Thread: Any legitimacy to holding breath (yoga technique)?

Question Any legitimacy to holding breath (yoga technique)?

Any effect of holding the breath (a yoga technique) on the sushumna?

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

Re: Any legitimacy to holding breath (yoga technique)?

I've noticed strong effects holding at several given locations.

I usually do a pranic breathing technique where I move my awareness up my chakras, going one by one with each inhale and then holding for a three count (or more) on each chakra. Then I'll breath through the chakra before moving on up to the next with a longer inhale.

Holding to an eight count can induce trance states faster for me, but I usually save those for the higher chakras once I've established the lower.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

I love pranayama. Oxygen is a very interesting elements. Did you know that breathing is actually a form of cellular combustion!? When you increase your energy body very strongly, you will unmistakeably feel Ida, pingala, and shushumna in my expereince. When you reach that stage you will feel/ be aware of the energy very strongly. I've been able to achieve it a few times, usually after meditating (trance) for very long periods of time. I find its best to do in nature where there is more energy. Recently in the past couple months I have achieved it a few times. The first time I meditated in trance lying flat on my back for about 16 hours straight for example. It doesn't have to take this long though and it varies from person to person. Mainly you want to be as aware as possible. It is said full enlightenment can be attained through practice of breathing alone and I would tend to believe that however there are many types of prana/energy and the breath of life is only one of those. If you feel the numb tingling sensations you will know what I am writing about. Everything eventually comes down to awareness though and anything you can do at all to increase your awareness will be very good and help you reach higher spiritual truthP.s. one thing that really helps me maintain my awareness when in trance is to be very slightly cold... just below my comfort level. Try this it works its really helpful when you are in deep trance as sometimes your mind wants. To fall asleep this will keep you aware and awake and the colder that you can stand in my experience the more aware you become generally speaking (it can't be too cold or too hot, you have to find your "goldilock's zone")
    consistent lies is paradoxically a source of truth hubris is the true enemy it lied about me ( devil) & pretends to be me and God

Sex is fun lies are sin tantra is observing orgasm in meditative trance state Saccral chakra rox

GOD is the great ancient Creator spirit and i am a spirit made in Gods image I have everything I need to succeed & more & am actually moving through life at my own pace until I realize complete oneness with the great Spirit of Truth & achieve full enlightenment

Blog Entries

When I do Kundalini Yoga, holding the breath and contracting the muscles at the base of the spine are used, to increase the pressure (thus enhancing energy in that area) for the purpose of 'collecting' it there and then sending it upwards to the crown, at another step.
    When I do this, I have experienced (already twice) what I call the sensation of 'my head being on fire' which bewildered me the first time I experienced it, but has become a pleasant sensation the other times it has happened.
    So, yes, I do think it's a valid practice, if you're healthy and have no heart problems.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.