Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fear as driving force...

Exclamation Fear as driving force...

Greetings,

There could be many causes for a spontanous projection, such as excitement and extreme emotions. And spontanous projection, hence the name, is often instant and without the need for relaxtion/trance and other stuff.

As we know, fear is one our prime senses and is pretty easy to induce. It is also an emotion. Fear will eventualy turn into physical excitement and takes over the mind and body which would make a perfect condition for spontanous projection.

So here's the question: Can a panic episode be deliberately triggered to achieve an OBE? Can extreme fear be used to force the astral body out?

Best Regards,
    Reav3R
    Last edited by Reav3R; 6th November 2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Cellphone! *cries*

Blog Entries

Re: Fear as driving force...

I'm sure it can, but once again, there are more fun methods. Like the old 'hitting your toe with a hammer to get rid of a headache' thing, when there are less painful ways.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Is there any consequence?

I mean you certainly know that you faked the fear but your subcon doesn't. So it can potentially act out on the fear and manifest its source (a monster i.e.) which could as a result affect the experience.

Anyway... I'd (basically) like to know the pros and cons to this method.

Has anyone here ever tried this?!
    Last edited by Reav3R; 6th November 2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Cellphone!

Blog Entries

I spent years trying to rid myself of fear and panic/anxiety disorder. I cannot imagine why anyone would want to induce such a thing, for any purpose. To me, it would be like cleaning your teeth with a dagger, or deliberately making yourself sick in order to lose weight. It migh work, but why would you want to do it that way?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Reav3R View Post
    Is there any consequence?

I mean you certainly know that you faked the fear but your subcon doesn't. So it can potentially act out on the fear and manifest its source (a monster i.e.) which could as a result affect the experience.

Anyway... I'd (basically) like to know the pros and cons to this method.

Has anyone here ever tried this?!
    There are actually a couple of things that could go wrong.
    First of all, implanting fear into your subconsciousness will make you to lose control over it, you never know when such strong fear could manifest and throw you out of your body, in certain cases this situation could be very, very dangerous.
    Next thing is that such a strong fear that throws you out of your body really exists, but it is usually fear that the person feels, it's a sort of defense mechanism and it is there for a purpose. If you plant such fear into your sub-c you risk that this fear will follow you into the astral plane, I would also guess that the most common outcome of this would be demonic possession (in this case it would be a fear manifested into demonic form).

And most importantly, your fears are the only thing that can actually harm you in Astral, I usually advice people to do the opposite thing, to get rid of their fears before they go projecting around.

Yes, what you say is true. I think I may have misrepresented my idea by taking a direct route. It's not my entire idea to just deliberately induce an extreme fear then wait for an exit and hope for a happy OBE (rinse and repeat).

I agree that fear is, as a defence mechanism, there for a purpose. But it is essentially an emotion. "Pure" fear alone isn't based on any logic and is just a mere sense. And like you said, fear is the only thing that can do harm. Also, fear is internal so the worst kind of fear (nightmare) has to come from sub-con (because it "knows" the worst fear).

My idea is like taking a vaccine; deliberately injecting yourself with a virus, in order to gain resistance/immunity. The more you watch horror movies, the less you are terrified by them.

When an accident is so terrible that causes a mental breakdown, mind (sub-con) has the ability to trigger an associated (often extreme) defence mechanism (such as amnesia) to deal with the subject. Now combine a vaccine with a breakdown and you'll get fear immunity.

Hulk says: "Wanna know how I avoid getting angry? I'm always angry!". If you feel pain in your arm and cut it. You can't feel pain anymore because you no longer have the means (your arm) to do so. If you constantly smell a perfume for an hour, your body gets used to it and won't feel it anymore. The examples go on...

And the last thing to clarify is "the" fear (the kind I mean). Imagine your worst nightmares, horrifying demons alongside sickness (and divorce and death and ...) and make them real. The type of fear that can make you forget your name (not literally). In trance state (and dream), emotions can buildup easily. Make the word "fear" come alive.

Now what I'm saying is to devour the fear, to feel it take over and to become it. By experiencing the worst type of fear, you know that there's no worse and by surviving it you know that you can take it. If you can take the worst kind of fear then fear becomes meaningless. By constantly staying in fear, you can't become terrified because you already are (and you realize that it can't destroy/kill you so it becomes meaningless). By deliberately injecting yourself with fear, you increase your resistance (and the conclusions go on...).

I hope I made my point clear because I can't explain my idea better than this...I wasn't actually hoping for an answer. I'm looking to know your ideas on this. I thought presenting my idea alongside a questions works better...

Best Regards,
    Reav3R
    Last edited by Reav3R; 6th November 2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Cellphone or vBulletin's format?!!!

My idea is like taking a vaccine; deliberately injecting yourself with a virus, in order to gain resistance/immunity. The more you watch horror movies, the less you are terrified by them.
    I think i get you here. you want to habituate yourself to fearful experiences over time. This makes a lot of sense all though i would advise starting small and building your way up in intensity of the experience. Confronting/overcoming fears will help with projection as well as a host of other things in general. i would also advise, once you get there, and if this is your cup of tea, to get to know your body's reaction to the fear of death by doing safe but "dangerous" activities. Things like roller coasters, sky diving, rock climbing/rappelling, bungee jumping. Depending on how you are your body may react similarly to an OBE. i get the feeling during OBEs your body at times thinks it is dying. The intense fear associated to the OBE is similar to a death experience.
    Some people don't get too much fear at all from OBEing though. Also, one thing to note. Don't assume that by increasing the frequency of exposing yourself to fearful experiences you will automatically become braver. Take note of what you learned about yourself during the fearful experience.

