Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Astral Projection Dream?

Ruh_Roh_Rastro_Traveler Guest

Astral Projection Dream?

OK, does an astral projection dream count as progress?

I recently purchased Astral Dynamics and for 4-5 nights have been practicing the techniques with very little success. This morning, I awoke before 4:00 and was wide awake. Seemed like I might as well try again.

I did the deep relaxation exercise, did the trance exercise with the elevator, did several iterations of the body energy circuit, then did several of the exit techniques. Wasn't really getting anywhere.

Next thing I know, I'm feeling this vibration that begins in the crown of my head and then flows rapidly down through my body. There is also this weird vibrating/whirring sound in my ears (not a wind sound). I feel myself begin to spin horizontally out of my body, with the top of my head being the pivot point. Realizing what was going on, I got excited and pivoted back. After telling myself to relax and calm down, the vibration and the weird sound began again. This time, I "pushed" and I pivoted out the same way, but much faster. Once my head was freed, I decided I had to do something, so I began flying about the room and doing flips in the air. I remember thinking, "Man, I have to tell my friend about this. This is cool!" I also remember thinking, "OK, Robert Bruce said to keep it short" so I flew around the room a few more times, then flew back to my bed (never looking at myself). When I lay down, it felt like there was someone under me and these two arms flailed out, almost like they were trying to hit me. I then "awoke" with a slight headache centered in the "pivot point" and with this weird settling sensation that included a cold vibration throughout my body (this went on for several minutes).

Here's why I figure it was a lucid dream: When I was exiting, I did not get the chest rush or anything like that. The room I projected into was not my hotel room. It looked like a hotel room but was definitely not the one I am in. There were shelves on the wall and two chairs in the room (my room has one chair). On each chair there was a creepy little clown doll (don't have any of those...). When I realized that I needed to keep it short, I decided to fly into the room next to me, just to see what was in that room. Each time I tried, it was if something was holding me back.

Since I've never had a lucid dream before (this was incredibly lucid), I'll take this as a win. However, I really don't know if this is a sign of progress or not. Thanks for letting me vent.

Blog Entries
    I believe you had an OB. You had exit sensations and you got out and flew.
    Here's why I figure it was a lucid dream: When I was exiting, I did not get the chest rush or anything like that. The room I projected into was not my hotel room. It looked like a hotel room but was definitely not the one I am in. There were shelves on the wall and two chairs in the room (my room has one chair). On each chair there was a creepy little clown doll (don't have any of those...). When I realized that I needed to keep it short, I decided to fly into the room next to me, just to see what was in that room. Each time I tried, it was if something was holding me back.
    The 'chest rush' would be your heart chakra being activated, yet you describe your head chakra as the exit point. Everyone doesn't have identical exit sensations, and even the same person can have different ones every time. (I don't always get vibes, when I do they're mostly of the heart chakra kind but I have also had the head ones, just not often). The discrepancies you describe sound like reality fluctuations, which happen because you are not perceiving with your physical senses, and your dreaming or subconscious mind are interpreting what essentially are energy signatures of the location you are in. Also the degree of lucidity of the OB experience depends on the level of energy, and [This is only my opinion based on my own experiences- The nature of the energy flow of the location you started at.] A public location such as a hotel will have a completely different energy flow (all those strange people close to you, coming and going) than, for example, your house. So the creepy little clown doll (I don't like clowns) could have been your creation, or someone else's.
    Congratulations! It is my humble opinion that you had an OBE.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thanks for your thoughts, CFTraveler. I can't get over how real it "seemed" but I don't know what to think. I wasn't prepared, I suppose, for it to be as unreal as it was. Since you posted, I've read your journal. Great stuff but it seems so dreamlike. OBE's are always that dreamlike?

May as well continue inducing trance in others, right?

Woke up at 3:30. Thought, what the heck, why not try again? Went through the same drill as last time but with very limited results. After some time, I realized I was wearing my watch, so I stirred myself to take it off.

Went through the drill again and this time my body definitely went to sleep. I could hear myself snoring occasionally. At some point, I began to feel this cold vibration (only way I can describe it) begin to flow through my body, from my crown chakra to my feet. To accompany it, my body felt like it was pulsing; especially at my legs, where it felt like something was squeezing and releasing them in a rolling squeeze/release that moved from feet to hips. My heart (or heart chakra) was beating rapidly. At this same time, a face appeared in my mind. It was female but misshapen. I recoiled and all sensations stopped. Giving it some thought, I figured, maybe it was trying to help me. I recalled the face in my mind and the sensations began again, starting at the crown. Again, it got pretty intense, but not unbearable.

