Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: oh, so close...but no OBE cigar!

1. Re: oh, so close...but no OBE cigar!

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    You can have an OBE without being paralyzed, but it's not easy- it requires a lot of experience and awareness. Luckily it's not necessary if you have 'traditional' exit symptoms when very deeply tranced- it becomes tricky when you start having things like double input (aka bilocation) and symptoms very early in the trance, before paralysis.
    I projected the traditional way (after paralysis set in) for many years, and it was only a few years ago, after I stopped having vibrations or voices in the 'right' time- I found that I was 'ready' while still being able to move, which made an exit technique difficult- I had to focus on the technique very intensely while keeping my body completely still- very difficult but doable.
    Fascinating.

Blog Entries

Re: oh, so close...but no OBE cigar!

The problem with the Wiki article it's not that it isn't accurate- it's that most articles of the sort describe paralysis either as a symptom of something, and as one overall phenomenon, when there are actually two different stages in the sleep cycle when paralysis happens, and only one is optimal for an OBE exit. That's why I like to differentiate between the two.
    When you go into trance deliberately, you are most likely to project in alpha to theta, when you are completely lucid and clear, and will have a successful projection that you can recall and record. This theta state can have paralysis associated with it but not always- only in deep trance.
    However, what most people call sleep paralysis (waking up paralyzed, sometimes with unpleasant symptoms) happens on the REM cycle, not theta, where there is no lucidity. So they both are episodes of paralysis, but they happen on different parts of the sleeping cycle. Sleep paralysis often is accompanied by hypnopompia (naturally, since you're in REM) which can cause panic and loss of control. If you can get lucid and can pursue projection more than likely it'll not last long and will be traumatic and end abruptly.It can be done and I've done it, but I prefer to break the paralysis, get my wits back and then project from a 'going in' phase of the cycle.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

3. Re: oh, so close...but no OBE cigar!

There is something I'm not doing to allow a successful exit...I'm definitely getting into a trance state...I can feel it...I can feel a disconnectedness/separation of the two selves, physical and astral, but I can't quite lift out of physical body when I grab the ROPE! Its frustrating, but not enough to make me walk away...I'm way too close to my controlled concious OBE to give up! I either have to focus more on getting deeper in trance state and yanking more diligently on The Rope, or get deeper in trance state and let not focus and let the cosmic dice roll! There seem to be as many different detailed methods on this as there are members who do it...my task is to keep re-writing my own personal how-to script until I work out what works for me...
    Harry
    "If you're ever shipwrecked on a tropical island and you don't know how to speak the natives' language, just say "Poppy-oomy." I bet it means something."

Greetings Harry
    For most people that first OBE is the Hardest to achieve. In fact, Many people get so frustrated that they quit after a few or months. So try to stay positive and keep at it!
    Also, maybe try another exit method. Probably the most popular is the "Roll out" method. This is what I did to get that first OBE. A mental exercise, keep thinking of rolling the astral/ethereal body out of and away from the physical body.
    Keep trying anything and everything until that special something works!

Good Luck
    Grey

5. Re: oh, so close...but no OBE cigar!

GT...thanks for the encouragement! I definitely won't be giving up. I've "played" with the roll-out during energy-loosening excercises once in trance...tried the expanding/contracting energy bubble, sending energy balls through chakras, and have tried just sitting up...so far, no exit, but its there...I know I'm close, its just a matter of mental reference and readiness.

Blog Entries

You'll get there.

Blog Entries

Yup, eventually you will smoke your OBE-cigar. Perhaps even smoe a cigar during OBE

8. Re: oh, so close...but no OBE cigar!

LOL...yes, Sirius...I'm looking forward to getting that cigar!

9. Re: oh, so close...but no OBE cigar!

to date...some prgress overall, but still no definitive exit.
    Energy raising 2-3 times a day, and getting to trance state taking a lot less time.
    For the last 2 weeks, for a couple of hours a time, I feel like there is the eraser end of a pencil pressing into my forehead just above my eyebrow line, and occasionally I will feel a mild but noticeable pressure on my tail bone at the base of my spine. Assuming I'm having chakra energizing because of energy work?
    Still no exits...I think! A couple of times, I pulled on ROPE and felt like I was out, but couldn't SEE anything...that didn't faze me, as I remeber reading several Projectors commenting on how sometimes it takes a while for astral vision to clear. I realized while in this (pseudo?) exit was that I was aware of my breathing, and immediately became aware of the rest of my body physical. Was this a split-mind thing? I recall RB and others commenting on having awareness of 2 different vision perspectives...physical eyes and astral vision simultaneously. I'm wondering if I was actually out for those weird 5 seconds, and brought myself back after pndering on why I could feel myself breathing or what?
    Anyway...closer...but still no OBE cigar!
    Harry
    "The difference between a man and a boy is, a boy wants to grow up to be a fireman, but a man wants to grow up to be a giant monster fireman."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Shirton View Post
    to date...some prgress overall, but still no definitive exit.
    Energy raising 2-3 times a day, and getting to trance state taking a lot less time.
    For the last 2 weeks, for a couple of hours a time, I feel like there is the eraser end of a pencil pressing into my forehead just above my eyebrow line, and occasionally I will feel a mild but noticeable pressure on my tail bone at the base of my spine. Assuming I'm having chakra energizing because of energy work?
    Yes. The brow thing is fairly common because of energy work and awareness, and you may also get 'cobweb' sensations on your brow along with the pressure (and sometimes fast throbbing). This is to be expected.

Still no exits...I think! A couple of times, I pulled on ROPE and felt like I was out, but couldn't SEE anything...that didn't faze me, as I remeber reading several Projectors commenting on how sometimes it takes a while for astral vision to clear. I realized while in this (pseudo?) exit was that I was aware of my breathing, and immediately became aware of the rest of my body physical. Was this a split-mind thing?
    Yes. Because the rope method is such an 'aggressive' method, sometimes it gets you out but so close to your physical body that you need to get away ASAP or keep pulling until you get launched out.
    When this happens, don't try to 'see'- just imagine you are radar and you are trying to feel the room around you- get close to a wall and then feel your way away from your body, and when you get far enough vision will come naturally (or a reassembly of your etheric senses) and you don't have to 'do' anything to 'see', just getting away is sufficient.

I recall RB and others commenting on having awareness of 2 different vision perspectives...physical eyes and astral vision simultaneously. I'm wondering if I was actually out for those weird 5 seconds, and brought myself back after pndering on why I could feel myself breathing or what?
    Yep. This is not so rare.

Anyway...closer...but still no OBE cigar!
    Harry
    I'd say you had a short partial exit and rebounded your way in. But I think next time it'll happen, because you got close enough to get an idea of how it feels.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast