Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

  1. #1

    My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    Right now im too excited to sleep. For seven weeks ive been following the instruction in Mastering Astal Projection, and tonight things got 'real'! I went through the usual routine laid out in the book, and although i sometimes skip the chakra work, i stimulated each one tonight. I had a song stuck in my head through the whole session, which lasted about 45 mins. Every few minutes i would focus on my breathing and push the noise out, but it would return as soon as i stopped. After entering a trance, i started climbing rope. I got bored with that pretty quickly, and started chasm crossing technique for about 10 mins. Getting bored again, i simply used the third eye trigger, and immediatley had the feeling that i should float out through my third eye, which i did. I floated out, then up a tunnel of light for maybe 3 seconds, and the exit symptoms started full blast. Two things seem strange to me about it though. As soon as the exit started, it felt EXTREMELY familiar. I immediatley recognized this feeling, even though ive never consciously projected before. It just felt like id done this before. And although i felt like i was being electrocuted by a powerline while laying behind a jet engine, i found the sensation to be totally euphoric, maybe even mildly erotic. At this point i just lay there trying to continue floating up, which i couldnt. I tried 3 other exit techniques, but couldnt focus at all. The symptoms lasted maybe a min then started to fade. I tried running through exit techniques again, but couldnt focus on them. I totally blew that exit for some unknown reason. So after writing Mr. Bruce on facebook about my first experience, i lay down again for another try. Now let me say that my whole life ive had this ability to stimulate something in my body at will. Ive always thought i could release adrenaline or something. But now i know. I can trigger the exit symptoms mildly at will. Its like a reflex. I feel like im squeezing something in my body somewhere, but have never been able to pinpoint it. The result is like adrenaline, or eletricity shooting from head to toe, which leaves me shaking. Maybe thats what i recognized?... Anyway, i ran through the relaxation drill quickly and settled in, then did some breathwork. I spent maybe 5 mins preparing this second time. Then i just triggered that 'reflex', which immediately brought on the symptoms a second time. I did the third eye trigger, and induced strong sensations, but blew that exit too. All in all, its been a good night. Im gonna skim through Astral Dynamics, and go through some past chapters in Mastering Projection to make sure i didnt miss something. I think maybe i focused on the symptoms too much. I cant wait to try again tommorow night! Now i really know this wasnt a waste of time, and i learned something about myself. If anyone knows what im saying about this 'reflex', then tell me! Im sure im not the only one who can do it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Posts
    543
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    Aswesome story! Glad for you. I really want to know that "reflex".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sunny Climes
    Posts
    19,977
    Blog Entries
    60

    Re: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    At this point i just lay there trying to continue floating up, which i couldnt. I tried 3 other exit techniques, but couldnt focus at all. The symptoms lasted maybe a min then started to fade. I tried running through exit techniques again,
    You were trying to exit after having exited. What you needed to do was to try to get away from your body, because you already were out of body. If this happens again, where you are out but too close to your body, imagine you're swimming or floating like a balloon and head for the door, even if blind. 'Swim', or try to focus on somewhere else (like the other corner of the room) and you will get away.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

  4. #4

    Re: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    You were trying to exit after having exited. What you needed to do was to try to get away from your body, because you already were out of body. If this happens again, where you are out but too close to your body, imagine you're swimming or floating like a balloon and head for the door, even if blind. 'Swim', or try to focus on somewhere else (like the other corner of the room) and you will get away.
    Really?! I didnt think i exited because of 1 thing, i had my eyes closed the whole time, and i thought once i had exited that i would instantly begin to see. Thanks though, im gonna try again tonight, and ill take all the advice i can get.

  5. #5

    Re: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    Quote Originally Posted by ChadRad View Post
    Really?! I didnt think i exited because of 1 thing, i had my eyes closed the whole time, and i thought once i had exited that i would instantly begin to see. Thanks though, im gonna try again tonight, and ill take all the advice i can get.
    You won't necessarily begin to "see" right away, especially at first. Next time you feel floaty but can't see, try a firm affirmation like "Clarity now!" Or imagine your astral eyes opening.

    Sounds like you had a great experience! I remember my first exit sensations. I passed through a tunnel of light and then felt vibrations, like you described. The familiar feeling was probably the result of having projected or died many times in the past.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Posts
    543
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    Aggree with dreaming90 about the familiar feeling. YOu know this, you have don this many times before. Unlike me, who didnt have that feeling at all when I had my first experience, also racing through a tunnel of static noice ending up in space (the Void). I think I'v done this many times to but never got that familiar feeling.

    dreaming90: So your saying that when feeling floaty you may have exited the body already? I have felt floaty many times.. must try what your saying here. Darn!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sunny Climes
    Posts
    19,977
    Blog Entries
    60

    Re: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusTraveler View Post
    Aggree with dreaming90 about the familiar feeling. YOu know this, you have don this many times before. Unlike me, who didnt have that feeling at all when I had my first experience, also racing through a tunnel of static noice ending up in space (the Void). I think I'v done this many times to but never got that familiar feeling.

    dreaming90: So your saying that when feeling floaty you may have exited the body already? I have felt floaty many times.. must try what your saying here. Darn!
    I'm the one who said it, not just because of the 'floaty feeling' (that does indicate projection has happened, even if it's located 'inside' the body) but because " I floated out, then up a tunnel of light for maybe 3 seconds, and the exit symptoms started full blast. " this indicates a full exit, even if not very far.
    And as it's been indicated previously, if you're too close to your physical body, you're more than likely to be blind (because of the feedback from your physical eyes) so you need to get away from it.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

  8. #8

    Re: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    " I floated out, then up a tunnel of light for maybe 3 seconds, and the exit symptoms started full blast. " this indicates a full exit
    No guys, when i " floated out" i was in trance and imagined it as an part of the exit technique, i didnt actually do it.

    Thanks for all the great comments guys, im so close! Now i can induce the vibrations but gotta figure out what to do from there. Looking through past threads, i see some mistakes i was making, like using exit techniques before the vibrations; i thought thats how you bring on the vibrational state.

    CFTraveler, i saw a comment you made in another thread about sleep paralysis. When entering the trance state, you say you need to enter paralysis before inducing the vibrations because it will make the exit easier? Ive never experienced sleep paralysis before and it sounds like something thats not easy to learn. In MAP, pg 147, Mr Bruce talks about levels of trance and says projection becomes possible from light trance. Rereading that chapter, i dont see anything that states sleep paralysis accompanies full trance. Do i have this all wrong?


    Shoot me some tips guys, im off to work and cant wait to get home for another try!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sunny Climes
    Posts
    19,977
    Blog Entries
    60

    Re: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    Hi Chad.
    First of all, to me, sleep paralysis is not what you want to project- you want full trance. This may include paralysis (or rather, dissociation from the body) but not necessarily. This is not the same as sleep paralysis*.

    When you induce a projection you want to get yourself to the point in which your mind is awake and aware, but your body 'doesn't exist'- full dissociation. Yes, you can exit from a light trance, but if you're just starting out, the feedback from body awareness will cause the problems you had indicated before- discomfort and movement; trying an exit technique will cause you to move your body and break the trance, and other things may be distracting. Eventually you can exit while mobile, but I don't recommend it to someone that's starting out.
    Now, this may seem contradictory, but try not to think of your body after you're done with the relaxation and breath awareness (or any other exercise you're using to go into trance)- while in that stage of your attempt- it's ok (and actually advisable) to have body awareness, but at a certain point you have to move attention away from your body and into your mind.
    I'm not saying 'wait 'til you're numb to try to exit', because that puts you in body awareness- instead I'm saying, when you start to 'lose' it, then it's the time to do an energy body loosening technique, and then move into an observing/listening exercise, looking for cues that are not 'body' oriented before you start any exit technique, active or passive.

    Now:
    when i " floated out" i was in trance and imagined it as an part of the exit technique, i didnt actually do it.
    Instead of using your visual imagination to 'float', I want you to use it as a 'memory' exercise. If you have a pool, recollect what it is to feel like you're floating up from the bottom to the top- it's not a 'seeing yourself somewhere else doing it', it's putting you in first person experience mode- because you want to experience it happening to you. I do think this is better as a 'loosening' exercise than an exit technique, unless you're in deep trance. Then in itself it can get you out.

    Another thing I see that always bothers me- everybody seems to assume vibrations always happen or are necessary for the exit. The truth is that vibrations almost always happen to people when they are starting out (at the exit, not to provoke an exit) but some people never feel vibrations, and with some people (like me) they smooth out with experience and almost never happen again. Then they need other cues to know they're 'ready' to exit, such as visuals and noises, but these also are slippery.
    So what I say is please be sure you are in a deep enough trance before you try an exit (even an energy body loosening exercise before the exit) and stay in the 'zone' even if you think you're done trying, long enough to make sure it didn't work.

    ps. *Sleep paralysis is different than trance dissociation- sleep paralysis happens after you've been sleeping for some time, and are waking up in REM. Sometimes you wake up but your body isn't reactivated, and you see what you were dreaming, but you can't move, and all kinds of unpleasantness can happen. It's a different brainstate than trance, but often confused with each other due to the similarity of the body's unresponsiveness.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

  10. #10

    Re: My first OBE exit symptoms experience

    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Now:
    Instead of using your visual imagination to 'float', I want you to use it as a 'memory' exercise. If you have a pool, recollect what it is to feel like you're floating up from the bottom to the top- it's not a 'seeing yourself somewhere else doing it', it's putting you in first person experience mode- because you want to experience it happening to you. I do think this is better as a 'loosening' exercise than an exit technique, unless you're in deep trance. Then in itself it can get you out.
    That's a good point. Monroe had his first OOBE when thinking about how nice it would be to take the glider out to fly the next day, and up he went.

    Some good information on mind awake/body asleep (Focus 10) can be found in Fred Aardema's article here:

    http://www.explorations-in-conscious...m/focus10.html

    This article more or less assumes that you are using Hemi-Sync to reach Focus 10, but Hemi-Sync is not at all necessary, as you have figured out by using MAP.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OBE Exit Poll 3
    By greytraveller in forum OBE Research and Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 5th February 2012, 05:21 AM
  2. OBE Exit Poll
    By greytraveller in forum OBE Research and Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 29th January 2012, 09:40 PM
  3. OBE Exit Poll 2
    By greytraveller in forum OBE Research and Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26th January 2012, 07:52 PM
  4. screaming upon obe exit
    By lightgal in forum Ask Robert Bruce
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th July 2011, 06:12 PM
  5. OBE, OBE exit and early experiences(RTZ)
    By Korpo in forum AD-pedia (Also known as Astral FAQ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th May 2007, 09:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
01 TITLE
01 block content This site is under development!
02 Links block
02 block content

ad_bluebearhealing_astraldynamics 

ad_neuralambience_astraldynamics