If you have twitches and other symptoms during full waking consciousness then I wouldn't think of trance primarily. One of the side effects of deepening trance or meditative states is heightened energy circulation. Some phenomena are simply side effects of this heightened energy flow.

Your nerves are essentially the carriers of this energy. If your energy circuits contain blocks, you will experience twitches and spasms on heightened energy flow. But the process does not simply stop when you stop practicing. Imagine it like turning a wheel. When you stop pushing the wheel still turns some. If there's lack of lubrication the wheel will squeak while it turns.

Similarly, energy rushes through your energetic circuits, during energy work, meditation and trance practice. The heightened activity doesn't simply stop when you stop. Also, when you unclog an energy circuit during your energy work, depending on location, how blocked it was and other factors, your energy system will rebalance. Areas formerly in poor energy supply will become alive, produce sensations, twitches and spasms. If this is painful, or if you feel other negative side effects, including unusual emotional ups and downs not triggered by anything else, stop practicing for a while and do grounding activities. In such cases a week of pausing might be advisable.

Similarly, one might become ungrounded or unfocussed. I remember years ago somebody reported experiencing trance and exit phenomena while wide awake, feeling like falling out of her body. This can be very disorienting and requires grounding, a break from practice and keeping a good sleep, quite possibly also a change of practice habits.

If these phenomena have to do with your practice, the following scenarios can develop: The effects subside over time. This is the case when your energy system just needed a good flush. If you're unhealthy or especially tense, these effects might persist. Some of my energy blocks needed quite some time to resolve, but I was unusually tense and still am in some regards.

The rule of thumb in energy work is never to overwork the body. Heightened energy flow is a good thing, but the nerves and energy circuits need time to adapt. Feelings of discomfort should be respected, and especially in the beginning short practice times are more beneficial than long ones. Symptoms of ungroundedness outside of practice should be recognised and countered by pausing the practice routine.

Take care