Thread: Robert Bruce - Astral Dynamics (& other books)

Robert Bruce - Astral Dynamics (& other books)

I use a grade from 0 - 10 (10 being the best/highest).

Astral Dynamics / A NEW Approach to Out-of-Body Experience, (in hardcopy and on-line) 1999, "1st Ed", Robert Bruce

GRADE: 10.0

My-Oh-My, this is the best book I've read on the subject of OBE/AP and more. R Bruce teaches the NEW
    energy gathering to aid in doing OBE. Bruce describes various techniques to exit the body, methods that
    can be used by blind people. Bruce describes the Astral Planes and Astral Wildlife. He also has a section
    on protection and counter measures. He describes his important discovery of the Mind Split Effect, the
    discovery of the Akashic Pulse and the Astral Wind. The book is just so impressive!

One comment from another source, is that few others have experienced the same view of the Astral
    Planes as Bruce have. But regardless if Bruce is right or wrong most of the time, this book is
    mind-boggling to say the least. Some things like the Mind Split Effect may have been described by
    others, but I'm not sure that anyone before Bruce have understood what those things meant.

(One word of advice... The techniques described by Bruce might need to be completed with some more
    info for the newbie OBE:er that has never exited before, like the Robert Peterson's methods.)

NEW Energy Wayes V2, 1999, Robert Bruce

GRADE: 9.0

This small document (on-line 61 pages), contains Bruce's NEW method to strengthen the etheric body's
    energy system and gather energy to do various psychic things. NEW is almost contained in his book Astral
    Dynamics too. In this document some more methods for gathering energy and for activating energy paths
    are described. I felt the effect of NEW the first day I used it and I think the NEW method also contributed
    to my kundalini experience (indirectly initiated by attraction, _not_ by activation).

Practical Psychic Self-Defense, 2002, Robert Bruce

GRADE: 6.5

This book is mostly about psychic self defense in the physical world. Only a few examples are given from
    an OBE/AP perspective. This is a good read and contains several examples. I think the reader should
    though be aware that fear for the unknown could induce fearful experiences. Other writers also have
    stated that the best astral protection is no (!?) protection at all. I don't know if R Bruce has changed his
    mind about that concept as some years have passed since the book came out.

The book describes some aspects of Negs and also what some of the Negs are. It is clear from Bruce
    book that the worst way to attract Negs is by living a "sloopy", careless life and using drugs, which other
    authors in the field also have reported.

I've lowered the grade somewhat because I think the book doesn't really make it clear if psychic
    protection contributes to attract Negs, and I would have liked the book more if it described the subject
    from a deeper OBE aspect. Perhaps I got the feeling that Bruce left out some info on purpose, but that
    could just be my own feeling?

Energy Work: The Secret of Healing and Spiritual Development, 2007, "illustrated edition edition" according to Amazon, Robert Bruce

(So far unread and un-ordered by me.)

Mastering Astral Projection: 90-Day Guide to Out-of-Body Experience, 2004, Robert Bruce

(So far unread and un-ordered by me.)

Re: Robert Bruce - Astral Dynamics (& other books)

Greetings PauliEffect
    I would rate AstralDynamics at about 9.0 to 9.25. I don't agree with all of Robert Bruce's theories but the book is very good at practical how-to methods. I have also read "Practical Self Defense" and rate that book higher, at about 8.25. Here I am more in agreement with Bruce's theories regarding hostile discarnate beings. It is refreshing to see his book treat this subject in a straightforward practical way without resorting to either religious (ie. demonic) references or else delving into arcane (magickal) workings.

Regards
    Grey