Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Teaching NEW

Teaching NEW

Seems I JUST missed the big wave of your reply's... Hopefully this one will stick around long enough for your next wave!

I have grown fairly confident in the use of NEW and I was wondering wether it would be apropriate for me to teach it to other people in a group setting. I have no interest in asking for money for this, but as I see myself getting into the area of making metaphysical work a possible way for me to be in this world in the not too distant future, I wanted some experience leading this work in a group setting. This would lend itself to eventually leading workshops perhaps in what ever other techniques I would be using or teaching...

I guess this could also apply to anyone else who might want to use this work if they were a yoga instructor etc...

The other related question I had was are you ever planning on making NEW or any of your other work into some sort of certification program that would lead people to eventually teach it? Like some sort of Robert Bruce school?

Thanks for your time!

G'day!

I have no objections to anyone teaching NEW Energy Ways and etc to others, as long as proper accreditation is given, eg, by RB.

I have long considered creating some kind of certificated program, but have not had the time for this. To do all I want to do, I'd need full time staff. I do plan to start a school cum research center in the future, when I have the means and etc.

Until then, here's some thoughts.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, while I am happy with people teaching basic NEW Energy Ways and etc, a certain duty of care is involved beyond that level of work. I would be much more comfortable with this if I could somehow ensure that teachers have the required knowledge, experience and problem solving skills.

To teach energy work and etc is fairly easy, but one comes across a host of problems that require indepth experience to solve. Many of the problems I come across at my workshops I have never encountered before. But, because I have a sound understanding of the 'mechanics' of these things, I usually find good solutions and or give sound advice fairly quickly.

To start with, I could open a new private member forum in this section for teachers, NEW Teachers Forum, where I could deal with questions and advise on problems etc.

It would also help if interested teachers were to attend some workshops and etc with me. If we had enough teacher types interested, we could even organize a teachers seminar. Now that would be a blast.

Now, to teach energy work one must have done extensive energy work. The basics can be taught or learned from my books and tutorials, but to teach it effectively and safely a lot of hands on experience is required. This also applies to higher levels of energy work and its applications.

However, this is all doable.

Online training courses, eg, Moodle, CD's and videos, are also in the works, as is a podcast radio show. These projects will help, and they will also help generate some of the necessary to make the school and research center a reality one day.

The book I am working on now is called Foundations of Energy Work. This will be invaluable for teaching energy work. It should be released in early 07. This covers secondary and primary work, plus many applications, eg, adding intention and elements to energy actions, energy tools for removing blockages, self healing and healing, etc, etc.

*As an exception to the general rule for this forum, please reply to this post here, so I don't lose track. I invite other serious imput and ideas from others here, too.

RB.

I would love to begin to learn to be a teacher of NEW. I've actually done a little bit with a group. Using my computer and reading some of the basics verbatim as we practiced together. Of course, giving full credit to RB and promoting the website. I also introduced it to the director of the spiritual/hypnotherapy school that I went to. She seemed fairly impressed.

My personal feeling is that this is very much the wave of the future. I look at it as a modernized version of many ancient teachings, without all the esoteric baggage you have to wade through with those teachings. The time is ripe for clear cut, informational material that people can get excited about because they understand it. Robert is brilliant at doing this. I give a big thumbs up to the idea.

The God Field

G'day!

With my life's work I have endeavoured, as you have said, to prune away the esoteric mumbo jumbo and religious baggage. I have focused on understanding the energy body, what it is and how it works, and to make everything work better.

But, a funny thing happened to me on my way to the Now. . . .

All this pruning away and exploration of the mechanics of the basics of life, metaphysics and the greater reality has led me steadily closer to the divine. I was not watching were I was going and did not intend this to happen. I just did the work because it is in me to do this. I think if I knew where I was going I would have baulked and gone astray long ago.

Along the way, I started to realize who I am, and in so doing I started to realize who we all are. We are not what we think, none of us. From the highest to the lowest, we are much, much more than we imagine. But the vast majority of us have absolutely no idea of who we are and why we are here. This is in part because its way too simple. People like grand and complex. We hide in the complexity of things. But the truth is ultra simple.

"You are god" God is inside you, above you, below you, behind and before you and beside you and all around you all the time.

At every workshop I ask two profound questions. 1. "Point to where God is?" and "Point to where God is not?" It is of course impossible to point to either. This exercise proves beyond doubt that God is everywhere. It also proves that God is just as much inside of you as anywhere else. This is pure logic.

Further to this. . . imagine the universe is a gigantic diamond with countless points and facets. You are one point on this diamond. This diamond can also be called God, because God is everything and indeed creates everything, so God and the universe are indivisable. And in the same way, you and the universe and God are also indivisible. We are all a part of the whole, of the all, of the great I am.

What we call God is like a frequency of consciousness.... call it "The God Field" if you like. This field permeates everything and is everything. One just has to tune into it and there it is. Its been there all the time, we just did not suspect.

If you realize this and then you look around at everything and everyone else, you cannot help but see that they are also of God. Every person, animal, plant and rock is also a part of God.

And this realization changes everything.

Remember these words next time you pray. If you do nothing else, pray every day. God is not way up there on a cloud somewhere. God is right there inside of you, because God is you.

This is not a simple realization, but it is doable.

RB.

Vic Sage Guest

Re: The God Field

The short response, relevent to the initial purpose of this thread, is that I've found NEW extremely valuable in the course of helping others get in touch with their spiritual nature. It's easy and accessible, and opens the door for greater and greater realizations, of both a personal and a universal nature. Were some sort of teaching retreat held, I'd be very interested in attending -- New York would be best for me, though I could conceivably come to Australia as long as I didn't have to fly on Oceanic Air.

Re: The God Field --

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bruce
    This is in part because its way too simple. People like grand and complex. We hide in the complexity of things. But the truth is ultra simple.

"You are god" God is inside you, above you, below you, behind and before you and beside you and all around you all the time.
    Further to this. . . imagine the universe is a gigantic diamond with countless points and facets. You are one point on this diamond. This diamond can also be called God, because God is everything and indeed creates everything, so God and the universe are indivisable. And in the same way, you and the universe and God are also indivisible. We are all a part of the whole, of the all, of the great I am.

What we call God is like a frequency of consciousness.... call it "The God Field" if you like. This field permeates everything and is everything. One just has to tune into it and there it is. Its been there all the time, we just did not suspect.

If you realize this and then you look around at everything and everyone else, you cannot help but see that they are also of God. Every person, animal, plant and rock is also a part of God.

And this realization changes everything.

Remember these words next time you pray. If you do nothing else, pray every day. God is not way up there on a cloud somewhere. God is right there inside of you, because God is you.

This is not a simple realization, but it is doable.
    This is a gigantic, enormous part of what I share with others.

Recently, I've begun to understand why so many of the people I meet are so resistent to such a concept. That self-protecting ego sense that tells them that even though they're miserable, they're still alive and getting by with the "separate God" worldview they've been handed. So to shift their thinking so radically, they might actually anger that separate God, incurring His disfavor and wrath (in fact, my mother, whom I love very dearly , flips on her passive-aggressive switch each time I bring the terms "the Creator" and "the Universe" into our discussions of God).

Perhaps I should stress less the idea that we are all one with the infinite power of the divine, and more the idea that allowing God to come to the surface is tied directly to expressions of unconditional love of everything and everyone, including service to, and nonjudgment of, all.

However, more specifically, I thank you, Robert, for I think this post clarifies for me something I've been wrestling with for a few weeks now, ever since the heated discussion regarding different paths to God (the Meditation and Sleep thread in the OBE forum).

One side of the discussion supported the following of a path of conscious spiritual development in the upper planes (which I understand to be based in a sort of Hermetic, ritual magick tradition of Alchemy and Transmutation), while the other side of the discussion spoke well of a path centered on the stripping away layer after layer of consciousness (the path on which I have found most of my own experiences, and a path which I understand to be much closer to the philosophies of the Tao).

Of course, there was some agreement on both sides, but it was also very clear that there was much fundamental disagreement -- and admirably so, I should add, as I understand how important it is for one to build their worldview primarily on what they themselves intrinsically know to be true from their own experiences.

Regardless, the crux of the debate was that the two paths are incompatible -- you can either accept the idea that you're a spiritual being meant to evolve, or you can reject it and retreat inside the void. Among my various PMs with the other participants in the thread, someone actually likened life to a video game, and likewise compared the sort of Zen, nothingness meditation of the Taoist approach to "shutting off the video game," or going to the movie theater and staring at a ninety-minute long filmstrip of blackness and silence. One of the more vocal detractors of the Taoist approach explained that, if anything, they saw value only in the mind-taming aspect, and only as sort of a lower rung on the ladder of conscious spiritual development into higher forms of nonphysical beings.

However, my instincts kept gnawing at me, telling me otherwise -- that the path of Knowledge and the path of Wisdom MUST somehow complement each other. I came up with a handful of models and ideas to explain possible interactions, but your post just illustrated beautifully what I've been looking for.

I think that the Hermetic path, the path of Knowledge, can indeed be seen as accessing higher and higher levels of a game -- you experience, you process your experience, you develop, and then you move on, closer and closer to God. I find this approach infinitely fascinating, and it's one of the big reasons I'm here in this community -- I am woefully inexperienced in these realms, and I seek to truly become familiar with my nonphysical bodies; to learn to consciously OBE, find my astral sea legs and begin exploring the endlessly interesting places I've read about (especially in Aunt Clair's posts, i.e. Valhalla, and in selections of your books, i.e. Skull Rock); to commune with and awaken the kundalini energy in my own body; along with the infinite number of other experiences available to us in this universe.

However, from what I've seen speaking to others -- similar to the stories of a person's kundalini energy multiplying both the positive and the negative aspects of the individual -- it seems as though sometimes those on the path of Knowledge take with them their sense of self, this sort of individual-centric perspective based upon their lives here in the physical, their earthly experiences. Not a desire, but instead a sort of need, to compete, to grow through struggle with other parts of the universe, be they other aspects of ourselves, other individuals that we perceive as enemies, and so on.

What I think the Tao brings to us -- what I feel that "nothingness void meditation" has to offer all of us, beyond simply shutting off the mental chatter that helps prevent us from having conscious OBEs -- is a temporary stripping away of all of our ideas of separateness and individuality. When we fall into that state, it's not literally nothingness -- I think, instead, it is "everythingness" (or, perhaps, Life is a circle, Ka is a wheel, and everything and nothing are one and the same). It is us getting out of our own way long enough to experience the reality that we are all indeed one, with each other, with every cell, molecule, and atom (and quark, and gluon, etc.) in the universe, and therefore literally one with God. As if the universe is a tree, and we, and greater still, all things, are the fruit that it bears. We learn, by feeling and experiencing it, that all things are indeed the will of God, because all things are God. Struggle begets more struggle and warfare begets more warfare, while acceptance begets harmony, peace, the presence of love and the absence of fear.

I think perhaps these experiences of ultimate unity with endless, unconditional love and creation would be invaluable to someone progressing down the path of Knowledge. As my own journey progresses, I think it will be exciting finding out.

I appreciate your help clarifying this issue for me (as well as this tremendous amount of e-space to work out the intricacies of my beliefs with the help of this amazing community you've created), and I look forward to learning how others have experienced any or all of these concepts.

Best,

Vic

Matthew Guest
    Robert,
    I'll be coming up from Florida to your Ohio workshop. I'd like to talk with you more about teacher training while I am there.

I don't think that someone teaching basic NEW can really hurt a student energetically. The dangers would come as you present more advanced techniques to the public. I've seen this problem in chi kung circles.... and I was also guilty of moving too fast in my younger days and sneakily trying out things I was not ready for.
    Also, your system is very compatible with other systems. While basic NEW might not be harmful in itself, others might graft exercises onto it which might be more damaging.
    I know you are probably loath to create some type of formalized "system," but it would probably help to minimize some of the craziness and thoughtlessness of would-be teachers. Also, it would help to create a network of people who are research-minded (although many of us on these forums already discuss experiences and attempt to reproduce them to find best practices).

-Matthew

Well said everyone
    I'm glad this is coming out the way it is!

Robert, you have mentioned two places you are doing workshops, both in the U.S. On the main site it mentions plans for a workshop(s?) in Canada as well. Do you already have these in the beggining stages of planning or do yo uneed contacts to set upa place and promote the event? If you are looking for a place in souther Ontario I would gladly help although it would have to be somewhat around my area. If you want to aim for Toronto as it is big then I can't help you as I am a wee bit far and the big city is too stressful :p

I would definetly attend any workshops within a certain distance though! Possibly even into the U.S.

Vic Sage, I like the multi media examples of filmscreens and video games. I heard someone use a similar example once but it really baffled me. They were talking about life being a big Virtual Reality game and they want to play it until the GAME OVER. Then they just hope there is a play again? button.

This really surprised me because if life were a non stop video game... I'd rather just turn it off and walk away from it! This seems to resonaate with the blank filmstrip metaphor.

Metaphysical Moonlight Moping

G'day Folks!

I will endeavour to address some of the posts above here.

Void and Meditation:

Void type meditation is often criticized as having no purpose on the surface, because in clearing the mind and holding that state one appears to be doing nothing, and hence nothing of value.

Holding the mind clear puts one in an altered state of consciousness. This state deepens with practice. Only in a quite altered state can one approach a higher state of being.

During this quiet time the lower mind / ego is suppressed, and in this state it is slowly entrained to be quieter and more obedient at all times.

(Other conscious training processes are also required to help with the training of the lower self, especially self observation and introspection).

Also during this quiet time, the higher mind, superconsciousness, the higher self (there are many terms for our higher aspects) is encouraged to come to the fore, to be one with the meditator.

A quiet minded altered state takes the meditator closer to his/her higher mind. The higher mind is attracted to this and so also moves closer to the conscious mind. This association slowly evolves the meditator through close empathic association.

The essence of all spiritual development is to entrain the conscious mind to take on some of the 'knowingness' of the higher self.

The way of knowledge is, generally speaking, to absorb a lot of knowledge and to train the conscious mind and body according to a certain discipline. In essence, this involves taking control over ones life. This path has much merit and it suits a lot of people.

The way of knowing, however, is to quieten ones conscious mind so ones higher aspects can take root and flourish therein. Instead of learning and training and honing ones skills, one simply remembers and realizes and 'knows'.

A mixture of the above is probably best, as we all need some basic knowledge in order to achieve a state of nothingness.

The way of knowledge is to take control and make things happen, eg, creating ones own reality. In essence, if one masters this approach, its a bit like using God mode in a computer game. This kinda takes the fun out of things.

The way of knowing is to relinquish control. This is the essence of what I call Bee Following. Instead of trying to make something happen, one just expects things to happen. There is a profound difference between these approaches.

Mind you, it takes a lot of self control in order to be able to relinquish control, if that makes any sense....grin.

Teaching NEW:

I wish I could do more along these lines. But my workload is fairly high at the moment. So I'll just have to do what I can and wait for something to happen.

The only dangers with NEW are what students bring with them. The majority have no problems at all, no matter how hard they work. But some students have oversensitive energy bodies and delicate minds, so one has to be careful to spot the signs and know when to slow down or stop. Most problems can be worked around, if the teacher recognises what is happening and where that might lead. If a student with a sensitive energy body pushes e work too hard, premature kundalini symptoms, spikes, convulsions, physical disorders, mental and emotional problems, can result.

There are many potential problems with e work and higher energies, especially when higher energies are first awakened in a student. One big problem is that some students will not listen to cautions. They charge ahead and want advancement at any cost. But sometimes the cost is great.

Another problem is that students have rarely done the inner work and psychological balancing required to be able to work with higher energies. In these respects, it would probably be better to create a more formalized NEW system, as this could have at least some inbuilt safeguards.

But the above only applies to a small percentage of students and it would be difficult to identify these beforehand.

The general rule is, when higher energies are awakened one should take a break from e related practices and focus on grounding oneself until one feels completely normal again. If followed, this eventually solves all problems.

I look fwd to seeing some of you at my coming workshops. I have made significant advances in my work recently and it will be interesting to road test these with a group. I am just as much a student as a teacher in my workshops, and I always come away with something new.

Take care, Robert

Freawaru Guest
    Dear Robert,

I have some questions based on what has been said on this thread:

Holding the mind clear puts one in an altered state of consciousness. This state deepens with practice. Only in a quite altered state can one approach a higher state of being.

During this quiet time the lower mind / ego is suppressed, and in this state it is slowly entrained to be quieter and more obedient at all times.
    While I do agree with you due to my own experiences there are other people who report posession or other neg-related problems as results of this technique. I have been wondering about this strange difference of results by practice of apparently the same technique and asked some of those persons about their experience during the clear mind. Without exception they told me that once they had suppressed the thoughts there had been images or sounds or other sensorical input (like tactile sensations or sensing presences, etc). While a mind full of images/etc does not fit my own definition of a *clear* mind, they always insisted that they did the technique correctly and thus their altered state had been meditation and thus meditation was to blame for their problems.

As you have both experience with negs and the clear mind I hope you can explain the different outcomes for different people when practicing this technique. To me it seems that suppressing the thoughts but to allow hypnogogics, etc, is the reason that their mind became more unruly rather than more controled, but as I never experienced this myself I would like to have your opinion on this speculation and I hope you have an idea how to prevent the undesired effect of the technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Sage
    What I think the Tao brings to us -- what I feel that "nothingness void meditation" has to offer all of us, beyond simply shutting off the mental chatter that helps prevent us from having conscious OBEs -- is a temporary stripping away of all of our ideas of separateness and individuality.
    While it is often taught (both in Buddhism and yoga) that develloping trance, OBE, clairaudience, etc, are not usefull (and even hinderances) for voidness meditation, I seek to find a way to include them. But this statement of Vic made me wonder if it is also the other way round: maybe the rigid control of our mind that we, people on the voidness meditation path, develloped is counterproductive to experience OBE's, etc.

After several years of learning how to control my mind I found a different route: I let things happen. Instead of, say, taking control of my dream when becoming lucid I restricted myself to observation and let the dream and the dream-personality I identify with go on as when not lucid. Usually these dreams become strangely symbolic then. I can do the same when awake (though life does not become symbolic, even then ) and observe the workings of my mind. But intentionally I never gave up control completely (though this happend spontaniously, resulting in very blissfull and lucid voidness experiences), meaning I always kept the control to take back the control of my mind. This I judge necessary cause I do not want to get things out of hand due to, for example, strong emotions nor would I like to permanently detach from my human personality.

Your techniques for NEW, trance and AP also include a certain amount of control, one has to concentrate after all, but it seems to me that my concentration and control is habitually too strong. I would like too loosen the reins but I do not know the reins of what. I doubt it is the emotions (is it?), nor is it the thoughts. Is it the hypnogogics? Or what else?

The way of knowing is to relinquish control. This is the essence of
    what I call Bee Following. Instead of trying to make something
    happen, one just expects things to happen. There is a profound
    difference between these approaches.
    Could you please explain this in more detail. This sounds different than the Witnessing/vipassana I practice, as Witnessing does not even imply any kind of expectation, as expectation is a subtle form of control. Also, expectation seems to be the core ingredient of the self (the ego), i.e. the identification with an "I" and "mine", that - while being a hinderance for voidness - seems to be an important aspect of the Path of Knowledge as it provides the necessary separation. We have had a discussion about this here:

http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... ght=#20996

So - basically - I would be gratefull if you could also give some tips for people whose mind might have become a bit too tame

Matthew Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    Instead of, say, taking control of my dream when becoming lucid I restricted myself to observation and let the dream and the dream-personality I identify with go on as when not lucid. Usually these dreams become strangely symbolic then.
    I have also noticed this. If I become lucid and let the dream unfold instead of pushing an agenda of my own (flying, transition to OBE, etc.), then the dream becomes highly symbolic. For example, I have studied alchemy for years, but I never experienced alchemical symbolism in my dreams until I became lucid and then just studied the dream. It was as if my unconscious was very open to dialoguing with me when I let it.

-Matthew

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast