Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
IA56, and LPCF, thank you both for your encouragement.
LPCF, ' Path Of Compassion' . Yes you've hit the nail on the head. Spot on.
By 27/6/13 I came to the conclusion that I was being strongly directed along the path of giving up eating animals.( picture of hedgehog/ man, lamb with cross through it ( also seen as sacrifice) and killing slugs).
I stopped eating all meat except chicken but the issue is still repeating in my dreams. Even the dream the other night where my reaction suddenly changed from being angry to compassion for the person. The thing is I know I try my best with people. So I feel compassion for all animals including chicken is the issue.
I haven't eaten other meats for approx 8 weeks now, and after the writing episode the other night I'm willing to TRY to cut out all.
So here goes. Haven't eaten chicken for 4 days. I will meet myself half way to start with. If I run out of ideas for meals I may have some . Also 2 weeks time will be on holiday so I will accept that I may have some . This will not be failure just acknowledging the fact.

However I AM NOT going to the extreme of being a Vegan!
Going through journal I found this and just want to record here .

8 years later and not a piece of meat or fish has entered my mouth.
It took a long time to stop wanting to eat both, the smell, yearning for the taste, those giant prawns.
Compassion for animals as much as I love them did not come immediately. But 8 years on absolutely no regrets , healthier than most in family ,
Well done Susan. Just giving myself a pat on the back.