Thread: ECT and Memory Loss

ECT and Memory Loss

G’day Bob,

Following on from your posting about the relationship between the mind and the brain I have some questions.

A very common side effect of ECT, used for the treatment of Psychotic-Depression, is long-term memory loss. If the part of the brain that stores physical memory is destroyed/wiped, then is it still possible to access/recover memory from the mind, or even the Akashic records, and download it to the physical memory again?

I have just started working with my friend who went through 14 ECT sessions over a two week period while admitted to a mental hospital after a serious breakdown. We have begun with some very simple meditation exercises to help her strengthen her psyche, which I believe is still very fragile. She still manages to retain her talent for music, although recalls nothing about her marriage or bringing up her children, so I am assuming that the ECT did not damage the Parietal or Fontal lobe, only the part which stores/transceives memory.

Obviously I am very cautious about the possibility of triggering another psychotic episode of depression (from which she can recall nothing), but am interested in your advice about gentle ways of understand and working with the root cause of her illness?

Again, thank you in advance for your advice and suggestions.

Kind regards,

Saul

Re: ECT and Memory Loss

G'day,

When this happens, it is almost like a slice of memory is removed/destroyed, and this disconnects everything that happened before that slice. The memories still exist, but access to them is denied.

Long term memories sometimes return in time.

Yes, better to focus on the root cause. Once this has been addressed, memories may return.

I recommend that you follow this link http://www.babiesneedmothers.com/

And go to the menu 'works' and watch the vids under 'schizophrenia is unnecessary'

Dr Mackenzie can be contacted via email and he will respond, if you'd like to discuss your friend's condition. He has a radically new approach that is very successful.

I also suggest you read this site and some of the links
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...1021_SNL_Art_1

Eye opening, to say the least, in that many mental illnesses can be caused by vitamin deficiencies.

Quoted from the above link

"When vitamin B3 or niacin was first added as an enrichment or as a fortification to flour, about half of the people in mental institutions went home. This is not a well-known fact. They were there not because they were mentally ill – because of genetic, environment, or social reasons – but because they were malnourished... He wondered about the half that didn't go home. What about the people that had a little bit of niacin, but didn't get better? ... [H]e started giving what at the time were preposterously high doses of niacin: 3,000 milligrams a day. And he was curing schizophrenia in 80 percent of the cases.
    This is astonishing. The cure rate for schizophrenia with drug therapy is not particularly good. Dr. Hoffer saw again and again that niacin worked. Then he studied it, did the placebo-controlled, double-blind test, and started writing paper after paper on this. At that point, the American Psychiatric Association literally blacklisted him."
    According to Dr. Saul, other researchers have since confirmed Dr. Hoffer's findings, and found that niacin can also be successfully used in the treatment of other mental disorders, such as:

• Attention deficit disorder
    • General psychosis
    • Anxiety
    • Depression
    • Obsessive-compulsive disorder
    • Bipolar disorder "