Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: question: chakra opening techniques (mudras & chanting)

question: chakra opening techniques (mudras & chanting)

Since I am totally unexperienced with these exercises and development of chakras in general, my question:

What is your opinon on these exercises?

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/open.php

Are they worth anyting, do they work? Does anyone here practice in this way?
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

Re: question: chakra opening techniques (mudras & chanting)

I can't see anything wrong with this, Volgerie. In fact, I've bookmarked it for possibly later use. I find chanting with other people particularly powerful and occasionally use chants in my downstairs yoga classes. I like the idea of those sounds floating up to the places my family and I inhabit.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

I can remember by heart that such webpage was mentioned time ago. The same poster, years later, used the same thread to warn people about that same technique. In his words those mudras opened something evil in him which he was unable to control. Look for the thread, many people took part in it and it will be of value to you for sure.

IMO those mudras should strengthen the chakras, but I must admit I got quite scared after reading the cited post. The only way to know if they work is just to see it directly through inner vision... which I've not got, so far

wigswest Guest

When I first started working on my chakras, I got this Deepak Chopra CD which was a great help:

http://www.amazon.com/Chakra-Balanci...1638995&sr=8-1

Blog Entries

Iadnon, I don't remember it. I'm not discounting the poster's experiences, especially without reading the thread, but I sometimes wonder if such experiences are sometimes misinterpreted and people are fearful because the experience is something they don't understand and they weren't ready for.
    Williams)

Beekeeper, I've been searching for the mentioned thread, but in vain. Now I'm asking myself if it was posted in another forum (astral society, astralpulse... or so).

Anyway I can remember clearly that the author of the post related the technique opened a channel to lower forces. He also mentioned possession (who knows...). It is curious that other guy said nearly the same about the microcosmic orbit exercise, and that he had to take pills to reequilibrate himself... (I've never had any problems with that technique).

I agree with you that many people just don't interpret correctly what's going on around their procedures. It is also true all warnings should be taken gratefully, just in case.

To be sincere, the classical approach to energyzing the chakras is really effective, not to say sufficient. Other authors talk about the "upper" chakras (above sahasrara) and other energy constructs, and they also give other techniques (and visualizations) to activate them.

In my humble opinion I would stick to the basic techniques in order to get to the astral, and once you've developed some seeing capabilities it would be easier to check what it's going on in the etheric while applying other exercises. That is something Dion Fortune stated in one of her books (don't remember by heart which book), and I can not but agree with her.

In any case, Volgerle, it would be so interesting to know about your experience with those mudras exercises, so keep us informed

Blog Entries

Yeah, I get where you're coming from and I'm happy personally with NEW and yoga. I know exactly how to trigger a bunch of psychic experiences (as an inadvertent outcome of my training as a yoga teacher a couple of years back) and I've even toyed with the idea of reinstating those practices (as if I actually had the time ) but, when it comes down to it, I'm happy with my current level of normality and sense that things are largely in my control.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

I remember the original article, because I read it at the time too, and had seen the original Crowley drawing.
    The deal is that the mantra that is used to open the root chakra in that particular article happens to be the same word that is the name of a Demon that Alistair Crowley used to invoke or evoke, and the trick was to look at his picture (not recommended) and say his name out loud. So you see why this would cause some people to pause. I won't do it or use any mantra that uses the th sound. There was something with that too, I just don't remember the details.
    I personally wouldn't say it simply because I have that association in my head, and I am not even sure if in the original Hindu way these are actually genuine Sanskrit words that are used, or have been adapted from some other traditions.
    So, I'm glad you remembered, because the warning is out, proceed at your own risk.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I won't do it or use any mantra that uses the th sound.
    I don't get it, sorry. In this webpage (as on several others) I linked there is no th-sound. I even think these are the usual Yoga-chants?
    It's LAM, VAM, RAM, YAM, HAM, OM/AUM and NG (in ascending order per chakra). Are they really wrong, dangerous, or is it the mudras in combination with it? But aren't they yogic, either?

(Sorry, but you see I've got no clue about these things, and too lazy to google for info now, although I had joined a yoga class 2 years ago, but I admit it was only for a few times ).
    This collector of useless clutter.

Blog Entries

No, like I said, it was in the original (now apparently lost) article iadnon mentioned, in which the subject of the demon Lam is talked about, and some chants were also included using the th insted of the usual 'm' sound that is typical of the Yogic tradition.
    Like I said, I also read the original article, so I remember what it was about, and am sharing what I remember about it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.