Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About life, the physical, and all the kinds of way we can exist.

Blog Entries

About life, the physical, and all the kinds of way we can exist.

I was talking to IA in the dreaming forum and she asked how I see the world in terms of the physical and metaphysical- so I decided to write something about it. As usual, this is how I see it, not to be confused with any kind of 'objective truth' or anything like it.

Ok, I'm sitting in my very uncomfortable couch writing this. I am very aware of my physical body. But what is my physical body? I know (again, in my understanding) that my physical body is where my consciousness finds it's center, where I experience the material world. But my body is not what I am, it is the material expression of me. I am more than my body, but my body is also more than just the physical expression of me-it is where I find my point of view.

While I sit here I realize that in my body there are various systems that function in different ways to keep me alive- they take in what is necessary to live, and get rid of what can hurt me. There is an intelligence and purpose to all this, that goes beyond what I can consciously think about- there is an intelligence that keeps me alive, even when I am not being very smart. My body is made of cells that are alive in their own right, and the cells are made of molecules and atoms- that are universes in their own right. When you break it down to the atomic scale, there is a whole universe in my body- galaxies of atoms, and when you break those down, you get to that realm where nothing is material- when atoms break down into quantum particles, who only exist a certain part of the time, and for other parts of the time are simply potential energy- with the potential to be many things.

In this scale, I am not really physical, am I? I am merely potential- energy that can coalesce into matter or simply exist as a wave-and this is just my body, where I have chosen to exist while this matter exists- it's possible that what I call "I" perhaps continues to exist in those moments that my body's components do not exist as matter- but even while my body's component parts are simply potential, "I" am located in it, while I can. Of course, I think that an etheric projection is just the conscious mind's "tuning into" that energetic phase of existence- synchronizing with that nonphysical/nonmatter state- which is why I often think that AP is not wholly a nonphysical event.

But I digress- metaphysics (at least mystical, 'classic') metaphysics often teaches "as it is above, it is below" and many religions expresses this as "God Created the World"- in other words, the states of existence, unmanifest and manifest, are states of being, gradations of being.

So I think that all this means is that the spirit turns into matter gradually and constantly, and this is what existence is- which is why the only difference between spirit and body is of grade- they are not separate from each other, but are easier to understand as if they were separate, a russian doll, a box within a box, so to speak- but are really not separate- just as easily categorizable if understood that way- just like the colors of the rainbow is what happens when you separate the different features of white light- it is all white light, but separated to perceive and categorize.
    Something like that.

So anyway, this is why I think that the spirit and the body are components of me, but not just components of me-it is my spirit as it manifests in the physical universe. They are gradations of what 'me' is, only distinguishable by the physical body, for perception purposes.
    That's why mental issues and spiritual issues are often reflected in the body, sometimes as illness, and sometimes as health.

Cheers.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Re: About life, the physical, and all the kinds of way we can exist.

How do you see genetics playing into it all?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

IA56 Guest

Yes CFT...There is an inteligence what keepīs me alive when I am not so smart at timeīs....This I can write under on....I can tell you the story how the psychopath did get grip of me....We where supposed to do something for the humans...He promised me that my son wouldnīt be harmed but he did lie as it seamīs to me now he did lie of everything...I really did trust him...and now when I look back it seamīs to me that because of his lieing the inteligence had to step in to awake me so I get out of there and to also save my son from getting more harmed....my son was 3 years old at this time....I know that he did kill me several timeīs and he was so surprised when I get going and going so he started to call me Mr Magoo...because what ever happened to me I kept on living....and to this I today can say that my innocens and total trusting to be safe was the key for my survival....I did get several time the question...What do you belive in??...And I always answered....I belive in (the name of the psychopath)..I had no choice but to belive in him...he had promised to nothing would harm my son...of my self I did not have any thought at all at that time, and this is also strange....so it was.
    Still I am wondering...who is my higher self....I in the fleshbody is nothing!!

Love
    ia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    How do you see genetics playing into it all?
    If you are familiar with Rupert Sheldrake's work you'll have my answer- morphogenetic fields.
    As to genetics, it's all about form, and when I think "cause" I'm not necessarily thinking "form"- but I do think Spirit chooses the rules to follow- I'm thinking more along the lines of "existence" of an "idea". Not sure if I'm conveying what I mean, or if I'm really answering your question.

Blog Entries

Not sure if I'm conveying what I mean, or if I'm really answering your question.
    You pretty much did when you said,
    morphogenetic fields.
    In any case, I've kind of lost the feeling that was the impetus for the question and re-reading your post didn't fire it.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Ok- it's not so exciting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I know that my physical body is where my consciousness finds it's center, where I experience the material world.
    Perhaps: The physical body is where your consciousness places the center of your experience. The physical may not be the center of consciousness.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wstein View Post
    Perhaps: The physical body is where your consciousness places the center of your experience. The physical may not be the center of consciousness.
    Correct. Yes.

Summerlander Guest

I agree with what you wrote, CFTraveler! Rupert Sheldrake has a good view too and I am surprised that he hasn't been taken seriously enough since his experiments provided evidence that suggests the fields to be real. Then we have Einestein and "the field" which is the ground of all being. Genetics is just part of the equation. There is no dichotomy between physical and metaphysical as you say. The one and only medium of existence is spirit. Only the medium can display many different shades, notes, intensities etc. - they are all expressions. I often wonder if reality is an expression of another thinking mind that lives in a universe which is only another expression of a thinking mind ad infinitum. A bit like the Fibonacci sequence and the fractals. Good thread, btw!

IA56 Guest

only difference between spirit and body is of grade- they are not separate from each other, but are easier to understand as if they were separate, a russian doll, a box within a box, so to speak- but are really not separate- just as easily categorizable if understood that way- just like the colors of the rainbow is what happens when you separate the different features of white light- it is all white light, but separated to perceive and categorize.

I wrote that I feel that I am nothing....to express it more clarely I have touched the "field" what is nothing yet everything, but not as duality at all....the field you can not put in wordīs you have to experience it to know.
    This happened to me and I call this event when I did go through the roof of religion to the field...I call this event for the "Devider-Line!....On the line is every religionīs Godīs....under is the first the higher realmīs with all the angelīs and godīs....and the big Godīs on the diveder-line and abowe this is the FIELD of nothing.....I did feel so clearly that it is the real home...and I did get the answere that I was not ready yet to come home....but I know for sure where I am going after this life....and I feel so great to live and I do not feel any hurry because I KNOW

BUT still Iīd like to have a word for it...but maybe it is only called....NOTHING.

Love
    ia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast