Thread: strange

strange

when i tried to trace pathway on my arm..i noticed something really strange
    first i scratched the pathway with my fingernail (i think one finger is perfect for arm pathway tracing......isnt it.....? ) and than tried to reproduce the feeling
    but automatically i started visualizing that my nail is ripping my skin off......lol
    i mean i want to imagine that i am scratching my skin but instead i start imagining that its ripping my skin off instead of scratching.....and its not in my control
    what to do......?

Re: strange

*Delusional parasitosis /Ekbom's syndrome : is a form of psychosis whose victims acquire a strong delusional belief that they are infested with parasites, whereas in reality no such parasites are present. Very often the imaginary parasites are reported as being "bugs" or insects crawling on or under the skin; in these cases the experience of the sensation known as formication may provide the basis for this belief.

*Formication is the medical term for a sensation that resembles that of insects crawling on (or under) the skin. It is one specific form of a set of sensations known as paresthesia, which also include the more common prickling, tingling sensation of "pins and needles". Formication is a well-documented symptom that has numerous possible causes.
    The experience of formication may sometimes cause feelings of itchiness, tingling, pins and needles, burning,scraping,peeling or even pain. When it is perceived as itchiness, it may trigger the scratch reflex and because of this, some people who are suffering from the sensation are at risk of causing skin damage through excessive scratching.
    Untreated cases of formication usually result in patient peeling of the epidermis with fingernails , knives or razors so as to expose the offending entity underneath.

*The "Bugs" : Although not a major but still a distinctly noted side effect of Opiates or Morphine include itching as the substance aforementioned prompt the release of histamine all over skin (as in a typical allergic reaction or urticaria).It can be a side effect of Ritalin (methylphenidate), Adderall (dextro/levo-amphetamine) and Lunesta (eszopiclone) and other prescription drugs or of cocaine or amphetamines (speed bugs)

In my opinion the absolute end of line medication for dermal irritation is first-generation Hydroxyzine (Atarax) since it works on 2 frontiers ,first to block the release of dermal histamine and secondly to arrest anxiety (consequential auto-mutilative action) ...by comparison hydroxyzine is just effective as the benzodiazipines or bromazepam (although extremely underrated)

what i am saying is pretty simple
    our mind has a tendency to think what we dont wanna think repeatedly
    like you dont like seeing people being killed by gun than your mind will flash this image again and again......so its like you are stuck at it........dont you guys have similar experiences.....?
    if a scene in a movie is very disturbing and you dont wanna remember it than it will flash in your mind more often with enough intensity
    you have a meeting tomorrow and you wanna be positive about it....but your mind will always interfere with negative images
    one more example......how many of you guys hate that scratching sound of blackboard.......? when someone scratches the blackboard/chalkboard with his nails or chalk
    now if you hate it......it will most probably come every time you imagine someone is writing on blackboard......

sleeper Guest

since i threw away my TV (and became a shut-in/recluse) that stuff stopped happening to me.

so maybe your subconscious is full of "less-than-optimal" mind stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    our mind has a tendency to think what we dont wanna think repeatedly
    like you dont like seeing people being killed by gun than your mind will flash this image again and again......so its like you are stuck at it........dont you guys have similar experiences.....?
    What you describe here, I do place in the category of "nightmare", even when it is happening the way you describe. It just does feel somewhat alike a certain kind of nightmare. I remember having had such in the past. For me it did help to realize what is happening, stopping that thought and replacing it with something different, or just changing it enough.
    You could for example try to replace the thought of using your fingernail and use a soft brush instead. You can also rub with the heel of your hand. That way you avoid the association with ripping skin with a nail.

These days, I have rarely such "nightmarish thought patterns" occurring. It has to do with a kind of mental and energetic hygiene. For example it helps to avoid watching horror movies and movies with very disturbing scenes. When you see people in the movie ripping their skin open, then you set yourself up to see that also in your imagination. If you do not want to see such, then just don't.
    + Alienor +

Blog Entries

Perhaps it's a message from your subconscious, encouraging you that you've only scratched the surface and there's more to investigate, below. That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read it.

Another line of thought is that visions of self-harm (or of harming others) can indicate repressed anger or similar. I used to have problems with very troubling visions of harm to self and to others, and once the underlying anger (in my case, a combination of rage, shame, fear, and other nasty stuff) was released, the visions stopped entirely. Haven't had a thought like that in many, many years.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

hmmmmm its a relief
    so there are other people too who has/had this type of experience or problem
    well i can use soft brush instead of nails but fingernails produce more of that tingling sensation which Mr. bruce talk about