Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I often dream of houses....

Blog Entries

Re: I often dream of houses....

Hello, Kali's Child.

I agree with what Beek said. I overlooked the potential presence of a guide because I thought it might have been a dream character, and forgot that it might have been a case of not having developed the required communication skills yet.

For most people it would seem counterintuitive that they are not able to communicate with guides or other helpful entities. Some people encounter them being mute or speaking unintelligibly. Yet in the dream environment we seem to speak and interact just fine. This is probably because we need to learn to decode a higher form of conveying information, a telepathic exchange of abstract and symbolic concepts which Monroe termed NVC - Non-Verbal Communication.

Kurt once explained to me that learning to decode NVC is involved with the 5th and 6th chakras. The 5th chakra enables the exchange of pictures and symbols, and the 6th chakra enables analysing and interpreting it. He likened it to just reading a poem as in reading the words, and actually going in and interpreting the similies and metaphors and extracting what the author's trying to express. He actually used this to decribe how the ability to decode ROTEs (energy information packets, see also Monroe's second book) develops, but it is also true of NVC, I think.

Simulations like the one you encountered can actually help develop the chakras in the higher bodies. If you set your intention on learning NVC or developing your higher bodies you might encounter experiences such as Volgerle's latest one - attempts to read or do maths or other metaphors for decoding, deciphering, combining, discerning, translating, etc. Chakra work as in energy work is usually most involved with the etheric chakras which regulate physical well-being and at some later stages the astral chakras, which regulate feeling, sensation and emotional well-being. The higher body chakra capabilities, especially those used when out-of-body, are developed in experiences such as projections, lucid dreams and other kinds of experiences.

It's mostly learning by doing, and that's why simulations are so useful. You're learning in a controlled environment geared towards getting a certain lesson or skill right. The appearance of simulations is usually a good sign, I'd say. It's also a challenge to see how you react to being taught in this way, essentially. Now that you know roughly what a simulation is, you're better prepared for next time. As for who is setting up simulations - I'd say that any simulation designed to teach you something is set up by those who are actively trying to help along the evolution of your consciousness. Monroe calls them INSPEC, Moen calls them Helpers, and Leland calls them Facilitators.

After the spiritual path is entered, especially if one consciously choses to develop the energy bodies for work out-of-body, simulations tend to appear to test and train the aspirant. In the magical traditions this has led to the notion of "initiation", but you can also find reference to it in theosophic literature.

BTW, more of Kurt's newsletter is up: http://www.kurtleland.com/astral-pro...e-astral-plane. I think you were looking forward to reading the rest.

Cheers,
    Oliver
    Last edited by Korpo; 17th September 2011 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks guys. Much to absorb here...

I did some chanting with the Bija seeds. I've been drawn to Sanskrit and chanting lately so it was a no brainer. It was nice, and I felt like I could direct the vibrations somewhat. Even felt a little tingle up and down the spine afterwords. Not bad for a first attempt.

Blog Entries

I love chanting too. We've got a yoga teacher's day coming up in October: meditation, yoga and chanting - love it! Perhaps it's because you're musical this seems a natural practice for you.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Probably so. One thing for sure, I really stink at visualization (maybe that's a chakra thing too), so it's nice to find something with instant feedback, even if it's just a little tingle here and there. We'll see if I notice any dream related results from the practice. I'm going to start adding the traditional mudras to my practice soon, I just about have them memorized.

Oddly enough, or maybe not oddly at all, I had a dream where I was doing favors in one one house when I was supposed to be working in another. Seems like a bit of a theme developing here. Also, my Anima seems to be appearing rather frumpy lately. Hmm...

Well, I've had a few more dreams along these lines and I feel like the whole bit is representing an overall shift from the Astral to the Mental. I'm feeling pretty good now, like I'm rooted a little closer to the divine. Thanks for helping me work through this. Onwards and upwards!