This morning as I woke up I heard a single musical note. Nearest musical instrument I can liken it to would be a flute.Recalled dream and nothing related to music.
This got me recalling times I've woken up to music.

I've had known songs sung by the artist and in those cases the words were very meaningful.

I've had a male voice choir sing very slowly and gently.

"""""" gentle tinkle of bells

""""""Buzzing of bees ( recalled this time a short scene where bees were involved.wondered if this was just internal noise picked up and then creating a scene of bees)

""""""" a dream where the colours were exquisite and sounds indescribable.

"""""""" today, the flute.

This had me googling most of today wanting to read about sound in the form of music.
Basically I read that sound is a vibration. The vibration of a plane have sounds specific to their own frequency.
In this case I would imagine the courser the plane the heavier and corser the sound.
Does this mean that when spirit is in a particular plane the sound is carried and heard constantly?
Don't know but found a few descriptions of planes and their sounds associated with them.

As Robert wrote there is no signpost telling you where you are in non physical.
From beautiful energy colours to magnificent sparkling silver, easily distinguishable but the more I read the more I realise that not everyone puts the same name to which plane of existance their consciousness perceived but they can agree upon descriptions.
Sound does seem to be agreed by most .
This is one description of sounds relating to various planes.

Sounds
13. Supreme Sugmad The All Loving Glory HE UUUUUUUU
12. Sugmad Sugmad-Living Reality HU - music of god
11. Sugmad World Sugmad Lok music of universe
10. Anami Lok Anami Lok sound of a whirlpool
9. Agam Lok Agam Lok music of the woodwinds
8. Hukikat Lok Hukikat Lok thousand violins
7. Alaya Lok Alaya Lok deep humming
6. Alakh Lok Alakh Lok heavy wind
5. Soul Sat Nam single note of flute
* Etheric Saguna-Saguna Brahm buzzing of bees
* Causal .i .
4. Mental Brahmanda Brahm running water
* Subconscious . .
3. Causal Maha-Kal-Par-Brahm tinkle of bells
2. Astral Sat Kanwal-Anda roar of surf
* Etheric . .
* High Physical . .
1. Physical Elam thunder sound

From 7 upwards I've also read these described as a continuous HUUU, thousand violins or a million voice choir.
What I've noticed is that I've recorded hearing these sounds here in the journal in ascending order before being aware of the relationship to planes .
Tinkle of bells
Buzzing of bees
Single note of a flute.
So why oh why oh why cannt I remember anything related to these planes.?
This is as if I'm being teased or just barely skimming the outer edge with no recall.