OK, does an astral projection dream count as progress?

I recently purchased Astral Dynamics and for 4-5 nights have been practicing the techniques with very little success. This morning, I awoke before 4:00 and was wide awake. Seemed like I might as well try again.

I did the deep relaxation exercise, did the trance exercise with the elevator, did several iterations of the body energy circuit, then did several of the exit techniques. Wasn't really getting anywhere.

Next thing I know, I'm feeling this vibration that begins in the crown of my head and then flows rapidly down through my body. There is also this weird vibrating/whirring sound in my ears (not a wind sound). I feel myself begin to spin horizontally out of my body, with the top of my head being the pivot point. Realizing what was going on, I got excited and pivoted back. After telling myself to relax and calm down, the vibration and the weird sound began again. This time, I "pushed" and I pivoted out the same way, but much faster. Once my head was freed, I decided I had to do something, so I began flying about the room and doing flips in the air. I remember thinking, "Man, I have to tell my friend about this. This is cool!" I also remember thinking, "OK, Robert Bruce said to keep it short" so I flew around the room a few more times, then flew back to my bed (never looking at myself). When I lay down, it felt like there was someone under me and these two arms flailed out, almost like they were trying to hit me. I then "awoke" with a slight headache centered in the "pivot point" and with this weird settling sensation that included a cold vibration throughout my body (this went on for several minutes).

Here's why I figure it was a lucid dream: When I was exiting, I did not get the chest rush or anything like that. The room I projected into was not my hotel room. It looked like a hotel room but was definitely not the one I am in. There were shelves on the wall and two chairs in the room (my room has one chair). On each chair there was a creepy little clown doll (don't have any of those...). When I realized that I needed to keep it short, I decided to fly into the room next to me, just to see what was in that room. Each time I tried, it was if something was holding me back.

Since I've never had a lucid dream before (this was incredibly lucid), I'll take this as a win. However, I really don't know if this is a sign of progress or not. Thanks for letting me vent.