Thread: How to induce sleep paralysis (found a technique on the net).

Blog Entries

How to induce sleep paralysis (found a technique on the net).

I found this post (Link 1) about how to trick your body into sleep paralysis while 'googling' around.
    It seems that people are having success with it. To me, after reading this, it feels like I'v been thinking and moving to much when trying to enter a trance state. What the author of the posts says is to just be still enough so that the body will think you'r asleep. Found another thread (Link 2) similar to the first one that describes the same process to enter into a WILD or OBE.

My main question is if this method works to induce sleep paralysis and to induce trance states and WILD's/OBE's, why bother with the mind taming? Why NOT have thoughtwords if this works? I'm sure there are reasons but I'm still asking because I feel that 'mind awake- body asleep' is the main barrier for me to pass right now, and to exclude the fact that I must have a perfectly silent mind would make things easier.

Another question is if someone have experience with this?
    What is your state of mind prior to sleep paralysis?
    And/Or do you have a silent mind before sleep paralysis?

Link1. http://www.dreamviews.com/f79/mind-awake-body-asleep-sleep-paralysis-induction-tutorial-42271/

L
    ink 2. http://www.lucidipedia.com/forum.php...iewtopic&t=236

Blog Entries

Re: How to induce sleep paralysis (found a technique on the net).

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    I found this post (Link 1) about how to trick your body into sleep paralysis while 'googling' around.
    It seems that people are having success with it.
    Ooh, where to start.
    First of all, did you try it and have success? I did, years ago, when it was posted on Saltcube (it was one of the techs listed) and it didn't work for me. The reason is, that after twenty minutes I didn't get paralysis, and the second reason is that I don't know too many people (except gurus or super-masters) that can just lay there and keep their mind empty, for twenty to forty minutes.

What usually happens to me is that I start thinking of stuff and fall asleep. What I've seen others comment is that they get bored and cranky, and also get muscle cramps from not moving.
    But 'just laying there' is the technique for phasing (or just meditation), and if it works for you then kudos.

To me, after reading this, it feels like I'v been thinking and moving to much when trying to enter a trance state.
    That is what happens most of the time people just try to 'lie still with no thoughts'. That's why we come up with breathing exercises, relaxing exercises and trance visualizations- to keep your mind awake without going on 'monkey mind' type of chatter.

My main question is if this method works to induce sleep paralysis and to induce trance states and WILD's/OBE's, why bother with the mind taming?
    Mind taming is not a projection technique, it's a teaching tool used to get you used to being aware of what you're thinking. It's used in the training steps in MAP (as one of the techs used amongst others) and you leave it when you're done with it, and use it when you deem it necessary. Like I've said in other posts, you don't have to master it, (and it's very hard) just do your time and move on to the next thing.

Why NOT have thoughtwords if this works?
    I'm not sure what this means, so I'll interpret- it's perfectly fine to have thoughts while meditating or doing a projection method, but when it comes to the part when you're 'almost ready', if you're on a cool fantasy you may miss the exit cues or change in mindstate that you get when you're ready to project, or the fantasy turns into dreams and you fall asleep.

Another problem with this method is that it puts your mind on your body (Am I paralyzed yet? Am I feeling heavy? Is this paralysis? I think I'm numb) - and even though body awareness is perfectly fine at the beginning of a projection attempt, at some point you have to stop thinking about your body and pay attention to your mind, because that's what you're trying to move, and awareness of your body is a good way to keep you grounded.

All projection techniques-all of them- focus on keeping your mind awake while your body goes to sleep, and those in MAP are no different; however, MAP focuses on training you on how to do this in many possible ways, and a good part of a sequence is designed to keep you aware while your body falls asleep- we call this trance or waking paralysis, because sleep paralysis is another animal altogether.

to exclude the fact that I must have a perfectly silent mind would make things easier.
    You don't have to have a 'perfectly silent mind' to project, but you have to have the ability to control it so that it doesn't suck you into dreamland when you're trying to stay aware.

What is your state of mind prior to sleep paralysis?
    My state of mind prior to trance paralysis or waking paralysis is 'full awareness' and 'seeing through my eyelids' or 'seeing things' while perfectly lucid and aware.

Sleep paralysis is the state in which you have been sleeping, wake up before your body does, and experience hallucinations that are often terrifying. You are usually not lucid, can't move, and panic trying to break it. This is not an optimal state for projecting, and although it can be done, you usually wake up after the exit.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Sleep paralysis is the state in which you have been sleeping, wake up before your body does, and experience hallucinations that are often terrifying. You are usually not lucid, can't move, and panic trying to break it. This is not an optimal state for projecting, and although it can be done, you usually wake up after the exit.
    C'mon CFT, you don't like the feeling of deep-bone dental work going on throughout your body while you're being smothered and can't escape? What's not to love?

Okay but on a more serious note, here's another problem with projections from sleep paralysis: the body you get "out" with is, as I understand it, an ethereal form, not an astral form. I'm no guru here, but I know that on my first projection, which came about through a massive sleep paralysis episode, had a strange mass to it, hard to describe. I was light, yes, and moved with thought, but I had a very odd sense of mass that I don't think would've been there in a conscious projection.

Again, my two cents...

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

I kind of disagree- most sleep projections are astral, the problem is that you can be astral and nonlucid, which makes the experience weirder than it has to.... in my experience though I've had SP with my etheric body, and it was even worse, because of the mixture of astral imagery and etheric 'texture'.... anyway.

Most people use their etheric bodies first (RTZ) and when they get 'good' at it, progress to their astral bodies, with very few exceptions- however, once they start having 'astral' astral projections they find they can't seem to get etheric projections any more.... it happened to me before I realized what was going on, and caused some level of frustration when I wanted to wander about my neighborhood and instead ended up in some fairy realm. Which is ironic, because most people prefer the fairy realm, in my experience.

Blog Entries

I cant begin to describe how valuable your answers are to me. This is diamond for me! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer this properly. Especially:

You don't have to have a 'perfectly silent mind' to project, but you have to have the ability to control it so that it doesn't suck you into dreamland when you're trying to stay aware.
    .. from CFT.

I have actually had my mind set on having a perfectly still mind, as I thought that was the only way. I have understood it all wrong. And when I happen to think something during meditation or some other practice, a thought pops up that says 'oh darn.. another thought'. I kind of figured there was something not right in that approach and now I got it. Thanks.
    Perhaps constant affirmations helps with staying focused, for example: 1.. Mind awake - body asleep, 2.. Mind awake - body asleep etc?

Why NOT have thoughtwords if this works?
    What I meanth was that why try and have a clear mind if I can AP without it. But your answer was super anyway so.

One other thing I have gotten wrong then is that when inducing trancestates and AP from there as in MAP, you always go into a sleep paralysis and then AP. Your saying that I AP from the trancestate directly then? If so, why have I missinterpreted it so wrong. Hmm.

Regards
    Linus

Blog Entries

You do become paralyzed when you reach deep trance, but this is not 'sleep paralysis'. You naturally dissociate your body from your mind when you are at the optimal state to project, and this is desirable, but if you are looking for the 'sensation' of paralysis this will cause you to focus on your body instead of your mind.

Yes, it is possible to project without being paralyzed, but it is very difficult.

What I was trying to say is that trance leads into paralysis, but it's not the same state as sleep paralysis- they are two different states.
    Many people call trance paralysis 'sleep paralysis' and this leads to many problems, since both states are different.

I am reading this immensely interesting thread and I first want to totally second my countryman's praise and thanks to you CFT: your knowledge and generosity (in sharing it) are both immense, I think it is so beautiful to see real support giving hope to me and others.

I was also very helped to read that it is not necessary to *totally* master mind taming, even though I've had that hope, I think I'll progress a bit faster with that knowledge. Not that I need speed in itself, it's just that I guess that lingering on too long might not be good.

Best regards to all of you
    Johnny
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 9th June 2012 at 03:33 PM.
    I deeply and truly respect beliefs and believers. Still... I want to know.

Blog Entries

I actually began MAP yesterday again (second time) and I have to say that there is a huge difference in how good I can focus on my breath in the first exercises from before. And that makes me happy offcource.
    So even if I cant master the mind taming I get better at it.

What I was trying to say is that trance leads into paralysis, but it's not the same state as sleep paralysis- they are two different states.
    I really diod'nt know this. Totally new information for me. Either I have read it wrong or missunderstood something or missinterpreted different texts. Very nice to read this.

But as you say, I should'nt focus on the sensations in my body but instead on my mind.

I should'nt focus on the sensations in my body but instead on my mind.
    The way I would put it is that it's a different kind of focus - it's more like "transparency" of mind rather than "burning a hole" with your attention. If you focus too much, you won't fall deeper into trance and end up not being able to fall asleep at all.