Have felt the need today to do some reading on the reasons why not to eat meat . What is written about this subject to help me really get behind my decision rather than just because this is coming strongly from the other side.
In other words. " Don't just follow blindly. Study Life" . Joseph Campbell.

RELIGION.
Firstly what I will not take seriously as a reason is Religion.
With all due respect to anyone reading this practicing a form of religion I read an excellent article pointing out the inconsistency of dietary components of different religious faiths. From , Hinduism, Judaism, Sikhism, Islam, Christianity, to Buddhism.
Although I believe all followers of these faiths to be striving to live as directed from their religious teachings,
Some can eat meat, some cann't. Those that can eat meat differ in the types they can eat compared to other religions , allowing meat eating. Some can eat meat as long as they themselves have not done the necessary killing.
However , what is obvious is that even with the inconsistency the subject of meat eating is a topic of their teachings.

Then there is the point to note that everything has life. We already know that everything is made up of energy.
Guru Nanak Dev says, " water is the Source of all life whether vegetable or animal. None of the grain of corn is without life. There is life in water by which all is made green, thus there is life in vegetation and life in all types of creatures."
So I suppose how do we discriminate what we kill and what we don't kill. We have human bodies that need substance to survive.
The famous saying " LIFE EATS LIFE" , the symbol of the snake eating it's own tail. Ouroboros.
So , I'm still not convinced in fact this is a very good argument for eating meat.
However, just because the sweet shop is full of sweets it doesn't mean I have to eat all of them.

Now This Is Where I Have Been Convinced To Try To Stop Eating Meat.

We don't need to eat everything on offer just because it's on the supermarket shelves. We cannot avoid killing life as long as we have a physical body so maybe the ones with a heart and brain could be spared.
COMPASSION.
Megan Kaul ,a Pranic Healer and Nutrition Consultant writes of there being no need to take the lives of animals in order to be healthy.
Spirituality is about striving to minimise harm to others and causing suffering. AHISMA ( to do no harm, to show kindness and non violence towards all living) we are all connected.

I know a few adults who are vegetarian. The reason they give me is that many years ago when they were children their fathers were butchers and the slaughter house would call on them frequently to do the killing. They were sickened as children.

Health.
Meat is considered to be full of ' dirty energy' . The body has trouble to process and eliminate which takes up energy .
Elimination could improve ones health. Meat hardly has any vibration. Plants , especially fresh has a very high vibration.
Removing meat may be one of the fastest and easiest way to raise vibration, apparently, helping towards Purification of the Mind and Body.

So this is no scholarly article . Just a little reminder for myself when I feel like giving in to temptation ,as to why so many of my dreams recently have pointed towards this direction that I was reluctant to really get behind fully.
The writing the other day was the most convincing for me.
Will be interesting to see whether this type of dream stops now. Got it! Message understood.