Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FASTING

Re: FASTING

Fasting is good for helping induce OBEs. I haven't tried it myself, but I know that fasting plays some role in nearly every spiritual belief system. Shamans often fasted before vision quests.

Good luck!

Thank you....... I absolutely feel the same way about fasting. If I get through this week with no problems, I'm going to take it day by day after that. My longest was three weeks or actually 25 days.

I meditated during the day today when I got home but did not really try to OBE. Just trying to relax right now. I'm going to start slow from square one and do it right. I don't want to rush it because I want success. Fixing to go to bed and do a little energy work. I need to find my PDF of Robert's book about it. I have it somewhere on my computer. I plan on posting daily whether I have OBE results or not... Tomorrow will be my first complete day fasting.

I am making progress... I reached a pretty deep state of relaxation/trace a bit ago. I could not feel my body at all... I might have felt slight vibrations on and off as well, but I'm not sure because I have never really felt them per se ... Then the cat that I'm babysitting jumped on me and startled me and so i got up to take a break. Fixing to head back to bed while I am still relaxed.

I think one thing that helped me was reading in Astral Dynamics before making my attempt. That way it is the last thing on my mind before laying down. I also think "possibly" a routine might be good this week. I burnt some sage in the room to cleanse it and also had some Nag Champa incense burning before I laid down.

Well, second attempt tonight resulted in sleep. It is 2am. Fixing to try again..... Next time I wake I'll just get up...

I got oup at 6:30........... What i accomplished on NIGHT 1 was obtaining a deep state of relaxation. That in itself felt good. I did feel movement as well. I am using the tree meditation because that was successfull for me in days gone past. I find myself searching for signals and signs which I need to stop. I need to just let myself be a tree. Like I did before. What happens -- just happens. That is the true point of meditation. In my case I do have an ulterior motive -- OBE, but last night I tried to just meditate, slow it down and take it easy. No rushing. I rested really really well last night.

I am heading to the lake right now. we own a little house on the lake and I plan on spending my day painting the walls.

nothing new..... lots of dream activity last night but that's all....... I can't recall but I know I dreamed a lot.. Heading back to paint on the lake house (I was so tired last night that i just fell asleep) ....

I have been up for about an hr. Fixing to go try again. I feel rested and refreshed. It is 4am and naturally still dark. I woke up at 3am and have been reading. ..... Gonna read for a couple more minutes to get in the mode and see what occurs.....

Still no luck in a OBE but still trying. Sensation of movement, vivid dream recall, and noise have been obtained nightly so far. But no OBE.

Ok, have not posted because there was nothing to report. fasting did not help, but I am still trying to OBE. Last night something occurred and so I am posting.

I have never had a lucid dream meaning having a dream that I was aware of being a dream. I have been reading about it and reading about it and reading about it. I found a copy of robert's new book online and have been reading that as well.

I have read that at times when you have a lucid dream and you wake from it, you can sometimes find yourself in the vibrational state.

Well, this morning around 5am, I had a dream. I don't remember the entire dream but I remember I was standing somewhere and I turned around and saw a younger version of my dead father. He has been dead nearly 30 years. As soon as I saw him, I realized in my dream -- that I was dreaming and even said "I am dreaming".. That statement woke me up and I felt a heavy lead like feeling covering my entire head. I lay there and though "oh boy here it comes", and the next thing I knew, it was several hours later.

This may not seem like much to a lot of people but to me , it is very exciting.

I'm fixing to go to bed and I hope ..........you know, I just hope. I am meditating nightly TRYING to get there.

Jenn

Blog Entries

Something I read a long time ago, is that you can break up sleep rhythms in ninety minute intervals, the last few minutes of this is REM sleep, where it is more likely for you to naturally become lucid, so setting up an alarm a bit before your natural wake up time may be helpful in this regard, if you calculate it right. The first cycle is usually two full hours, (Because it takes longer to fall asleep and getting to deep sleep from the first cycle takes longer) so it would be, 2 hrs, 1.5 hrs, 1.5 hrs, 1.5 hrs & 1.5 hrs, ad infinitum (depending on your natural sleep needs).
    For projection, I personally find it easier to wake up around two hours before 'normal wakeup time' (whatever this is for you) and sit on my recliner, and then relax enough to go into a fast trance, which allows me then to try to do whatever my aim is at the time- try an exit, a phase, or just an exercise, depending on what I'm doing.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast