Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about the afterlife

Re: Question about the afterlife

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bruce View Post
    I do not doubt that masters and yogi's can do this, as I have been capable of doing the same thing since I raised Kundalini twenty something years ago.

take care, robert

Hi Robert,

Do you only get this power after raising Kundalini?

I would not really call this a power, but a natural progression of ability that comes about through the development of ones consciousness and energy body. I think the ability to raise kundalini, even if one has not actually raised it, is necessary. I say this simply because of the large amount of energy required to do a real time OBE of enough strength to permit this feat to be carried out...meaning, enough time and energy with which to attach to another living being deliberately, as opposed to this happening naturally or accidentally.

Any mention of there being an end to spiritual evolution, of a point where people will leave the physical and continue in another dimension, is pure conjecture.

what I do see is that at some point in spiritual evolution the number of choices available increase beyond the automatic afterlife process.

Advanced Buddhist monks and other such masters have spent an enormous amount of time meditating. I think it is this more than anything that allows them to skip the automatic afterlife process. Because there is no need for an afterlife process. There is nothing to process. This makes sense.

Robert

So in "advanced people" their real-time bodies will not fall asleep and dream up an afterlife in the mental planes?

Evolution is a constant factor in life, even if we dip lower at times we cannot help but to evolve in time.

I do not know if there is an end to this process. I have heard many people claiming that they will not come back to physical life again, that they will evolve to a higher dimension. Such people do not get the point of life at all. They just want to get away to somewhere easier. A lot of children are like this when it comes to school. They just want it over so they can do something more interesting and fun.

It does not help that we cannot imagine a higher reality and what it would be like. Anything we could imagine would be an extension of physical life. One might imagine, for example, a world where everyone is nice and vegetarianism is the norm. Or one might imagine floating on a cloud playing a harp. Life is what one makes of it.

Again, I do not know if there is an end to physical existence. I do know that as we evolve we gain a lot more choices.

robert

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    So the evolved soul does not get higher up in a evolutionary chain to be, for example, released from physical reality and live on in a different dimension and evolve there, but stays in the physical dimension forever?

Dear Sir...

¿That after life illusory status can be avoided if individual follows a special discipline when he's alive?

Devotion to a daily meditation routine avoiding drugs, numbing eating, and unnecessary contact with people ¿can serve in order to reduce to its minimum expression such an after life illusory status?

If previous is not, ¿what is the life style compatible with such purpose?

My best regards,
    Ángel

Dear Sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bruce View Post
    Evolution is a constant factor in life, even if we dip lower at times we cannot help but to evolve in time.
    I do not know if there is an end to this process. I have heard many people claiming that they will not come back to physical life again, that they will evolve to a higher dimension. Such people do not get the point of life at all. They just want to get away to somewhere easier. A lot of children are like this when it comes to school. They just want it over so they can do something more interesting and fun.
    Just a thought...

I agree with you. May be such people is not yet mature in order to understand that life on Earth serves to direct experience things cannot be experienced at astral (i.e.: death, disease, famine, anger, hate, sexual love, etc.) all that source of physical and spiritual pain.

Once an individual masters all of that sources of terrestrial pain, can evolve to more advanced worlds (may be, an ET's world source) and repeat evolution routine (birth, development, mastering of evolved world limitations, death, rebirth and so on).

By comparison, children starts at elementary school, where they must to learn and master things like reading, writing, mathematics, history, etc.. When they master all that elementary school imposes, they evolve to High School where they must to grow following programs more ambitious, learning and mastering signatures more deep than such learned at elementary school. Once mastered all that High School imposes, they follow their path in Universities --> Post Graduated Schools. Even reaching professional level, more and more they must to study, practice and evolve.

¿Is this right?

My best regards,
    Ángel

Last edited by CFTraveler; 19th March 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Buddhist masters process their current life while they are still alive, and in this way have little to process after death.

Anyone can do the same, with a lifelong daily meditation regime.

And right living and right thinking and right action are a way of not creating any more baggage.

But for all that, do not forget to enjoy your life. The purpose and meaning of life are to 'live your life to the full'.

robert

Quote Originally Posted by -asalantu- View Post
    Dear Sir...

¿That after life illusory status can be avoided if individual follows a special discipline when he's alive?

Devotion to a daily meditation routine avoiding drugs, numbing eating, and unnecessary contact with people ¿can serve in order to reduce to its minimum expression such an after life illusory status?

If previous is not, ¿what is the life style compatible with such purpose?

My best regards,
    Ángel

The problem with deliberate reincarnation is that these Buddhist tulkus lose memories of their previous life rather quickly, till nothing can be remembered.

The big advantage seems to be reborn in a Buddhist setting and thats all.

Again, we know very little about these things and how they work. Most of what we think we know, and what we can find in books, is more tradition and mythology than fact. This, because it is rare to find anyone with actual personal experience in these matters.

The 14th Deli Lama (current) for example, had to demonstrate that he had some memory of his previous life in order to pass required tests.

He also claims to have no real memories of past lives.

But the phenomena relating to the reincarnation lineage of the Deli Lamas do demonstrate a type of reincarnation that is not typical for the vast majority of people...more deliberate.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalai_Lama

And http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phowa

robert

Quote Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
    The problem with deliberate reincarnation is that these Buddhist tulkus lose memories of their previous life rather quickly, till nothing can be remembered.

The big advantage seems to be reborn in a Buddhist setting and thats all.