Thread: Day one.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Day one.

Hello all,

Today is day one of training for my full exit. I'm using Robert's guide (90 Days book). While I'm reading it and other works on Astral Projection, I'd like to dump a number of questions here at the start. Note that I have not read Astral Dynamics yet, I'm hoping it's available on Kindle soon as it may touch on various points. In any case, here goes number 1:

1. Fear. I am planning on taking this emotion head on. I have had countless sleep-paralysis episodes during my life. I've partially projected during many, but never understood what was happening, and so reacted with a fair amount of fear and even terror. I am confident I can overcome this reaction when I begin to induce the experience in the future, but I want to address a few things about having anything to be afraid of in the first place.

- I've read a few posts on this forum, some from seasoned travelers, that include OOB experiences that are frankly, very scary. Reading books on Astral Travel is great, most of them make it sound as though there's little to no chance of a scary experience, but I want to understand what I can do, or not do, in order to ensure my first exist, or any afterward, are free from the real horror show elements. Basically, why do people even have terrifying projections? What can be done to prevent them?

I understand that much of the Astral landscape is related to our thoughts and what we believe, but I've read just a couple of experiences that seemed to baffle the person(s) to the point of never wanting to go out again. I want to go out. I want to explore...any help in dealing with this would be much appreciated.

More questions to follow. Thank you.

(BTW, I do a fair share of meditation now. Lots of mindfulness practice. Deep relaxation...all the good stuff. Not sure if this is a factor worth considering).
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Re: Day one.

Hi and welcome, SoulSail. I don't know if you have read the post entitled "Your First Conscious Projection"- if you haven't, I recommend it, because when you read about the possible symptoms you can have that can be scary it goes a long way to taking the power away from the fear.
    It doesn't mean scary things might not happen, it just means if you know that something specific may happen and it does, you know it's a symptom that is fairly normal and not a monster or a sign of your death or anything like that. So it's helpful to be armed with information.
    One of the characteristics of this type of exploration is it's ability to change with you, and that's why fear is one of the first things you engage with- because getting rid of it will help you have fuller and more enriching experiences. And the best way (sometimes, anyway) to get rid of fear is to meet it head on, and the best way is to know yourself as well as possible.
    Know that most of us who have had horrible experiences survived them, and are here to tell the stories- and came around to losing the fear and are better for it.
    Welcome again, and happy travels.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Thank you CFTraveler,

The link was very helpful and I'm going to order Astral Dynamics tonight. It looks like many of the issues I'm concerned with are highlighted in that book as well as in other posts here.

What's also interesting is what bubbled up in my mind today after posting here: that life is risky business on all levels. I've gone through my fears in the physical, I'm going to have to deal with them on the other side eventually, and I don't have enough information to justify any of them or let them grow right now.

I'm calling day one a success so far.

I do have one more question for now. My son is 9 and I found out that he's experienced sleep paralysis twice. It runs heavy on one side of my family, so I've been watching and gently posing questions to see if it's hit him yet. So it has. We talked a lot about it and I think I've got most of his concerns under control. The one thing I couldn't answer was why he saw everything as blue during the paralysis. He said his whole room was blue, everything in different shades of blue. Any ideas?
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

That's not something I've experienced. When I get this vision I usually see everything as if I were looking through an infrared camera or heat vision goggles- something like that. It's possible that his eyes are almost open a crack and this 'colored' his environment blue- your guess is as good as mine.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.