Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do we outgrow/evolve beyond astral projection??

Re: Do we outgrow/evolve beyond astral projection??

Apparently there is a form of "soul dreaming" that is "higher" than normal astral dreams, & which is seldom remembered on awakening due to the huge difference in the quality of the vibrations. This is according to what I have learned from the book "Merging with Siva"

Blog Entries

Volgerle, I would then recommend you the chapters "Light on the Path" and "Having a Mission in Otherwhere" for re-reading. They could be of help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sono2 View Post
    Apparently there is a form of "soul dreaming" that is "higher" than normal astral dreams, & which is seldom remembered on awakening due to the huge difference in the quality of the vibrations. This is according to what I have learned from the book "Merging with Siva"
    Hello, sono2.

Which levels can be recalled depends on your energy body development, according to Kurt.

He discerns four levels of recall - waking, dream sleep, dreamless sleep and samadhi/ecstasy. (He posted something regarding this on AD but I cannot find it anymore.) According to Kurt (and the theosophic teachings he references) the baseline can shift - that means if you move one energy body up in development, dream sleep, dreamless sleep and samadhi/ecstasy shift.

So, your dreams would now rather regularly involve features of this accessible higher body, but also more rarely memories from your dreamless sleep phase (the next higher energy body). Samadhi in this scheme is access to an experience so high in your own personal frame of understanding that you cannot render it into anything except into a feeling of bliss and ecstasy without understanding what happened.

All these categories shift during the course of your development. So, if we follow the theosophic scheme of things, astral experiences are our dreams, lower mental plane experiences are part of our dreamless sleep and causal body experiences would be samadhi. But if you move to emphasizing the mental body more, a shift can occur where those soul/causal level experiences come through at times.

So, I would agree with the point the book you reference is making for the general case. I would however add that as the vibration of the whole being increases due to following the spiritual path, it is possible to more often access this vibration and bring elements of it through. Recall gets better the less vibrational difference there is.

(To make it more clear: I'm not referring to any techniques that profess to "raise your vibration." I'm referring to changes occurring to your energetic being during the whole process of trying to develop spiritually. A change to the baseline of your consciousness altogether. Then this recall becomes more feasible.

Furthermore, this process has stages - the theosophists describe these stages as energy bodies. The process of developing these stages is (due to various reasons) not fully linear, but still leaps in development and progress can be observed, especially in hindsight. What Kurt explained about the four stages of recall - waking, dream sleep, dreamless sleep and samadhi maps these stages to the experiences one will have before and after such a leap occurs.)

Blog Entries

I found it:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Leland
    Annie Besant, a theosophist, has an interesting interpretation of the four stages of consciousness described in the yoga tradition. These states are: waking consciousness, dreaming consciousness, dreamless sleep, and samadhi (bliss). She says that for most people, waking consciousness corresponds to the physical plane, dreaming to the astral, dreamless sleep to the mental (technically the lower mental plane), and samadhi to the causal (technically the upper mental plane, not a causal plane). I mention this because the dreamless sleep you experience after falling asleep in your dream is probably the state of consciousness connected to the mental plane and body.

For someone who is fully lucid on the astral plane, that becomes waking consciousness, the mental plane becomes dreaming consciousness, the causal level becomes dreamless sleep, and the buddhic plane becomes samadhi.
    (from: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...ng-to-me-a-lot)

IA56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sono2 View Post
    For around 2 years now I have not been able to project into the astral the way I used to do on a regular basis. But I do find I have an almost constant stream of images as soon as I close my eyes. They seem to be random, as I have little control over what & where I see. Over the past few weeks it has become ever more intense, especially as I have been almost blind in my right eye (corneal laceration, which has now largely recovered).

I find the process so "entertaining" that I have stopped reading & prefer to relax with my eyes closed to watch the "show"

The images start out as fuzzy lights on a dark background, then become clearer until they are as detailed as on a tv screen (with good reception!) Often I see human-like beings, busy at some puzzling tasks, & the other day a non-human woman I was looking at seemed to sense my gaze, as she turned & looked straight into my eyes - I apologised for intruding & opened my eyes.

Then there are the "sketches", which start out as random fine, black lines over a white surface, then zoom in or out, so that a charcoal sketch appears; I wish I could reproduce them as they are really amazingly beautiful but my drawing skills are seriously lacking.

I have also met a Guru type person, who explained that we no longer need to use the astral bodies or senses after a certain point, as we project/phase mentally. I've read the Robert Bruce can do both; yet I miss AP as it was such a euphoric state.

From various posts at this forum I gather that others have had the same experience of "losing" their AP "ability". Perhaps we should not cling to that stage - does anyone have any insights into this?
    WoW..this makes sense...not to cling to that stage...thank´s

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    WoW..this makes sense...not to cling to that stage...thank´s
    I feel confident that the mystic magickian develops the body the energy body the mind the soul and the spirit concurrently and that there are certainly stages of chaos and balance within this process. Chaos affords dynamic growth.Balance affords harmony and peace. The aspirant requires both and must rest and sleep and strive and wonder within various levels. Never abandon your practice merely increase the energy work , the mindfulness and the trance state afforded by sleep and meditation and the next level will be evident and it will be facilitated.

If one can not see visions in meditation, still persevere and gather peace.
    If one can not project at will , still persevere and advance one's energy work and stretching via yoga and pilates et cetera.
    If one can not recall dreams, maintain the journal with the feelings and questions one is currently exploring.
    And seek the company of mystical and magickal peers online in forums but most especially in circle locally.
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

IA56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Clair View Post
    I feel confident that the mystic magickian develops the body the energy body the mind the soul and the spirit concurrently and that there are certainly stages of chaos and balance within this process. Chaos affords dynamic growth.Balance affords harmony and peace. The aspirant requires both and must rest and sleep and strive and wonder within various levels. Never abandon your practice merely increase the energy work , the mindfulness and the trance state afforded by sleep and meditation and the next level will be evident and it will be facilitated.

If one can not see visions in meditation, still persevere and gather peace.
    If one can not project at will , still persevere and advance one's energy work and stretching via yoga and pilates et cetera.
    If one can not recall dreams, maintain the journal with the feelings and questions one is currently exploring.
    And seek the company of mystical and magickal peers online in forums but most especially in circle locally.
    I hope it is okay to respond this way if not please remove or delete my Writing.....The state of mind or what it is called when you feel Everything happening at the same time...the past the now and the future....I have had this states my whole Life and from very early age...this chaos what is is when you can not understand or logde and no-one to ask or to get help or support....so recently this state I am able to understand and to digest to knowledge...so huge huge healing and cleansing process has taken Place....I will not go to detail.....but for the first time I could understand the past...and what to do in the now...to get the future I want and what I am titled to have....and for the first time I understand why my Life has been such a struggle....all the happenings what I did not understand but has restored in me...as bound knowledge.....and now when there is enough support to let go and enough love to support and I know I will be understood in right way...I could let go and al last dare to face my self without any shame or guilt...and yes ...energy work...and meditation is one of the pillars to get enough courage and strength to sweep to the bottom of my self....Thank you All.......With pure Love//ia
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 11th January 2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typo

To the OP about the dry spell. I think dry spells are normal. I remember Monroe went for months sometimes when nothing happened. I think sometimes integration time is needed and we may not even realize that we are integrating, but we are. Sometimes best to go concentrate on more grounded things and come back later.
    MA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3