Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
So you mean that you think we will be in this "in-between" place before we have actually passed away? So that we first die here in the physical reality and then we spend some time "in-between" and then we go somewhere else ("in-between" makes me think of Robert Bruce's rest areas/recreation areas/hostpitals he have been writing about in his books). Did i get that right?
Maybe.
There is an author (Anthony Peake) that has the theory (or is it hypothesis? I'm never sure, lol) that when we die, we go into a state of 'no time' (which people report as the 'going through your life' phase) which in subjective terms goes on 'forever', and in which you change things as you 'relive' your life, which is basically similar to reincarnation but in a 'subjective' way, so that the life you are living right now is (or could be) one of those 'relivings'. This explains the apparent holographic nature of the universe, things like precog visions and deja vu, and other interesting brain effects. This doesn't mean you die 'completely', because the state of 'no time' is a quantum state and your consciousness is 'in it'. He calls it the ITLADian theory (derived from the initials of the title of his first book) and the universe we experience the 'Bohmian IMAX' (Dr. Bohm postulated something similar about reality in his theoretical work).
Or,
That when we die we go into an 'in between' state (Tibetans call it the Bardo) in which we resolve parts of our lives that caused us issues- this is completely self-generated, and go through a series of steps to resolve the issues. Usually when this step is passed through, you either reincarnate or go on to 'something else'. This can be staying in this state to help the recently departed make their transition, becoming 'higher beings', and then the 'unanswered question', reabsorbtion to the Source, or something completely unknown.

For now, this is the view I'm most comfortable in, for purely emotional reasons, and also my own experiences in projection appear to support this view.

There are other views, of course, but these are the ones that are closest to my thoughts on the subject.