Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: (Help) Pressure in Forehead/Chest/Teeth

Exclamation (Help) Pressure in Forehead/Chest/Teeth

Hi everyone...

I have some questions. I've been trying OBE for almost 9 years and I've many experiences. But there are things that I can't understand. And I need answers.

First of all; I feel pressure in my forehead when I concentrate. It takes only 5-10 seconds to reach that point. After 20-30 seconds, I feel a pressure in my teeth. And after 2-3 minutes, a pressure on my chest. I can't find the reason of this pressure. I don't know what am I going to do whit it either? Should I see a doctor? If your answer is "No" then let me finish. Because it gets worse.

Half an hour later, the pressure gets so tense that makes me believe my skull and my teeth are going to blow up. Or like someone sitting on my chest.

After 2-3 hours later, when I almost lost my consciousness, I feel like an intense energy is trying to get out of my body through my mouth. A pure white energy. I see things, hear things but I'm not able to open my eyes or move my body.

At this point I feel like I'm flying (it freaks me out because I can't tell if I'm really flying or not). But unfortunately this energy couldn't get out completely. It stucks in my throat.

So, any idea?

Blog Entries

Re: (Help) Pressure in Forehead/Chest/Teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemerid View Post
    Hi everyone...
    Hi Ephemerid. I will try to answer some of your questions.

I have some questions. I've been trying OBE for almost 9 years and I've many experiences. But there are things that I can't understand. And I need answers.

First of all; I feel pressure in my forehead when I concentrate. It takes only 5-10 seconds to reach that point. After 20-30 seconds, I feel a pressure in my teeth. And after 2-3 minutes, a pressure on my chest. I can't find the reason of this pressure. I don't know what am I going to do whit it either? Should I see a doctor? If your answer is "No" then let me finish. Because it gets worse.
    I would ask you a few questions- first of all, does this happen when you are going to sleep? For example, say you are not really trying to meditate or project, and you lay down. If you try to stay aware as you relax, do these things happen?
    The second question is, what position are you in when you do this?
    And finally, what process do you to do meditate? Are you doing specific breathing exercises, energy work, or are you simply staring into the void with your eyes closed?
    The answer to these may help with following the pressure you are feeling.

After 2-3 hours later, when I almost lost my consciousness, I feel like an intense energy is trying to get out of my body through my mouth. A pure white energy. I see things, hear things but I'm not able to open my eyes or move my body.
    Three hours is a long time! At this point you are usually in deep trance and paralyzed, which is normal. The things you see (and hear) are hypnagogics, a normal process in the transition to nonphysical. Here is a thread that may give you more information about transitional sensations.

At this point I feel like I'm flying (it freaks me out because I can't tell if I'm really flying or not). But unfortunately this energy couldn't get out completely. It stucks in my throat.

So, any idea?
    Yes, most of your symptoms are normal. Even the pressure may be muscle tension, your chakras activating, energy blocks or awareness of this, but any discomfort in your heart area (like palpitations) should be checked by a doctor, you should not be in pain.
    Other than that, a change of position and possibly energy work may help with some of those sensations.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

The forehead pressure is something very common. Every time I visualize something in my head (even when I'm out of inner work) I feel the pressure. I've tried to get to the brink of something, but I've been unable to go farther (maybe some strobe?).

There's another interesting thing I suffered from. When I was trying to relax (as when phasing), I had some sorts of microtensions in my muscles, specially the neck area, and it was nearly impossible to get to anywhere. The trick was not to focus on my muscles, but on the darkness in front of my eyes (I was taught about that right in this forum), and it worked.

Blog Entries

Would you describe yourself as a tense, possibly anxious person? Do you spend a lot of time sitting for work or study and bent over books or a computer? It may be you are just extremely tense and need to stretch, unwind and possibly supplement your diet.

What is your skeletal structure like? Do you have spinal problems like scoliosis? Have you had braces on your teeth in the past or do you have a misaligned jaw? Do you use orthopodic inserts in your shoes? A little problem in one place often leads to tension elsewhere. You may well benefit from a visit to a bodyworker and some yoga or therapeutic pilates.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Just throwing in 2 cents here, I have felt some kind of pressure in my mouth/nose area twice (on two different nights, two different lucid dreams) when employing an exit-technique from within a lucid dream in which I thought, "hey, I'm dreaming, I'll do an exit right now."
    I deeply and truly respect beliefs and believers. Still... I want to know.

Thank you all for your answers.

Dear CFTraveler.
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I would ask you a few questions- first of all, does this happen when you are going to sleep? For example, say you are not really trying to meditate or project, and you lay down. If you try to stay aware as you relax, do these things happen?
    Thought of meditating triggers the pressure. Usually I go bed an hour early to meditate, it happens then mostly. On the other hand, it happens whenever I want. Sometimes it happens by itself but just calming myself makes the pressure go away. I think it's not something out of my control. (By the way, the pressure in the chest doesn't happen in daily life, just happens when I go to sleep).

The second question is, what position are you in when you do this?
    It happens in any position. Surely, it is more tense when I'm lying down.

And finally, what process do you to do meditate? Are you doing specific breathing exercises, energy work, or are you simply staring into the void with your eyes closed?
    I'm just trying to control my energy.
    If you want to hear my story, let me summarize.
    First time it happened when I was trying to see the auras. Back then, it was hard to feel that pressure and for that I have to mediate for a long time. I was doing all of those exercises; Breathing exercises, autohypnosis, staring objects and trying to see their energies (funny, they never move (: ). But now, I don't have to do any of this exercises to feel that pressure in my forehead and in my teeth. It can happen even if I'm running.

Blog Entries

If you are feeling heart area pressure when you are running, please get that checked out by a doctor- if you're cleared in that dept, then I think everyone else gave you excellent advice.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Thank your for your answer Beekeeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    Would you describe yourself as a tense, possibly anxious person? Do you spend a lot of time sitting for work or study and bent over books or a computer? It may be you are just extremely tense and need to stretch, unwind and possibly supplement your diet.
    Yes, I may say I'm a little bit anxious person and yes I spend a lot of time sitting in front of a computer or to reading books.

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    What is your skeletal structure like? Do you have spinal problems like scoliosis? Have you had braces on your teeth in the past or do you have a misaligned jaw? Do you use orthopodic inserts in your shoes?
    I may have spinal problems. I haven't checked yet. The answers of your other questions is no. Would you mind if I ask you how these things related with the pressure?

If you are feeling heart area pressure when you are running, please get that checked out by a doctor- if you're cleared in that dept, then I think everyone else gave you excellent advice.
    I'm sorry if I haven't explain myself clearly. English is not my native language.
    I'm feeling the pressure in my heart area only when I'm in deep sessions. I can feel the pressure only in my forehead when I'm running.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast