Hi Folks,

I've been reading Robert's "Practical Self Defense Handbook".
Wow. Heavy stuff. A number of questions and comments have arisen for me, and I decided to start this thread to get some answers and discussion happening if possible.

To my knowledge, I haven't had much in the way of psychic/spooky/metaphysical events happen to me. I've had maybe a handful of events, but for the most part, I've been living very much in the physical reality. So, a bit of a 'Noob'.

I have been reading about these kind of spiritual subjects for many years, but I have gotten to the point where I want to experience an astral projection...I want to 'prove' to myself that there is more to everyday existence, and I'm not on some wild-goose-chase. Additionally, I want to get closer to a true spiritual experience and evolve. With that in mind, about 6 months ago I began to meditate regularly, and now I'm reading about raising my energy and astral projection, in earnest.

However, reading about Robert's bad experiences (I haven't completely finished the book yet), and reading that by developing your inherent abilities to astral project and your psychic capabilities, you may be opening yourself up to attacks...this has given me pause!

I think it's a good idea to pursue spiritual and consciousness evolution, but I also have my family to consider. The thought that I might inadvertently be attracting negs into our home and our lives repels me. Reading about the frequency with which Robert has experienced negs and that his family and children were affected makes me very concerned.

So, not having had any obvious trouble like this in my life so far, I'm wondering if it's worth it to continue along this avenue of development. Life is challenging enough.

I'd appreciate any insights.

P.S. I have other questions in relation to this, but first things first.