Thread: Cannot remember

Question Cannot remember

Hi,

Does anyone have advice on how to remember your dreams? I'm on the third week of MAP and the farther I go, the more difficult it is to remember my dreams. Is that normal?

Thanks!

Eva

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Re: Cannot remember

Hey Eva,

Are keeping a dream journal? If not, start. Even if you remember nothing. Go through the motions of getting one and putting it by your bed. Set your intent before falling asleep that you WILL remember at least a bit of a dream. This usually signals our higher-self that we're serious and interesting things happen. Read books about lucid dreaming just before sleep. Eat some cheese before you sleep (weird, but works for me).

There are many ways to heighten dreams so you can remember them, but I suggest you take the natural, organic route first. Let them come naturally by using affirmations and other actions in your waking state.

Now, if you get nothing after a week or two, it's time to evaluate things:

1. Are you on any medications that shut down the dream cycle? If you take any meds, look them up on Google with the term, "REM suppressing" appended to the medication's name. You'll be surprised. I have to take one med that just shuts the whole dream thing down, so I often use supplements to remember my dreams since going off this med is a no no for now.

2. Supplements. There's a whole world of safe, natural ways to enhance dreams. Galantamine, B6, Choline...the list goes on. Now most of these won't do much if you just take them and drop off to bed. You need to set your alarm for 3 or 4 a.m. (after 4 hours of sleep). Wake up and take them then. Once you go back to bed...you're going to remember something, trust me.

3. If none of the above works, shoot me a PM. There are other methods that will blast you into dream zone, all safe and sanctioned, but I prefer to not list them here.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tefs View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone have advice on how to remember your dreams? I'm on the third week of MAP and the farther I go, the more difficult it is to remember my dreams. Is that normal?

Thanks!

Eva
    The long and the short of it is that it is normal. Just about where you are I began to become exhausted and had to take some time off. I took about a week off and then came back and projected on week 4.
    MAP gives you resources for dream memory, such as recording keywords and turning them into a dream diary. It also comes with affirmation to say, and if you get into the other things it comes with, it also has affirmations for recall.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Try to recall your dreams while still being in bed, having your eyes closed. It takes practice (frustration doesn't help) and relaxation. And of course, writing your memories down is very important, even if it's just a sentence at first.