marker, but unfortunately (and I think this is the case with you, Martin) they are coming before you are in deep enough. I would recommend you not try to do rope (unless you can continue to have your complete focus in the rope until it's a tangible reality to you- then it'll take you out). But if you can't do that try another exit technique, one that doesn't require movement- engage your hypnagogics, if you're not afraid to. And, if you're not getting hypnagogics, that's another indication you're not in deep enough. You may just have to stay in the 'noticing' state longer.

Peaceful_Philosopher Guest

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by student of life
    HELLO EVERYBODY I JUST WANNA SAY THAT WHEN I DO THE ROPE TECHNIQE I GET POWERFUL ENERGY SENSATIONS AND I AM SO AFRAID THAT I STOP IT ANY ADVICE PLEASE?
    I suggest you go ahead and find out. If you feel energy within your self, then that couldn't possibly harm you. I'm not so experienced at this, I speak out of pure logic, and I may be wrong, but this is my advice. I envy that feeling though, and good luck

mrsix Guest

Re: rope technique

Hi everyone,

I sometimes have spontaneous OOBS when I awake during the night or early mornings, but have yet been succesful for a concious exit.

I have a problem with ROPE I wonder if anyone can relate to..

I do alot of energy work and my energy body is always rather floaty... that means, it seems to bob around a lot when I relax and meditate, and also when im just watching tv etc

When I feel out to pull the rope, for some reason my energy body appears to sway with it, as if the rope is not fixed... it swings about!! Plus, sometimes my mind seems to create issues, for instance the rope may in fact not be stuck to the ceiling, therefore every tug i feel pulls the rope towards me instead.

Is this just stupid habit my brain has created? It really is causing problems! Sometimes when I do pull, that sensation goes away, and I can climb and climb but normally after I get the vibes and heavy vibrations, not much else happens...

Maybe I should visualise a firemans POLE instead of a ROPE

Blog Entries

Even though rope is a wonderful technique, and I use it often, it's also a technique that starts 'in body' and externalizes it. The act of imagining a rope and going through the mental motions of climbing it sometimes puts you back in your body if you're already out, and your description sounds to me like that is your situation. I usually use rope only when I'm undoubtedly in, and 'looking out', even if I have hypnagogics or other indicators of deep trance. But if you are extremely floaty (as if you're bobbing on the ocean) and you are receiving information that you would only get if you were already projected, then I would not use the rope technique- I would use a technique that involves using the floatiness to go away for your body. Like for example, surfing, waterski, being a balloon, 'scuba diving' (Imagine you're in the bottom of a pool and floating up and recreate the sensation.) In other words, something that finishes the externalization of the energy body, since it's already 'almost out'.
    This may trigger other symptoms, like vortex or gate formations, or a sensation of dislocation. Go with it, go towards it, and you'll be out.
    That's my advice.

mrsix Guest

Hi CFTraveller, thankyou for your advice.

I think you're probably spot-on, ROPE is good if you are pretty grounded at the time or are Lucid Dreaming etc.

I have also found with ROPE, that it will bring on the 'vibes' and vibrations etc, but for me sometimes I find I actually tend to start lifting my neck up and shaking my physical body. Not just my astral, but my REAL body. Perhaps im just trying too hard... I have had more luck with just lying back when im tired and willing myself out (not very often it happens, but im yet to will myself to OOB during the day with ROPE!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast