Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Question about the afterlife

Blog Entries

Question about the afterlife

Asked this to Robert but wanted to post this here to see what you all think about it. And sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread, I just don't know where to put it!

My question is what we do in the afterlife? What do we strive for when we have passed on? Is there any task we must carry on, like our jobs now in this life, or do we do what we want to do?
    I'm asking because it feels like eternity is a long time doing nothing *smiles*.
    Regards //Linus

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Re: Question about the afterlife

Hey Sirius,

I highly recommend you read The Unanswered Question by Kurt Leland. He deals with your exact questions in considerable detail. I've read plenty on the subject, but I think his book offers the most satisfying look, and the one that lines up with my inner senses and experiences.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

I may move it when I have time, but for now, I suggest you read "Otherwhere" by Kurt Leland. The old edition was extremely expensive but he's going to republish it.
    When I have more time, I'll come back to flesh it out a little more. Meanwhile other posters can come back with how they interpret their own afterlife experiences (not NDE, OBEs with departed, which some of us have experienced.)

ps. Now that I see I've cross posted with SS, I'll add that I do think that the Unanswered Question is the most satisfying reading experience I've had in this theme also, but Otherwhere is kind of more simple, so I'd start with that one and go to the second one, if you can afford it.
    I'm a fan of Kurt's as many of us who have read his books are. And if you're reading this, hi Kurt!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Worthwhile adding here is Kurt's website - http://www.kurtleland.com/home
    If you sign up for the newsletter, you'll receive monthly(?) insights and adventures, often delving into more detail than he can go into in the books.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

As I see it: We are in a school here, which is Earth in this 3D-Timespace dimension, which we enter by repeated / multiple incarnating. As long as we attend this school we are busy with doing homework and preparing the next project (incarnation).

Next to Leland's books already mentioned here (btw, CFT, is Kurt still here since I have not read from him after the forum move?) I recommend Michael Newton's books. Or have a look at Tom Campbell here where he explains more or less the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RORIyVXBgQ

For what comes after we leave this school? Well, yeah, who knows. Apprenticeship, University, First Job ... ... Serioously, I think it's all about Evolution (and I guess that RB will answer you also something along these lines).

The Mothership called "Higher Self" will move on to new levels (probably with friends) to evolve itself further, and further, and further to a god-like status, so I suppose. Robert Monroe also wrote quite a few things on it and there are also lots of channelings on what goes on after that, also the Explorer tapes at the TMI which deal a bit with it (some of them at least, especially the ones with "Miranon").

http://www.monroeinstitute.org/downl...orer-series-6/

And here is Monroe' on "why we are here" and also why it is so cool to have 'graduated' from this "school" because you have great 'prospects' elsewhere(ever-it-is):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCFWoBS1sKk#t=4m30s

This collector of useless clutter.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

I think you've got plenty of reading to do, but I think I'll throw in one more: Seth Speaks.

Okay, done.
    Know Thyself

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSail View Post
    I think you've got plenty of reading to do, but I think I'll throw in one more: Seth Speaks.

Okay, done.
    Hahaha, yep. Essential reading. And none too small either...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Thank you all so much for sharing the information with me (and everyone else). It'll take some time to digest this so I'll get right on it this evening!

Regards //Linus

Blog Entries

To extend this perhaps i can ask you what you yourself think we will do when we die. So, what do you think?

Regards //Linus

Blog Entries

I think referring to "the" afterlife is like referring to "the" life. Lives can be vastly different, so much so that the experience of, say, living as a Kalahari bushman is so different from the life of, say, an eighteen century Austrian princess, that they're almost beyond comparison. I have no reason to think that our afterlives (if there is such a thing) are going to be all the same any more than our lives have been all the same.

Certainly, there are people who have had experiences, visions, OOBs, etc., and they interpret their experiences as "an afterlife" and that's fine. I don't dispute that people have these experiences, certainly. But are these things universal? They don't appear to be so, any more than the experience of material "life" is universal. We share only very basic things, and the rest is extremely variable.

But, if you take the "time and space" constraints out of the picture, it's all actually simultaneous rather than linear, so the idea of "afterlife" might be entirely moot....
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast