Thread: notes/observations

notes/observations

hi guys......i have two questions
    first of all what is the benefit of keeping MAP journal and notes/observations.....?
    and second is it necessary to keep notes/observations to get success in MAP program.....?

sleeper Guest

Re: notes/observations

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    hi guys......i have two questions
    first of all what is the benefit of keeping MAP journal and notes/observations.....?
    and second is it necessary to keep notes/observations to get success in MAP program.....?
    i think there are quite a few replies to similar questions, spread around the forum, but here are a few points:

1.the journaling exercise jogs your memory and...exercises it, which strengthens it.

2. putting the journal and pen by your bed and looking at before sleep or AP attempts is an exercise in manifestation.

3. writing down your experiences forces you to evaluate them, which makes you a wise and/or clever projector.

4. because you can't write down the extraordinary detail of a spiritual experience, you learn to condense your memories into key words or concepts which are easy to remember. thinking this way improves your chances of memory.

5. there are obviously unknown reasons as well. but in general, people who keep a journal are far more successful projectors than those who don't.

my 2c!

~dale

but what about negative points....
    like in your practice if you are facing a problem than obviously you will write it in journal
    but writing is a very powerful thing....dont you think writing negative points or problems will empower them.....?

sleeper Guest

but what about negative points....
    like in your practice if you are facing a problem than obviously you will write it in journal
    but writing is a very powerful thing....dont you think writing negative points or problems will empower them.....?
    this gets into manifestation and psychology but it's a great question.

it's not what we write down, it's the context that matters.

for instance: if you pop out of body and see a scary astral spider or a gremlin, you might be frightened. there's at least 2 ways to approach this. for instance:
    1. you could write an expose on your fear and how it controls you.
    2. you could write about how you hope to overcome this challenge, which you're perfectly capable of doing.

frame the journaling in a way that empowers you, that creates a future opportunity for you to win at something you might be afraid of.

it requires practice. but if you train yourself to think about the win rather than the loss, you will do well. you will write what you think and then you will get what you wrote.

does that help? the concept is simple but it's not always easy to apply. let me know if you want to go over some examples or some of your personal thoughts. i'm 100% certain that we can turn journaling around to be positive!

~dale

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
    this gets into manifestation and psychology but it's a great question.

it's not what we write down, it's the context that matters.

for instance: if you pop out of body and see a scary astral spider or a gremlin, you might be frightened. there's at least 2 ways to approach this. for instance:
    1. you could write an expose on your fear and how it controls you.
    2. you could write about how you hope to overcome this challenge, which you're perfectly capable of doing.

frame the journaling in a way that empowers you, that creates a future opportunity for you to win at something you might be afraid of.

it requires practice. but if you train yourself to think about the win rather than the loss, you will do well. you will write what you think and then you will get what you wrote.

does that help? the concept is simple but it's not always easy to apply. let me know if you want to go over some examples or some of your personal thoughts. i'm 100% certain that we can turn journaling around to be positive!

~dale
    yeah i am aware that its a powerful manifestation tool.....thats why i am worried
    i think its recommended to write exactly what you have observed........
    btw i am not talking about obe/dream journal here........i am talking about MAP journal
    i have been experiencing that my left leg is tensed when i try to relax........now as a rule i have to write whatever i have observed
    even if i write that i will overcome this problem than it will be projected into future..(future never comes thats why it is advised to write in present for manifestation)
    and if i write in present than it means it actually happened lol
    so there is a possibility that if someone is encountering with problems at the start and he is writing journal too......than he will attract more problems.....
    so what do you think about keeping MAP journal........? (not obe)
    is it really helpful......?

sleeper Guest

Unhappy Re: notes/observations

yeah i am aware that its a powerful manifestation tool.....thats why i am worried
    i think its recommended to write exactly what you have observed........
    btw i am not talking about obe/dream journal here........i am talking about MAP journal
    i have been experiencing that my left leg is tensed when i try to relax........now as a rule i have to write whatever i have observed
    even if i write that i will overcome this problem than it will be projected into future..(future never comes thats why it is advised to write in present for manifestation)
    and if i write in present than it means it actually happened lol
    so there is a possibility that if someone is encountering with problems at the start and he is writing journal too......than he will attract more problems.....
    so what do you think about keeping MAP journal........? (not obe)
    is it really helpful......?
    Sorry if I don't come across properly, I am writing from my phone. Your subconscious is the manifestation tool and your journal is a means of self expression. Your body is a vehicle for prana and your tension is a sign that you are making progress; you are drawing in more energy than your leg can yet handle. Over time tension may decrease.

Superstition is often mistook for manifestation; and fear is paralyzing. Keep up the hard work and be honestly positive.