Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Asking people in your lucid dream if they know they are dreaming

1. Asking people in your lucid dream if they know they are dreaming

Has anyone here tried asking the characters in the dream if they know its a dream, they always seem to be unconscious of it being a dream.
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 05:30 AM.

Same thing here.Sometimes If i try talking to people, random passer-bys, they dont seem conscious.Or if in the RTZ they act as if i am not there at all.

I haven't really had too much of an urge to verify with other dream state characters whether they are conscious of the dream state they are operating in yet too much, it's probably something i've taken for granted. Has this been a hot topic on your radar lately?

Sometimes dream characters do pop up to discuss things and sometimes the discussions are very interesting. Sometimes there is no discussion at all and communication is experiential. In these cases the character seems alien like, not alien from another planet, but foreign/abstract and not based on any major schema of known reality.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Blog Entries

experiencial

ThankU Heliac, for the word 'experiencial'

that's just want i 'need' for today processing 'right now'

i am struggling with my process at the moment, crown chakra headache, stress and distress and confusion, and memory loss at times too..

only managed 2, 4, 2, 2, 2hrs sleep last few nights and it 'gets tough' sometimes...

hopefully i can add to this topic when i'm more better...thanks for the question Ariel, i can really relate to it

Cheers all xX
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries
    Have you ever considered asking your dream characters what the difference between a dream and reality are?
    Just a fun thing to try.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    In one of the first lucid dreams I had, I became lucid as I was standing in an airport, waiting for the ticket counter. I got super excited when I realised I was dreaming, and when I got to the ticket clerk, I said, "Can you tell me what an airport symbolises in my dreams?" (it's a common symbol for me). She processed my ticket, looked at me, smiled, and said, "Sorry, haven't got a clue," handed me the ticket, and called out, "NEXT!"

May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries
    Asking the dream characters can be a good way to develop awareness of who is a dream character (reflecting back desires, issues, etc.) and who is a fully conscious entity. This also helps discern dreams from dream-like experiences that in hindsight turn out to be more than they initially seemed when first recalled.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    Asking the dream characters can be a good way to develop awareness of who is a dream character (reflecting back desires, issues, etc.) and who is a fully conscious entity. This also helps discern dreams from dream-like experiences that in hindsight turn out to be more than they initially seemed when first recalled.
    It never occurred to me to ask them, "What is the difference between a dream and reality?", that's a good question. As for the idea of asking our dream characters about the symbolic meaning of places in our dream , that is great idea too! I will have to try both of those sometime. This hasn't been a hot topic on my radar as of lately, it's just something that I do on occasion when the opportunity arises.
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 04:51 AM.

simonlight Guest
    Another curiosity I come across from time to time are people that I know. They are almost invariably asleep or really groggy and not quite aware. Shared dreaming?

Quote Originally Posted by simonlight View Post
    Another curiosity I come across from time to time are people that I know. They are almost invariably asleep or really groggy and not quite aware. Shared dreaming?
    does it count as "shared" if they don't experience(remember) it? do you ever ask people if they saw you in a dream, after you've seen them?
    i've had a number of shared dream/obe experiences, all of which were with close friends who were fully awake and actively involved in the dream, and who could describe the experience to me the next day, with enough accuracy for me to say we really did share the experience. scared the crap outta one of my friends actually, hehe..

i'm tempted to say that the groggy/asleep people you saw might be projections of your friends, kinda out and about in the astral on autopilot, but their consciousness was focused elsewhere, in another energy body perhaps...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries
    I asked one with a chainsaw if he was a dream character and he admitted he was. I also asked a couple of guides in a supply room if they were and they also agreed that it was their role.

I also had a dream character, whom I'm sure was conscious, ask me across the noise and activity at a crowded transport hub if I could talk.

I've seen other people too who haven't seemed consciously present, wandering with eyes open but no recognition. I haven't had Neil's experience though - that's pretty cool. I do remember Neil making a dream visit here and picking up some info and I've done the same to Mishell and Oliver's little son.
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 21st June 2011 at 12:17 PM.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)