I projected quite easily as a child and one experience was so spectacular that I told my mother about it (I was around 7 years old at the time) and she seemed interested, and I believe that that helped me continue to have these experiences and to be able to separate them from lucid dreams, etc. I haven't projected in a while (reasons in another section of the Forum) but have noticed my 8 year old son, starting to have "flying dreams", some fun & some scary. Since I do not want to influence him as to what these experiences are, I have supported him when he tells me of the fun ones, and have counseled him to "remember" that when something is scary, he can change the content of the dream, and even make himself wake up. He has reported having been able to do this, and I don't press the issue. This has seemed to even stop his nightmares (or helped him navigate them if they were a phase of growth.) The church we attend is a Metaphysical Christian church, and he already knows how to meditate (or as much as an 8-year old boy can), so I believe he will probably be projecting soon or already has. I do believe that children do this naturally, but something happens at puberty, in my case I became more externally focused, (boys, etc.) as it happens to everyone (possibly), and of course, would have been embarrassed to let on about a lot of the adventures I had, so I kept them to myself, and only told my mom the most basic of them. I do believe we all do this as children, and if supported, can continue for the rest of our lives.