Thread: OBE Newbie Experiences Vibrational State for the First Time!

1. OBE Newbie Experiences Vibrational State for the First Time!

OBE Newbie Experiences Vibrational State for the First Time!

OK, it was only for one second because I wimped out and woke myself up after one second but this is A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH FOR ME!

I have been practicing meditation off & on for years. I first became fascinated with OBE's when I heard Robert Bruce interviewed on "Coast To Coast AM" in May 2007. I've listened to that interview dozens of times over the years and still go back to it today. I've read several books on the topic and am currently re-reading Robert and Brian's book "Mastering Astral Projection."

I was in bed. Once I felt I was near falling asleep I put on my headphones, and listened to the audio file named "OBE Sleep Program.mp3" from the companion CD in the book "Mastering Astral Projection." I had saved it to my mp3 player and had set the playback to loop around. So when the audio got to the end it would restart & play again over and over again. OMG it took almost an hour to fall asleep.

I remember having one of my typical meaningless dreams about nothing significant (I was rolling down a hill in my car, fumbling with my keys & trying to start the engine from the back seat - go figure). During this dream I could hear the audio from my mp3 player.

This part I couldn't understand....

I was having a dream but suddenly reached the "sleep cross-over point." Yea, there must be a better term for it. The "sleep cross-over point" is that point where you know you're about to pass out (sleep) in a second or two. In my case I get suddenly light headed then fall asleep.

I don't understand how I could be at the "sleep cross-over point" when I was already having a little dream. Anyhow, here's the exciting part....

I HIT THE VIBRATIONAL STATE FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Just as I crossed the sleep cross-over point, the loud hissing sound began! It was gradually increasing in volume. My body (my energy body or my physical body - I don't know which one) began shaking like I was touching a third rail in the subway.

Of course this freaked me out so I immediately snapped myself wake. I knew what to expect but still wimped out. I can't wait to continue where I left off. Next time I will take it further.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions they'd like to share with me? Thanks.

Jay From Boston

Blog Entries

Re: OBE Newbie Experiences Vibrational State for the First Time!

Welcome to the forums, Jay.
    I usually get hypnagogics of all kinds way before I fall asleep (I like 'sleep crossover point', sounds catchy ) so it's not so rare. That prob. means you were in theta, and that's what you want.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: OBE Newbie Experiences Vibrational State for the First Time!

Hey im from boston too lol. But ya, if I stay up really late till like 3 am, its gaurenteed it I hit that cross over point and jump up two times. the third time I will actually fall aslepp. Its a 100% gaurentee for me, it weird. I actually dont like it becuase im really trying to fall asleep and I keep jumping.
    You could have been just half asleep with a little dream though
    new...