Thread: Mind-Split Effect... Is Your Astral Body Really "You"?

Mind-Split Effect... Is Your Astral Body Really "You"?

Hello Robert,

I've had your book Astral Dynamics for some time and picked it up off the shelf on a whim yesterday. I'm pretty interested by what I'm reading, particularly the notion of the Mind-Split effect. I just have one concern that I'd like to address to you specifically:

According to your book (if I understand correctly), a projector's mind/body splits into independent, freely acting copies of itself as higher planes are reached. For example, the physical body spawns an independent real-time copy, followed by astral, mental, Buddhic, Atmic, etc... none of these copies are aware of each other's actions at any time unless the astral feedback phenomenon occurs, or whatever version fits the scenario as two bodies on separate planes intersect in their perceptions. In effect, one clones their own consciousness into a higher state of being when projecting.

My question is, when one splits their awareness into copies of itself in this fashion, which side of the experience are "you" actively perceiving at the time? For example, if I am in my physical body attempting to project, does my awareness always remain in my physical body until my real-time double returns, or does my mode of perception switch over to my real-time body, allowing "me" to "actively" experience the projection, not just in memory alone? Does it simply depend on the circumstances? Am I thinking about it the wrong way?

I hope my question makes sense; the whole phenomenon really is mind-boggling, especially to one like myself who has never had any such experiences. I look forward to your answer, and also towards trying out your techniques for myself. I imagine coming face-to-face with the astral would be life-changing.

P.S. How does direct experience with the astral plane and firsthand knowledge of the existence of an afterlife shape your behavior and interactions with others within physical reality?

All the best,
    -Evan Williams

Re: Mind-Split Effect... Is Your Astral Body Really "You"?

G'day Evan,

An excellent question. Lets keep this simple....

Your consciousness (you) in your physical body mind copies itself as an energy form with which to project out of body into the astral dimension. You can remain conscious in your physical body while you are also conscious in your astral body.

Your astral body (you) experience the astral dimension firsthand. When you as your astral body returns to your physical body mind, your astral projection memories 'overwrite' any physical memories for that time period. So there is no 'just remembering' or anything vague about this. It is as real as any real life experience. After a real life experience, you have 'firsthand memory' of that experience.

Yes, conscious OBE 'is' lifechanging.

As for how my experience effects me, well, apart from losing fear of death, and easing the sting of parting when loved ones die, I have to say it greatly improves my sense of 'living in the now' as well as my sense of humor. I have become a little eccentric and quirky over time, as my values and perceptions of what is truly important in life have changed dramatically. While anyone's life is a serious matter, it is not as 'limited' and 'finite' and 'fixed' as it might seem. Getting out of body, exploring astral and mental dimensions, and interacting with the 'intelligence' and 'presence' behind all dimensions, is truly life changing. And this also extends into the physical reality...which is not much different from any other dimension. You can also interact with the 'presence' and 'intelligence' behind the physical reality, if you would just allow for this and learn how to listen and to see and to feel.

take care, robert