Thread: pain body vs. energy body

pain body vs. energy body

Robert,

in your work you are also relating to Tolle's teachings, so I think you might be the right man to answer this.

Last year, I read the "Power of Now" and am now reading "New Earth". Some of the topics repeated in both books is Tolle's concept of the "Pain Body". It is not just about literal bodily pain, but also the many painful negative emotions created by the mind-ego. According to Tolle, there are also collective pain bodies of groups of people, tribes, peoples, nations, or e.g. the collective female gender pain body that accumulated pain of suppression over many millenia (perhaps after the so-called Golden Age ended).

While the collective pain body seems to me to be a kind of Jungian collective subconscious thing, I still wonder about that personal pain body. Is it really a "body" like an energy body or is it rather an accumulated "neg"-reservoir of past traumas and present troubles manifesting as a kind of attached energy field resulting in these psychological states of mind (what a phrase, woah...) ? Or perhaps the term "body" here is just purely metaphorical in meaning? However, I don't think so.

If the personal pain body it is an expression or consequence of an energy body, wouldn't it most likely be (part of) the Astral Body - which is also in some teachings called the "Emotional" Body?

What is your take on the "Pain Body"?

Cheers,
    Volgerle
    This collector of useless clutter.

Re: pain body vs. energy body

I think the 'pain body' as Tolle calls it is a thought form, more like an eggregore which is a living thought forum containing some life essence. This is created through the act of living and is a repository of all life experience, and pain. The more pain one experiences, the stronger the pain body becomes. it is possible that after death the pain body could become a ghost, even a neg spirit, depending on what it carries. Robert

Summerlander Guest

Re: pain body vs. energy body

The pain body as a thought form...hmmm. Perhaps there is another frequency of reality where thoughts dwell and while we are alive we tune into that. Then there is the possibility that thoughts are illusions produced by the many chemical/electric impulses that flow through the myriad synaptic connections (and quantum fluctuations may play a role)...

Thus, this eggregore business could be a particular mechanism in consciousness - in that other frequency of reality - that can influence us as individuals...OR...the experience of it is nothing but a hallucination or an elaborate concoction of the subconscious mind.

Isn't it possible that the eggregore is already a "ghost" that we can subscribe to (either in our minds or 'elsewhere') with the already existent qualities (negative or positive)?

Also, Robert, what makes you think that there is an afterlife?

[This thread was copied from the "Ask Robert" forum to this one. In future, please do not answer questions in the Ask Robert section, although you may contact a mod to have a question copied to here if you wish. See: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...R-POSTS-FOR-RB]