Thread: Auras and thoughtforms

Auras and thoughtforms

A big challenge for many OBE'ers is differentiating between "real" beings from thoughtforms of their own making. As an example-- say I was projecting and wished to see my deceased grandfather. At that moment, he appears, smiles and rubs my head, and fades from view. Was it truly my grandfather, or was it a thoughtform?

I've been reading Oliver Fox's work. I will take a moment to say that Fox was obviously far ahead of his time, and anyone interested in OBEs would do well to take time and read his work. You can read his book at the following link:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/61595489/A...-by-OLIVER-FOX

On page 52 or so, Fox recounts a number of "visits" by others while he was in a trance state. Some of the visitors, such as a friend who claimed he would meet him while projecting, had very obvious auric colors. Others, such as a very traditional-looking Christ, had no aura. Fox goes on to postulate that the presence of auric colors may denote an actual entity, while the lack thereof may indicate a thoughtform.

Has anyone ever used auric colors as a sort of reality-test?

Re: Auras and thoughtforms

Hello dreaming90
    Yes, Oliver Fox Was well ahead of his time. I read his book many years ago and found it to be very interesting. Not exactly a how-to book but helpful anyway.
    I also have trouble telling between discarnate beings and thought forms on occasion. When in an unfamiliar location I usually assume that everybody there is Not a thought form. But I've had many OBEs in my house or apartment and it Is hard to tell whether a being there is a self created thought form or else has an independent objective existence. The best way to find out is probably just to ask but even that is not infallible.
    And, No, I have never seen the auric colors of any being while OOB.
    BTW Oliver Fox was a pen name and the man's actual name was Hugh Calloway.

Regards
    Grey