Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trance symptoms while fully awake.

Blog Entries

Trance symptoms while fully awake.

Im sure at least some of you are familiar with very intense trance-sensations, like dislocated limbs or feeling small in a very large space.
    Yesterday while fully awake, talking and arguing with my girldfriend in the bedroom when our lights were of (mind you it gets very dark) I got very heavy sensations of that the room was very large and that I was very small, coupled with sinking and falling sensations and also that some bodyparts were larger or heavier than they are in reality.
    All these are sensations I have gotten in trance before but my question is how I can get them while fully awake arguing with my girlfriend? Have anyone else experienced this in full waking consciousnes?
    It is like beeing in trance even though your fully awake.

IA56 Guest

Re: Trance symptoms while fully awake.

Yes I have several time since I was a child, now it is very long time ago, but it is very crazy feeling, talking here and now, and seeing scenarios of some event that has nothing to do with the now, and feeling like you are floating abow the whole thing still small in one part that part who is conversating with some family member....

Blog Entries

Interesting. For me it felt as if my girlfriend was close yet very far away, like 20 meters or so. Like the physical distance was one thing, and emotional or some else distance was another.

I have also experienced this often - btw I have a friend who is proud to have been diagnosed as schizophrenic, who remarks often that he feels very small/large, or that his FEET feel very big/small.. . .odd!

Blog Entries

Well I have felt that numerous times in my life. Especially the feeling that limbs or body parts is out of proportion to the rest of the body and/or that they are very heavy. This has almost exclusively happened when going to bed at night which, to me, means that its trance symptoms.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    how I can get them while fully awake arguing with my girlfriend?
    Rudimentary splitting of consciousness. I do this all the time. I can carry on entirely mundane things (including conversations) while experiencing various metaphysical-type things, all simultaneously. I've had what you describe and even weirder states.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Is this a result of spiritual progress or by developing the energy body or something else you think?

Blog Entries

I've been dissociative all my life. It was a habit I developed to help me cope with the dysfunctional world in which I lived. I could be there and be somewhere else at the same time. Dissociation is a very useful thing to do, and it can be learned.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Does it help you undestand certain situations in another way than normal?
    I was thinking of that when I was arguing with my girlfriend I felt her beeing very far away, and the thought I got was that the distance was very large between us emotionally or spiritually or something like that. Like our energy was separated, or different energies. It makes me think that beeing in this state can help understanding certain things.
    Perhaps I was trying to cope with the situation as you describe it?

Blog Entries

Does it help you undestand certain situations in another way than normal?
    I don't know. What's normal? I have no idea how anyone else sees or experiences any situation, so I have no way to know. I do know that being able to be "not present" (because, in my mind, I was simply somewhere else) was and still is useful, though I don't use it the way I once did. I still split consciousness easily, but not to escape anything. Now it's like having multiple windows open in an operating system, and I can view two or more simultaneously, though I do usually have one "in focus" (but I can flip between them).

I was thinking of that when I was arguing with my girlfriend I felt her beeing very far away, and the thought I got was that the distance was very large between us emotionally or spiritually or something like that. Like our energy was separated, or different energies. It makes me think that beeing in this state can help understanding certain things.
    Perhaps I was trying to cope with the situation as you describe it?
    Possibly. If you're not very good at certain kinds of conflicts or interactions, you might well resort to that kind of "going away" to better deal with it (heaven knows, it's how I dealt with my mother for years ).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast