im writing this having just woken up so please forgive any poor spellings/grammar

background - i had returned from work this morning (after night shift) and got into bed and listened to my OBE training cd. the relaxation technique followed by the sleep practice tracks.

As many times before i must have dozed off, when i came to i was able to realise that my body must be really relaxed as i hadnt moved in my sleep so i thought 'try not to move and to see if i could exit'.

no success as my mind seemed to quickly root me back in my body and all i wanted to do was move. so i removed headphones turned over and went to sleep.

during this sleep i had a dream like i have never experienced with such intensity

i would wake up from the dream and think i was in my room i would have my 'full awareness' only to notice something out of place after a period of time such as

1)a TV - i dont have one in my room

2)my girlfriend brought me the mail and it was three books - i am waiting on delivery of one book and my girlfriend is actually at work

3)my dog came in and i thought she looked a little odd as she picked up my keyring and started to play with them in her paws like a human would swinging them round on her claw - plus my keys and dog are downstairs

with each noticing of the 'out of place' the room would take on a pixelated quality as would my body and i could feel it start to collapse with a real intense feeling of energy in my heart or solar plexus

this would ease and i would find myself in my room until i spotted the 'out of place' and the energy would surge, until i was in my room again, and so it continued. but each time the transition from the collapse of one room to being in another was getting stronger and stronger

i remember in the dream starting to feel a little anxious as i thought that what if i couldnt get back? am i now trapped?.

now skipping to the end, i was in my room and i knew very quickly it wasnt 'real' and by now i had had enough,

when this room collpased i felt real intense pain in my jaw and teeth - my jaw was locked and all my teeth felt like they were being twisted in there sockets. from here i remember being surrounded by light as my room slowly began to materialise - i was now awake

looking back as i write this im thinking why did i want it to end? why didnt i try an exit technique? as of now i dont know.

im a little concerned by the pain i felt - has this hapened to anyone else?

is the 'pixalation' transition common? - one thing i can say is that my body and the room felt as one during the collapse in that i could see my body was part of the room not actually a part of me.

is there a way of easing oneself from out of a dream pattern like this once its felt to have gone on long enough?

any light shed on this would be gratefully received.