When an accident is so terrible that causes a mental breakdown, mind (sub-con) has the ability to trigger an associated (often extreme) defence mechanism (such as amnesia) to deal with the subject. Now combine a vaccine with a breakdown and you'll get fear immunity.
    This hasn't been my experience with fear at all. Fear is like an adhesive, you remember things quite detailed surrounding the event.Having a bit of fear is great for recall and memory download. Having a major fearful experience is also great for recall, but just horrible to have.On the other hand there are additional powerful emotions that are great for recall, love, ecstasy, joy, etc...
    It makes sense to remember things better surrounding a fearful experience in that as a defense mechanism you will want to remember what to avoid/confront in the future. If you are constantly forgetting fearful experiences what is stopping them from occurring over and over and over...

Hulk says: "Wanna know how I avoid getting angry? I'm always angry!". If you feel pain in your arm and cut it. You can't feel pain anymore because you no longer have the means (your arm) to do so. If you constantly smell a perfume for an hour, your body gets used to it and won't feel it anymore. The examples go on...
    Fear is a great teacher. Please be careful that you are not numbing yourself from fear instead of learning from it.

And the last thing to clarify is "the" fear (the kind I mean). Imagine your worst nightmares, horrifying demons alongside sickness (and divorce and death and ...) and make them real. The type of fear that can make you forget your name (not literally). In trance state (and dream), emotions can buildup easily. Make the word "fear" come alive.
    I guess this is possible if you have a really good imagination. It is nice to do this sort of thing with positive emotions too.

Now what I'm saying is to devour the fear, to feel it take over and to become it. By experiencing the worst type of fear, you know that there's no worse and by surviving it you know that you can take it. If you can take the worst kind of fear then fear becomes meaningless. By constantly staying in fear, you can't become terrified because you already are (and you realize that it can't destroy/kill you so it becomes meaningless). By deliberately injecting yourself with fear, you increase your resistance (and the conclusions go on...).
    You either are terrified or you are not or you have mixed feelings. If you are constantly in a state of fear, you are going to be a fearful person, not someone who can manage or own it.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Blog Entries

Imagine your worst nightmares, horrifying demons alongside sickness (and divorce and death and ...) and make them real.
    I don't have to imagine that. I've gone through a period of transformation so profound that it DID include pretty much EVERYTHING I was afraid of. Death, divorce, loss of family, loss of sanity, poverty, you name it.

As I said, I cannot imagine wanting or intending to induce such a state. I experienced it in material reality because of the anger and fear and other stuff I had in my subconscious (it's more in-depth than that, but that's it in a nutshell).

My very real experience with fear is that it is extremely powerful, that it can and does shape your reality in major ways, and that it is nearly impossible to control. As I wrote, I spent years shedding it, and learning how to live without it. I don't recommend using fear (or anger, for that matter) for any purpose. It's too volatile.

I do, however, want to express my gratitude for this thread. In considering this, I have seen the answer to a question that has been in my mind for a while. So, thank you.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    I don't have to imagine that. I've gone through a period of transformation so profound that it DID include pretty much EVERYTHING I was afraid of. Death, divorce, loss of family, loss of sanity, poverty, you name it.

As I said, I cannot imagine wanting or intending to induce such a state. I experienced it in material reality because of the anger and fear and other stuff I had in my subconscious (it's more in-depth than that, but that's it in a nutshell).

My very real experience with fear is that it is extremely powerful, that it can and does shape your reality in major ways, and that it is nearly impossible to control. As I wrote, I spent years shedding it, and learning how to live without it. I don't recommend using fear (or anger, for that matter) for any purpose. It's too volatile.

I do, however, want to express my gratitude for this thread. In considering this, I have seen the answer to a question that has been in my mind for a while. So, thank you.

Yea i agree looking for divorce, death, loss of sanity doesn't sound like a good idea.

Reav3R,

If you are aware of fears that are holding you back from projecting it may be worth it to confront them. Although going out of your way to impose extreme mental stress on yourself doesn't sound like too good of an idea. It sounds self defeating and is not the same as overcoming an unwanted fear through controlled exposure.
    You haveeyes each composed of 130 million photoreceptor cells. In each of those cells there’s 100 trillion atoms that’s more than all the stars in the Milky way galaxy.However each atom in each cell in each eye formed in the core of a star billions of years ago and yet here they are today being utilized to capture the energy released from that same process all to expand the consciousness of you. It's ironic in that you are the universe experiencing itself And all you are is a thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heliac View Post
    If you are aware of fears that are holding you back from projecting it may be worth it to confront them.
    Agreed. Find them, accept them for what they are, and release them. Generally, once you acknowledge a fear, you see it for what it is and it will start to dissolve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast