Thread: After 11 months of trying to attain conscious OBE...

After 11 months of trying to attain conscious OBE...

...I have never experienced sleep paralysis. I don't think, anyway... Anyone else? Just curious.

2. Re: After 11 months of trying to attain conscious OBE...

I experience it mostly, when i want.

If you dont experience it, is something wrong. We should check your Method and how your Attempt runs.

Tell me:

-which method you use?
    -do you use breathing techniques?
    -do you react on itching, swallowing reflex or any other things during your attempt?
    -do you feel vibration or other stuff?
    -do you feel or control the feeling of your body constantly?
    -do you watch with your eyes, what happens, or do you observe hypnagogigs?
    -tell me now exactly how an usual attempt to get an OBE runs, and when and why you abort or end it.

Blog Entries

Re: After 11 months of trying to attain conscious OBE...

Quote Originally Posted by lamommy78 View Post
    ...I have never experienced sleep paralysis. I don't think, anyway... Anyone else? Just curious.
    The question is, have you been able to project consciously? This is the important thing.
    You shouldn't 'expect to feel paralyzed', you should expect to become disengaged with your body, as if it weren't there- a lack of sensation, not a 'specific' sensation.
    When people start expecting a 'sensation', they focus on the body, which is not desirable.
    I personally used to get paralyzed when projecting, but as soon as I started bilocating I stopped getting paralyzed, because my projection reflex now starts before my body has gone to sleep. So I project while mobile, and it's not as easy or straightforward.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I bought MAP last spring and have never felt that either. However, as CFT writes, I have experienced to be disengaged from my body many times. It happens every time I meditate or do some trance work.
    Personally I only got to week 3 before I quit MAP the last time. I am qurently on week 3 again and will do the whole book this time.

Have you followed MAP thoroughly or did you cut off as I did and do something else?

My point is that if you, like me, don't finish the book then perhaps your chances to AP is slimmer.
    That is'nt necessarily a bad thing though. During the past year I'v explored many things around it like Hemisync and Binaural sounds and meditating in general. It have let me come down to earth a bit and gotten me alot of new perspectives.
    I'd love to AP but I think the road to the first adventure outside of the body is more important.

For me, I know that the intention of actually AP:ing was lacking as I was'nt in a hurry to do it, as was the knowledge of knowing how to reach it.
    Those are the reasons I have'nt AP yet and perhaps it's the same for you?

In time you will get there, and so will I and everyone else persuing it with true intention.

I have projected, but it was only after I "blanked out" or immediately upon awakening from a dream. I don't consider any of them conscious projections where I was actually trying, but rather they just happened, I was awake, and went with it. I have MAP, but have little patience for the exercises, so I skip around. Maybe one of these days i will do it as it was intended. I just thought it was strange that I have experienced so many common symtoms of obe-- vibrations, etc.-- but never paralysis.

...I have never experienced sleep paralysis.
    Well, you do experience sleep paralysis every night, when you fall asleep. Don't try OOBE at night - it won't work, unless you're an experienced master. Try an afternoon "nap," when you feel a bit sleepy. Or try around 4am