However, this time, it almost seemed like I felt lighter when the sensation stopped. It occurred to me that the body might have gotten out without me. I tried contacting it but to no avail. With nothing else to do, and not knowing what it might be experiencing (if in fact it was gone), I decided to just keep doing the body circuit and send it energy. Figured I should get my physical body accustomed to the idea of providing assistance. 15-30 minutes later, the sensations began again and I felt this settling sensation in my body. After that, I could accomplish no more. It had been 2 1/2 hours from the very beginning and it was time to get up.

Wow. Perhaps you eventually get to the point where talking about your last projection is like talking about your last bowel movement. I'm not there yet...

In May, I spent 2 weeks in Amsterdam. While there, I was having at least one projection experience most mornings. It was amazing. It would always start the same. The vibrations would begin, then the loud, mechanical buzz/vibration sound. Then, my body would move sideways, pivoting at my head, until it broke free. After that, each experience was different. Although most seemed to take place in a version of the real world, it was never in an area that was recognizable (and all seemed a bit "off").

Then, in early June, this happened (from my journal):

OK, this morning I think I projected again. I woke up and decided to try it. Started using the rope method and as I pulled up, the vibrations increased. Finally, I slid out. At first my vision was obscured, like looking through gauze. I willed my vision to improve and saw my comforter as I was leaving. Exited the house and it felt really wild to go through the wall. The texture of the wall was very different.

Thought I would check out my neighborhood but, of course, I found myself in a neighborhood I didn't recognize. I saw movement in this house and decided to go in. There was a woman wrapped in a white shawl (including her head). As I entered the house, she came toward me. The shawl dropped away and she (it) had this undersized deformed head with wispy hair and very big eyes. "She" had 3 teeth on the top and 3 on the bottom but they were long and curved, like the teeth on a warthog. Her eyes lit up, she smiled, and she grabbed me, wrapping her arms and legs around me. I couldn't get away, so I willed myself back into my body.

When I got back into my body (if that's what really happened), there was kind of a thump and I "woke" up. What really seemed to happen, though, is that I joined a dream already in progress. After a few minutes of that dream, I truly woke up.

After this experience, nothing happened again until this morning. Perhaps it was because I was so freaked out by that experience. Not even a hint.

Last night, I woke up around 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. I was doing all kinds of relaxation stuff and probably did fall back asleep. Around 5:30, I realized that my body was totally relaxed and nearly paralyzed, so I decided to try to astral project. For some reason, I decided to try to "shift" my non-physical body. I shifted a little to the left, shifted a little to the right and BANG!, the vibration started.

This time, instead of the loud mechanical sound, I heard the wind. The vibration was much less violent than the previous experiences. Instead of moving out sideways, I dropped out of my body backwards, almost like a scuba diver dropping backward out of a boat. Then, I was falling for a while. Several times, I almost brought myself out of it and had to push back into the vibration. Also, while I was falling, I had no vision (I had forgotten about fact that sometimes you have to "will" your vision and thought maybe I had failed to project). Next thing I know, I'm in a very nice neighborhood that I don't recognize. I decided I wanted to fly. Up into the air I flew. It was about the right level of darkness for 5:30 in the morning but there were a lot of white birds flying about. For a few moments, I flew above the birds. As I swooped up and down, I could almost feel my gut drop (that elevator feeling).

Then, I swooped down past a lady walking on the street and over to a person and two girls walking into a house. I followed them into the house (flew right through the door). They walked into a pantry area that was kind of tight. I followed them into the pantry, then turned around and headed out again. The "mom" had been by the door when I entered. I touched her as I left and she looked right at me and smiled at me.

Then I was back in my body and I couldn't do it again. It was very wild and the most "realistic" experience so far. This really seemed like the real world.

I still don't know that these are "real" projection experiences. I only know that they are very consistent (except for the new method of exit and the lack of the harsh sound) and they are very vivid. Unlike dreams, these leave a very strong, very real, lasting impression. They are amazing experiences. Thanks to Robert for helping me along this path.

What a relief! Since the incident from June, I had not had a projection experience (until this morning).

Woke up around 2:30 AM and couldn't sleep. Decided to try the full body relaxation again. For me, it's usually a good sign if my entire body feels asleep and I can begin to hear myself snoring lightly, even though I'm awake. Luck wasn't with me, so I rolled over onto my side and started the relaxation thing again. In total, it probably took close to an hour. Then, the vibration started again (but without the sounds this time). I "pushed into it" and felt myself begin to move out of my body. As usual, I couldn't see, so I had to tell myself to start seeing again.

Found myself in my backyard, which is unusual (don't usually find myself somewhere that I recognize). However, as I flew through one of the bushes in my yard, I found myself somewhere unknown (but normal looking) again. As I flew around this new yard, I saw a man standing in the yard (although it was dark). He jumped at me and tried to grab me. I flew higher and he threw something at me--looked like a small red stone. At the time, I wasn't really scared (although it kind of creeps me out now). I flew away but quickly found myself back in my body, awake and exhilarated to have finally done it again. After a while, I finally drifted off to sleep. The difference between the dream that I then had, and the other experience was like night and day. The feeling of immediacy and reality that the projection experience caused was nothing like the flakey, random, out of control experience of a dream.

