Thread: OBE Or Lucid dream ?

OBE Or Lucid dream ?

Hi There,

I just wanted to write, while it was fresh in my mind, (just woke up) about an experience i just had while using a MAP Technique.

Im not sure whether it falls under obe or lucid dream?

Background

just finished a night shift

came home and listened to the relaxation CD in MAP CD Companion

completed the routine and felt deeply relaxed, more so than usual as i am trying to pay more close attention to my breath while doing the exercise.

I continued after the routine just listening to the track until noises around my house brought me out of the moment.

I took off my headphones and turned over to get some sleep - still feeling that nice fizz of relaxation as a lay in bed.

Quickly felt myself drift off into the falling asleep/thoughts into dreams phase

from here. as has happened a couple of weeks ago. I found myself in my house thinking i was awake before noticing things that clearly werent right such as

i was chatting to my friend who lives miles away

objects in the room were out of place

with the 'noticing' , came the lucidity and the feelings of energy in place of my body and i was trying to descbribe to my friend what was occuring.

from here rather than try and wake up as i normally would i wanted to try some things.

i attempted to center myself and said/thought 'i want to leave my body'

with this i found myself at the end of my street the sky was so blue

I just ran and jumped off a water main marker in the sreet and flew up into the air above my town - the lift off was something i had never experienced yet felt so natural ( plus i dont like heights)

i flew over my town and decide push things further - i flew to the seafront where i live

landed on the promenade and walked along - there were lots of people going about there business ( feel these were part of my sub conscious as its never that busy )

decided to walk into town but found myself in a different area - ( sub conscious again ?) looked like spanish buildings.

decided to carry on walking and managed to get into town - again lots of people and dogs?

while here i tried to see if i could make people come into the town so i thought of my mum and she walked out of the very next shop - oblivious to me even when i walked right close to her face. Yet when i entered a shop (my mum had walked off) i tried to walk through the wall only to fail, bang into it and i heard laughing so not everyone/thing was oblivious to me

i carried on around town - and ended up in some alleys behind houses from here the way seemed closed so i wanted to go find a peaceful place to try 'lift off further'.

i tried to center myself but loud noises awoke me back into my room.

I am not sure how to classify this experience possibly a mixed bag of goodies

Please feel free to comment/advise

hope this finds you all well

Blog Entries

Re: OBE Or Lucid dream ?

Unless you actually experienced the exit, it's technically a lucid dream. I suspect that your consciousness was focussed in your astral body right from the start and your bedroom was a dream bedroom, but you may have been in your etheric body until you asked to go out of body, at which point you were probably playing in a public zone on the astral plane.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    .. but you may have been in your etheric body until you asked to go out of body, at which point you were probably playing in a public zone on the astral plane.
    I tend to agree with this part of Beek's answer. Of course, since you were expecting/desiring an OBE maybe it was a dream bedroom scene, but I tend to go with the RTZ is mostly etheric viewpoint- a sort of 'false awakening' turning into an AP kind of thinking.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

great thanks for the replies.

Can i ask what you would be looking to do when you find yourself in a lucid dream?
    Not that i am ungrateful for having these dreams but would like to keep progressing. As so far they are very motivating but heavily impacted by my sub conscious.

thanks again.

Blog Entries

The answer is probably different for everyone.... I like to approach the characters in them and ask them who they are- really. And if they can answer I ask them what they represent, or what aspect of me they are.

approach the characters in them and ask them who they are- really. And if they can answer I ask them what they represent, or what aspect of me they are.
    Thank you that sounds like a valuble learning tool,

Is it possible to have an OBE from a Lucid dream?

Blog Entries

Yes. We have a thread about it in the techniques section.

Thank you