I want to record an experience I had we'll before starting this journal.
Until now I wasn't sure " Who" I had had contact with one night whilst sleeping but I knew it was a special moment.
This fits into one of my "Magical Experiences" .
Background to the event------ Was in a very confused and emotional state due to events concerning spiritual matters. Having been drawn a photograph of " my guide" whom I've spoken of before. Within hours of having that photograph I was being drawn to it over and over again. Just staring at it as if it had some kind of magnetic power( but I had no memory of the person)
Within days I was sitting on the edge of the bed looking at the photograph asking questions.Strong energy sensations would travel up my body and the feeling of intense love would fill me. The drawing had both male and female characteristics.
This continued for a long time( since then this journey started with a lot of humour around. I used to have a lot of that) I feel this person has the same sense of humour as me . I would hear words that sometimes seemed to be a bit dated ( not used these days)
I had been told that we had shared lives together. Were from the same soul group. By the artist and a while later from this person.

Now on to the experience,
One night whilst sleeping I recalled a beautiful gentle figure approach me from behind and hold me by the shoulders. It-He-She, whispered gently in my ear words of re-assurance and I felt such love coming from It. Personal words were spoken which took me by surprise and I felt a little embarrassed that these were known by other , not just me.( bit like invasion of privacy)
I was being slowly turned around as it spoke. I could vaguely see shimmering translucent outline of a person but no obvious dress or trousers. The love emanating from this person left me feeling so protected and loved.It turned me round staying behind me the hole time and told me now to go to sleep and I was gently lowered and let go of and I remember slowly bouncing like jelly onto something soft. Slept....woke up.
Who was this?
It knew my private thoughts, it loved me so much and it came to me when needed.
I can understand why people with strong beliefs could think this was an " angel" and in fact this had been an option to consider but the problem here is that I have seen this type of shimmering being before. Once when phasing , when colours were like rainbow and people were slowly moving around. Another when taken to meet with a young boy whom I immediately loved from the bottom of my heart.
It could have been this guide. Strong possibility but the words were spoken as a loving parent would speak to an adored young child.
I think it more likely that this was my higher self coming forward when needed.
In this physical life it is considered natural for a parent to look after its young. After a while it goes to school and others with special skills will take over the teaching but the parent is there in the background for emotional issues and cries of help.
I think the same may apply in the spirit world
However, getting back to the title HIGHER SELF.
Reading " Robert Munroe" again he talks of future selfs coming back to help.Does it depend on how old the soul is as to how many future selves we have? How many times we have decided to return to physical?
If I am made up of what I have learnt up to now including all previous lives, these future selves/ higher selves must have the same plus their own experience to add to ,therefore it would make sense that they also have a higher self looking over them.
Think I'm getting confused now,but just to add confusion to the pot,,,,
People whom we may believe to be guides helping us on our journey have themselves passed through the lessons and many lives on the physical plane therefore have been many different people with different personalities. We know they can present themselves in any form( even just for a joke) This is well documented.
So my thought is not can they but do they change to adapt to what is required from them at the time ?
Could my guide show love and compassion when needed , laughter and humour when needed, gentleness, seriousness?
My guide is so like me .
If we are from the same soul group and have shared many lives I suppose we came from( the same melting pot)
I don't know if my guide and higher self are the same ( I don' think so ) but the love I felt from whom I believed to be my higher self is all the love anyone would need on the other side.
I can understand why gender has no relevance on the other side.
Time for a glass of wine.