Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: deep breathing

deep breathing

hi guys
    i have noticed that there are two different ways of deep breathing......now i am confused which way to use......
    in one way we have to use our nostrils (i mean we kinda shrink nostrils) and chest to breath the air in......its like sucking in air with some force.....
    and in another way we just have to expand our belly with the minimum effort of nostrils or chest.....but in this type of deep breathing it feels a little weird.....i mean it feels like i am not satisfied with the breath......
    which one should i use.....?

Re: deep breathing

The belly breathing feels weird to me too. The breathing feels more shallow and not as full right? Like you are not taking in sufficient amount of air.

I think with the belly breathing you are still filling your chest with air, meaning as you slowly start to take in more air your rib cage will naturally expand, as it is designed to do, along with your belly.

As you are belly breathing, if you are holding your chest tight and not allowing it to naturally expand when you take in more air, i have found that it can give you that short of breath feeling. I think one of the important parts in belly breathing is aking sure your chest is relaxed and that you are not holding it closed and tight when expanding the belly.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

The belly breathing feels weird to me too. The breathing feels more shallow and not as full right? Like you are not taking in sufficient amount of air.
    ya it feels smooth and effortless but dissatisfying too......and its not long and deep too......
    so which one do you use......?
    is there any video or something by robert bruce on deep breathing.......?
    have you guys heard about the yogi complete breath.......? i wonder if complete breath can be used for deep breathing

best way to breathe during obe is to inhale while contarcting ur glottis(contracting muscles in ur throat) and exhale the same way. Also a helpful way to induce a deep trance is a 8:8:8:0 ratio breathing which means that you will inhale counting to 8 but slightly pousing between each count, then hold your breath to 8 counts and exhale counting to 8, also pausing between each count and then you just take a normal pause(0) and begin again. If 8 seems like its too high of a number you can change it to 6, therefore making it a 6:6:6:0 ratio. Hope this helps!!

Hi Soul,

I let my breathing follow my state of mind. In the context of obe i lull myself into a slumbery sleepy wet noodle like relaxed state and my breathing changes naturally. Usually a full inhale and quicker ehxale, very simular to the pattern you will notice while you are asleep..

If i am looking to get into a peaceful state, ill think of something that inspire peace and try to feel that as much and at as high a level as i can, and the breathing pattern will follow. Peacefulness is a long gentle inhale and a long gentle exhale for me.

Love can be a long strong inhale and a long strong exhale, but this is only when love starts to have a sexual quality to it.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

well i was always confused with deep breathing..........i think there should be a video.........what if i use chest and nostril but fill by belly........
    anyway i just checked astral dynamics and this is whats written there
    Just as we did earlier, breathe slowly, deeply, and regularly, in through your nose and out
    through your mouth.
    well thats a surprise for me.....out through mouth.......?
    do you guys exhale through mouth.......?

sleeper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    well i was always confused with deep breathing..........i think there should be a video.........what if i use chest and nostril but fill by belly........
    anyway i just checked astral dynamics and this is whats written there

breathing through the nose ftw~!

Blog Entries

What this is for in MAP.

Ok, a few things:
    The exercise soulreaper is doing is a particular exercise from MAP designed to teach you to breathe in various ways, and direct the air in various ways too. It is not "teaching you to deep breathe", but "teaching you to belly breathe as you do the specific technique in the specific day" indicated. This week he learns to count breaths (adding time to the breathing and then contracting time to the breathing) and belly-breathing.
    Even though some yogic breathing exercises the lungs are supposed to 'stay' while the air is directed by the belly, other yogic techniques use the belly to expand first , then the lungs, and do the opposite to come out.
    There are various reasons to do this, but IMO this exercise is specifically for the student to learn to breathe consciously- it's not supposed to be easy, it's supposed to make him think as he breathes, to attain control and awareness of the breath. The idea behind this is to
    1-learn yogic techniques, and maybe become interested in learning more (like pranayama), and
    2-to learn to use the attention without verbalizing; i.e. as mental relaxation, as opposed to physical relaxation (which was covered earlier in the program, in the form of muscle contraction/release and other stuff.

So even though there are various ways to do this, the reason for this is not to 'learn to deep breathe', but to 'learn to breathe consciously'.

-
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

i just checked astral dynamics and this is whats written there

"Just as we did earlier, breathe slowly, deeply, and regularly, in through your nose and out
    through your mouth."

Sometimes, after a good workout and as part of meditation. But this isn't AD, this is MAP, and you're not learning to deep breathe, you're learning a breathing technique to incorporate into your practice.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

you tubed

seems pretty easy

http://youtu.be/H5H_Qrcmxdg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast