Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I do this while doing NEW?

AstralCody Guest

Can I do this while doing NEW?

I am going to read up and watch videos on NEW. I figure it's about time to start this. I remember the Golden Rule as well but I am REALLY hoping this helps me with projections!

While doing NEW can I listen to music while doing it? Like Enya? Very relaxing music. Could I do this on my bed or is it better to sit? etc?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Re: Can I do this while doing NEW?

I do NEW in all kinds of situations, including while listening to music. Meditating to music that has lyrics can be problematic, but NEW isn't really meditation and you can do it with just about anything else going on. I sometimes do it while I'm watching TV, in fact (but I've been doing it a while; I don't have to concentrate that deeply to move the energy around).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I concur.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

I routinely use Tibetan chant during my energy work to good effect. I'm having some blockage stuff right now, but I will often put on deep ritual vocals and imagine being surrounded by monks as they sing energy into my feet, up the spine, and anywhere I sense I need it--sort of like they're ministering energy to me.

So yeah, whatever works.

Soul
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Chanting is good. I sometimes use glossolalia (speaking in tongues) for the same purpose as chanting. It facilitates the induction of a certain kind of meditative state (which may be why the Apostle Paul was always telling everyone to do it more, but I digress, as I often do ).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see a video of that.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see a video of that.
    I agree, I've always wondered, HOW does one speak in tongues, exactly? I remember hearing a pentecostal preacher saying that "Just try and it will happen" or something along those lines.

Music is fine, you really just need to experiment and find out what works best for your NEW work. I concur on the Tibetan chanting. Here's the om mani padme hum chant, it's beautiful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG_lNuNUVd4

Come to think of it I often listen to chanting or shamanic drumming before I attempt a projection. Here's an example of drumming that I sometimes listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjDtqodx5HY

Tibetan singing bowls are enjoyable as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1xZC3TtcBU

Blog Entries

Of what, speaking in tongues? There are probably videos of it.

I know that certain religious sorts regard it as specific to their religion, but it isn't. It's a universal ability. As for how you do it, you just allow yourself to do it, basically. If you're learning it in the framework of a religion, that can actually help (that's how I took up the practice, many years ago), but essentially, it's something anyone can do. Once you get good at it, you can do it silently, you can sing with it, etc. It's a pretty interesting thing to do. And while I don't really go for the "specific gift to a specific kind of believer in a specific religious idea of a specific deity figure", I do see that it has some good spiritual value.

In a dream, somewhere finding my way home

I still speak in tongues...

I started when I was a devout Christian, but it didn't end when I left the Church, in fact, I can tell when my vocabulary picks up a new word here and there. I remember when I first started speaking out. I kept repeating one word over and over, and I was overcome with emotion when I said it even though I had no idea what the word meant or what language it was.

Mind you I was 17.

But I looked it up, and to my surprise discovered that I was repeating an old Hebrew name for God: Elohim. Now, it didn't come rolling off the tongue so clean and clear, it was more arabic sounding, quick, and ancient. But it was one of God's names.

I just got goosebumps.

Soul.
    Know Thyself

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSail View Post
    But I looked it up, and to my surprise discovered that I was repeating an old Hebrew name for God: Elohim.
    That is interesting!

Just because I'm an ancient history major with a keen and ongoing interest in the Ancient Near East and the Bible, I wanted to point out that "Elohim" is actually plural. It's "gods". Seriously.