Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is a dry spell normal?

1. Cool Is a dry spell normal?

Hey guys,

I am in a dry spell. I usually have 1 ~ 2 OBEs every week. But recently I decided to get very serious about it and wanted to use my OBEs to contact the deceased relatives and get verifiable info from them. After I made that decision, I only had one short OBE and that is it. I tried everything, nothing happens, I have very good sleep every night. Still wake up at around 4 or 5 AM and still tries to do the techniques I do all the time. But I get nothing. And no, I don't have fears or anything like that.

I wonder if this is normal. Do you guys have dry spells regularly? Am I trying too hard?

Thank you in advance!

Frank

Just changed "diseased" to "deceased". Beek.
    Last edited by Beekeeper; 24th June 2011 at 09:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yes and yes.
    First of all, one or two a week? Excellent.

One of the things that I have observed is that when you get to a certain point in your development, a 'dry spell' (or what seems like it) happens- and it usually has to do with readjustment (energetic, psychological or some other term I haven't thought of yet)- in which the experience will change- you will sleep more, and possibly have more lucid or precognitive dreams- this happens and is normal.
    Another thing I've observed is that when I would get a mission- one of mine was to try to go to the moon- my OBEs dried up. I never knew what that was all about, but I noticed it does happen to others. So, Idk if maybe this means that your 'mission' needs to be approached differently, but my advice would be to ask your higher self/subconscious/superconscious/whatever you believe in/ to let you know what you're supposed to do next.
    BTW, I just forgot about going to the moon, and when I needed to see someone specifically (and couldn't do it by my own will) I ended up asking for help, and got it, in the form of a guide.
    Go figure.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

3. Smile

Thank you very much CFTraveler for your valuable quick response as always!

It seems I do need to forget about the mission for awhile.

BTW, I read Bruce Meon's books and have tried retrievals for a couple of times. That was cool. But I wanted to have verifiable info. That is why I wanted to contact specific people. Well, good luck to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by baby001 View Post
    But I wanted to have verifiable info.
    That appears to be in many cases causing a "dry spell". In my opinion it is not that much the problem of "receiving verifiable info", but the kind of mind set people get into, when they decide to "proof something".
    + Alienor +

Quote Originally Posted by Alienor View Post
    That appears to be in many cases causing a "dry spell". In my opinion it is not that much the problem of "receiving verifiable info", but the kind of mind set people get into, when they decide to "proof something".
    I dunno, this would explain what happened with baby001's case, but I don't see what this would have to do with going to the moon since you wouldn't be able to verify anything by doing that.

I have never really had a real dry spell, closest it ever got was a couple weeks without any action.

Blog Entries
    I'd never speak for Alienor, and I may be completely offbase here, but the way I'd interpret what she said would be that when you have a specific intention, sometimes it affects what you see- you want to see something verifiable, but 'wanting' something makes you form it, and something you form is the opposite of 'verifiable'. So the two conditions lock each other up, and cause a 'logic crash', so nothing happens.
    Or something like that.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

7. ........as if your perception were stumbeling over your own anticipation.

8. And yes,......... I think many of us have dry spells from time to time. There are times that I wont have a lucid dream for months, let alone a sleep paraylsis. Don't get anxious over it though, because that will only choke you up, just let it flow in its own rhythms.
    Last edited by Ariel; 18th July 2011 at 05:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Is a dry spell normal?

Hi,
    I have many dry spells.
    I think they come and go for various lengths of time.
    It probably has to do with what's going on in our lives at the time.
    Maybe it has to do with growth, spiritually.
    I know alcohol will put a damper on projecting.
    Grant

10. Re: Is a dry spell normal?

Thanks guys for your replies.

I am still having little or no OBEs/lucid dreams these days (luckily, I just had two or three extremely short OBEs this morning.) I hope one day it will "rush back in as fast as it went out."