However, what I don't get is: 1. I remember touching one of the branches of a bush when I flew away from the man and 2. When he threw the red pebble at me, I felt it. Can this happen? Or did I have a lucid dream. Truly, there seemed to be nothing dream-like about it...

BriMercer Guest
    You can definitely still feel things in the out-of-body state.

Thanks for the info!

Last week, I had an experience that convinced me there IS a distinction between the projection experiences and a dream. In that experience, I WAS dreaming that I had a projection experience. The difference was immense. This time, the vibrations were much calmer, didn't last as long, and it didn't begin with astral blindness, as I normally do. Add to that, the fact that I did not have control of myself, things were not crisp and vivid, the sensation of movement just was not there. It was a very muddy, uncontrolled replica of the normal experiences.

By contrast, last night I had three very vivid experiences. I woke up around 2:00 AM and was having trouble falling asleep. I decided to do this color meditation I had read about that day. You relax and surround yourself with a white light. You then, go through a process of imagining the white light turning to red, then turning into a cone, with the small end attached to your first chakra. You then pull that color into that chakra until you feel you should stop. You then imagine the light around you as white again, experiencing that for a few. In turn, you repeat the process for the rest of the chakras and their colors.

I drifted off and then started to dream. In the dream, I realized I was dreaming. What the heck, I jumped up in the air to fly. The standard vibrations started, then I felt the exit, then the blindness. After willing myself to see, I flew around a neighborhood that I (of course) did not recognize. This was the first time that I saw my hands in a projection experience. They started to fade away on me, so I quickly looked away. In a short amount of time, I felt myself return.

What's interesting is that, for some reason, I decided to focus on the vibration I felt in my left hand. As I really focused on it, I felt myself exiting again. This time, I flew around the expected unknown neighborhood. For some reason, I started shooting upward at a very rapid rate. The feeling of accelerating upward was very intense. I freaked a bit and returned to my body.

I again focused on the vibration in my left hand, and exited again. After moving around the neighborhood, I felt something on my back. I reached back and pulled it off. I found myself holding a little red demon. It writhed in my hands. I think I snapped its neck, then I returned to my body.

While lying there, awake, I kept getting these cold, "electric" tingling flows through my body, starting at my feet and moving. Every time I reviewed the experience, or thought about the little demon, I would get that same rolling tingle.

Crazy stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh_Roh_Rastro_Traveler
    Thanks for your thoughts, CFTraveler. I can't get over how real it "seemed" but I don't know what to think. I wasn't prepared, I suppose, for it to be as unreal as it was. Since you posted, I've read your journal. Great stuff but it seems so dreamlike. OBE's are always that dreamlike?
    No. I started the journal after I learned to induce OBEs thanks to MAP. Before I had spontaneous events, and sometimes they were completely realistic, and I did have a few things that would be considered as 'confirmed', at least by me. Of course, these spontaneous events were unexpected, and I had no preconceived notions of what an OBE should be. So what let me to believe they were projections, was the feedback I got from the people I saw at the time. The stuff you read in my journal is only from 2 years ago onwards, after much reading and learning, and of course, expectation. So it follows that they will be less 'real-timish' (did I just invent a term?) because of my imaginative subconscious and advanced age. (just checking to see if you were reading.)
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

This is for me, I suppose, just to keep a journal.

It has been a long time since I had an OBE. On June 22, 2007, I received the DVD from SaltCube and watched part 1. The "rhythmic napping" concept was interesting and seemed to map to my most common experience.

That night, I had 4 OBE's (well, really around 4:00-5:00 AM). The first 3 experiences were all the same. I had the typical vibrations and then the feeling of my astral body sliding out of alignment, with my head as the pivot point. In each case, I found myself shooting into the air quite violently. In at least one of the cases, I felt as if I were on a rocket. The sensation was so powerful that my gut dropped and my toes felt like they were curling. There was no sound at all and all I could see was gray. It was like I was in a fog. In each case, it was unnerving enough that I snapped back rather quickly.

The final experience was very different. I found myself in an environment that almost looked like an undersea scene. Although there was no sensation of liquid, it seemed like I was underwater, looking at coral with plant life on it. The coral and plants did not have texture. They just had a myriad of colors that seemed to move and flux (in the case of the plant life, the colors moved with the movement of the plants. In the case of the coral, the colors just moved about in shapes almost like giant slugs). It was beautiful and was nothing like the RTZ-like environments I'm accustomed to seeing. Like the other experiences that night, there was no sound. There were no other beings, either.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast