Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sooooo Close after Yoga

Blog Entries

Re: Sooooo Close after Yoga

You're finding what works for you and that's the important thing. It's not a one size fits all thing.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    You're finding what works for you and that's the important thing. It's not a one size fits all thing.
    Exactly.

And I've honestly been going about this whole conscious exploration thing in the same manner one would follow a cookbook recipe. I surprise myself in this. I like to think I'm fairly flexible in how I interpret and approach the world around me, all new ideas and experiences included.

I think the big lesson here is that this isn't really about astral projection after all: it's about self-discovery on *every* level and how those discoveries can benefit someone else as well. How I approach "getting out" should be shaken up if "staying in" means evolution stalls. When a new cause elicits a new effect--that's the perfect time to open up. God knows I've got enough junk cemented in place as it is, and I'd love to learn to experiment and be flexible here.

I'll get off my soapbox in a moment, but after reading literally hundreds of posts here and on other sites across the web, I'm taken aback at how many people, myself included, approach AP as if it's the Holy Grail...it just isn't. In fact, I'd rather stay right in my skin until I can summarize, at least in part, WHY I want to get out in the first place. I'd rather hit wall after wall until I've mastered the fine art of seeing walls and learning why they're there and what my role is in either removing them or working with them. It's all easier said than done, but again, I'd like to think I'm getting there.

For what it's worth.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Yes, AP has opened made me realize many things. But, its really about increasing our levels of consciousness.
    Grant

Blog Entries

.. after reading literally hundreds of posts here and on other sites across the web, I'm taken aback at how many people, myself included, approach AP as if it's the Holy Grail...it just isn't. In fact, I'd rather stay right in my skin until I can summarize, at least in part, WHY I want to get out in the first place. I'd rather hit wall after wall until I've mastered the fine art of seeing walls and learning why they're there and what my role is in either removing them or working with them. It's all easier said than done, but again, I'd like to think I'm getting there.
    This has to be the first time I've read someone come to this realization. Bravo.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Oh man. Oh man. Ohhhhh man!

This is getting intense. Just 30 minutes ago...even closer. I just triggered the symptoms within five minutes by concentrating on being lifted in a hot air balloon. It's the first I've tried this technique. But duh, I should've known to try this since hot air balloons come to me in dreams and I even got one TATTOOED on my body (see profile) after having a vision of one with a head on it no less!

The exit symptoms are crazier than I thought they could ever be. This is a bit off, so please pardon me, but it was very much like the first time I had sex. I just kept thinking, "oh my God, this is it, this is really happening...this is really happening."

The more I could be IN the mental scenario and see the ground fall away, rise with the tree line, smell the air, and feel the giddy sense of heights, the more intense the separation pressure came. I kept losing my concentration and focus, so this is the next area to work on: quality daydreaming.

Only, I have just one question now. If I use this hot air balloon technique and get out, am I going to be in the air when it happens?

Thanks for reading with me folks. I feel like I'm walking the line now where the assurance of the thing hoped for, faith, is giving way to the thing itself.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

You will more than likely be floating around your room (or wherever you are). I always float when I project. Luckily your wits are with you when you do, so you won't feel any 'dream fear' of it, because you know what's happening.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Nice work, SoulSail and I agree with your realisation. More and more I think that spiritual development (if that's what you're seeking and it's only one reason people pursue AP) is about how you react to the situations your life throws up, how deeply you think and seek what is right and true and how you treat people. Psychic occurrences are interesting and remind you that all is not as we've been told but it's not the be all and end all.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Hi again Soulsail,

It's really encouraging to see your progress, thank you for sharing it. I also very much agree with you about learning to see walls and their role in development and how I can approach them and such... This whole AP-business has activated every possible part of me, for that I am very grateful. I also agree that it is easier said than done. I do acknowledge that a significant part of my motivation is "Holy Grail Pursuit"-like.
    I deeply and truly respect beliefs and believers. Still... I want to know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2