Thread: First Post

First Post

Hi Everyone

A quick intro and hello from me and my current problem.

I have been always interested in OBE's and the occult/spirituality for as long as I can remember, but my lifestyle was always adverse to it, so although I practiced a bit, I never really was focused enough to give it the proper effort required or when I did, I was not patient enough.

Anyway, I have changed my lifestyle and am properly pursuing spiritual pursuits. Have been doing this for a year before I decided to try my hand at AP again.

Last night was the closest that I have gotten to an AP. I was very relaxed and began feeling loads of pins and needles around my body before my girlfriend woke me up unintentionally. Now, I was trying the swaying technique to put pressure on my astral body, however after doing some reading today, perhaps I wasn't deep enough into relaxation to begin trying this.

At what point would one put this pressure on? I hadn't felt any strong vibrations although I have felt the heart racing on occasion, but am concerned that perhaps there is another level to the relaxation portion that I am missing out on.

Thanks

Keith

Blog Entries

Re: First Post

Hi Begeegs and welcome to the forums.
    What part of the program are you on now? It sounds like you are in the 'energy body loosening' stage, but I'm not sure of it.
    If this is so, when you start to feel sensations such as you describe, try to ignore them and deepen your trance, before starting on an exit method- maybe a little 'noticing' and 'listening', to see where you are in the trance, and at this time it's better not to focus on body sensations- and when you're having more defined symptoms (can be vibes, can be movement, can be 'seeing') then go for the exit method.
    But if you are still on a body focus I don't recommend trying the exit yet.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Greetings begeegs. Welcome to Astral Dynamics.
    Whatever program or method you use to go out of body the assets of patience and determination are always very important. Fortunately you have selected a very good program. Robert Bruce's methods have worked for many, many people. (Read some of the success stories in this forum btw). It may take several weeks or even months, however, as different people progress at different rates. So hang in there and stay positive.

Good luck
    Grey

Blog Entries

Welcome, begeegs.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

I have been trying to AP for years now and only can do the lucid dream which is frustrating as to me.

I am in the middle of week three at the moment, so I haven't gotten to the energy body loosening just yet. Perhaps I am too impatient and shouldn't force the issue. I feel quite relaxed and then try to get some dream images, which do happen, but not very strong yet. I also don't get vibrations that are associated with AP, but rather occasional vibrations that occur with normal meditation, so although I feel different sensations, it is difficult to gauge where I am. However, on a positive note - anything that is new is a good thing.

My biggest obstacle is that although I can relax sufficiently on my back, I do not fall asleep. I am not sure if this is a requirement, though.

Anyway, I will ignore everything for now and not even bother to try any sort of techniques.

Blog Entries

I've projected on my right side but I don't think I have on my left and I definitely have most success on my back.

Try not to become despondent about your practices. All of life is spiritual if you have eyes to see it and immersion in dreaming all by itself can lead to the most exciting adventures. Lucid dreaming isn't inferior to OBE, either. Mastering it alone is an art.

Have you tried doing NEW and body loosening in one session and then waking up after 4-6 hours of sleep to attempt trance and AP? This works well for many people.
    Williams)

Thanks for the response, Beekeeper.

I am not sure what you mean by - NEW. Can you please explain?

As I haven't ever projected, I don't really have a point of reference, so I wanted to see what the differences were subjectively. I have read that some people say that they are the same - others claim that they are vastly different, so it would seem that it is a subjective viewpoint.

From my own mind, I don't really find anything amazing when it comes to Lucid Dreaming. It seems as if it is own based in my subconscious and there are limits to what can be achieved there. Perhaps I am mistaken though. What are your thoughts on this?

Blog Entries

http://www.xehupatl.com/download_files/freebooks/Robert_Bruce-New_Energy_Ways_1.pdf

R
    obert Bruce's New Energy Ways. This was the first link that came up in a Google search. It's a PDF. You use this to stimulate your energy body. You can also find a bunch of Robert's instructional videos http://astralbob.com/ You do this well before bed if you can because it can keep you awake. Then, after a sleep of say 4hrs, you wake yourself and you practice trance and attempt a conscious OBE. If you fall asleep, you're likely to have a lucid dream.

As I haven't ever projected, I don't really have a point of reference, so I wanted to see what the differences were subjectively. I have read that some people say that they are the same - others claim that they are vastly different, so it would seem that it is a subjective viewpoint.
    Projecting is amazing but many people are afraid the first time they try it. It's good to read the journals of other projectors to see that they always return safely.

Just like there are good and average projection experiences, there are good and average lucid dream experiences. Sometimes, it's hard to distinguish one from another. I've leant more towards LDs in the last couple of years because I find it easier. OBEs are good when you can just float out but I find astral adventures work better for me than real time zone (RTZ) adventures because you bypass issues with blindness and needing to get away from your physical body.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Hmm. That pdf is prob. legal (as long as Robert's name is in it and a link to the site) but I don't trust pdfs, have seen too many 'hinky' ones. Sometimes they even misspell the title. I recommend the NEW section on the website, actually written by Robert, here: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/con...he-Energy-Body
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Yeah, was being lazy. Actually would have taken less time to look down the menu on the home page.
    Williams)