Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diet that supports OOBE/AP

Re: Diet that supports OOBE/AP

A possible lack of Vitamin B12 is an issue always mentioned. It can cause anemia, but only in the long run. As with every nutritional strategy or diet you can 'do it wrong' and this does not exclude a vegetarian or vegan diet.
    To be save, you might use some VB12-supplements here, although it should be said that generally in your liver you have a high storage amount that may last for years before you get negative effects. Also, make sure you eat lots of different fruits, veggies during the day in order to maintain essential nutritional diversity. Also, many starting vegetarians make the mistake to eat too many dairy products then as a replacement. This is not recommendable at all.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Yes, a vitamin B12 supplement is a good idea. Dark leafy greens like kale and spinach are recommended as well. I'm actually going to update my original post with this information...

This blog has good tips:

http://www.meatlessmama.com/2009/09/tips.html

My dear wife and I have been vegan for over a year, and vegetarian before that. This was a personal, ethical decision based upon our belief in avoiding the killing of sentient animals - althought CFT is correct that plants have been shown to have an elementary form of awareness (I can' t remember the research, either!).

BW is correct about taking care in changing diets. From day one, we ensured that we had adequate B12 (via Marmite!) and iron (via correct vegetables). We get plenty of protein from soya; my wife makes soya yogurt in a yogurt maker. We buy organic soya with vegetable calcium (from seaweed). We are also fortunate here in France to have a very large garden where we can grow our own fruit and vegetables.

Does that make one more "spiritual"? A good question. As CFT says, it is up to each person to find his/her answer to that. All I can say is that we have never been healthier, our cholesterol levels have dropped dramatically and we feel our consciences are clearer. This has helped me personally with projection. But as I said, each person must seek her/his own way, perhaps with guidance from HS.

Blog Entries

So you're saying If I drink coffee in the middle of my energy work sessions or meditation sessions to achieve OOBE's, then it can hinder and block my progress/attempts at doing so?

Blog Entries

I assume you're addressing dreaming90, the originator of this thread, but as I was also participating in the thread, and I have some thoughts on caffeine, I'm going to chime in.

I don't personally find caffeine to be especially problematic for energy work, but meditation does require a level of concentration and stillness, and caffeine can make some people (myself included) anxious and restless, so if you're not very good at taming your chattering mind, it can be problematic. Note that caffeine is not only in coffee, but also in most teas (including green tea, though it's less in green tea than in black tea), a number of carbonated drinks (Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc.), and chocolate.

Doing energy work actually made me much more sensitive to caffeine. I really have to limit my exposure to it now. If I have too much, I get all kinds of unpleasant reactions (heart palpitations, anxiety attacks, headaches, etc.) I do still consume caffeine, but I'm really careful about how much and how frequently, because I have to be.

I don't want to come across as being anti-caffeine, because I'm not, but I am very much in favour of knowing what drug it is you're taking, and what effect it's likely to have on you, physically as well as metaphysically. Caffeine is strong central nervous system stimulant, and a much stronger drug than most people realise, and it's worth paying attention to how much you consume and how often.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Got it, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2