Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spiritual Guides / Angels - are those made up?

1. Spiritual Guides / Angels - are those made up?

Hi all,

I'm not implying all angels / guides are made up, but sometimes it seems that people do make those up to feel more secure. I believe I myself did make myself believe that I was contacting my guide in dreams, but now I doubt it was true - it was a difficult period of my life when I felt lonely and I really needed to feel some sort of support.

Any thoughts?

Blog Entries

Re: Spiritual Guides / Angels - are those made up?

It depends on your worldview. If you believe that everything is God, then the distinction really doesn't matter.
    Some guides seem to be self aspects. This of course, doesn't mean they are psychological creations, but I'm sure some are.
    However, if you look at some accounts of events that people report, then it makes you wonder what we are capable of.
    When it comes to reports like these, discernment is important. I'm not too credulous nor am I skeptical, because I've witnessed many wonders personally to know that miracles do happen.
    I think what you call them (miracles, angels, avatars, amazing feats, etc.) depends on your cultural context.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

In Robert Monroes book Ultimate Journey he writes about times where he meets or watches angels/guides that he later recognizes as himself from the future, helping himself in a past life or in this life. Even though he didn't se this entity as an angel, one with a different worldview might have. Its possible that self aspects might be interpreted as angels if that's what they look like to the observer but that to boils down to what kind of worldview we have. On another hand we probably can manifest entities with our mind, looking like we imagine they would look etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    If you believe that everything is God, then the distinction really doesn't matter.
    Indeed. In my worldview, everything is "made up" and illusory, including myself.

I was watching the Martin Scorsese documentary of George Harrison, and in it, George was answering a question (in the late sixties) about whether he believed in God. He said something like, well, it depends how you define God. I got past the "man in the sky" idea ages ago, but then I came to realise that God is that, too, and everything else.

That's how I feel about angels and spirit guides and, for that matter, god-figures. Basically.... why not? It's all illusion, so what does it matter? Work with it, enjoy it, learn what you can from it, because ultimately, it's all the One.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I would say neither angels nor guides are made up. They exist.

However, what people "see" and how they translate and interpret those experiences is a wholly different matter.

There is no single category of being that is a "guide" or a "helper." I believe they come from every manner of place. Self-aspects, spiritual entities, future selves along your own timeline, and even just entities who lend a hand and then go on their way.

My guide is a future "me." It doesn't make her any less real, or the interaction any less valuable.

AstralCody Guest

@butterfly so do you mean if everything is "made up" and illusory, including myself"

I right now, am creating you?

Not thinking thats crazy to say or anything it's very interesting... I guess it's where you gotta think outside the box ya know...

Blog Entries

I think that all of physical reality could be illusory, but not our soul/self so to speak. It goes hand in hand with the theory that the brain is just like a bridge that lets our consciousness work in the physical dimension. So my guess is that consciousness is not illusory, its not made up by someone else but rather is a part of a bigger whole, and that physical reality is made up by our collective consciousness. Thats where i stand right now.

AstralCody Guest

Sirius do you think when I am in OBE and talking to other entities I am talking to other beings? Or am I simply creating them? I hope I am not creating everything... Is it more of a mix you think? I know in the astral you manifest things like crazy.

Blog Entries

I dont know really, but my gut feeling is that its very hard to tell whats self manifested and whats not. Perhaps some things manifest and some not. Perhaps the soul/self of the beeing you are interacting with is not made up by you, even though you probably could make it up if you wanted to. My guess is that if you want to create something in certain dimensions, you can and if you dont know you created them then its diffucult to tell whats made up and whats not. But if I were out of body and met another entity and communicated with it, then my gut feeling would be that the only thing made up could be the look of the beeing.
    The next time you meet one try and ask some questions to make sure its not made up by you. Experiment with it I'm by no means an expert and I'm only guessing here. After all I have only had one or two experiences that I can draw experience from.