Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is this path worth the risk?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is this path worth the risk?

I've been reading more of Robert's handbook.

The impression I'm getting now is that neg attachments can be caused by external (exposure to people and environments) and internal influences (core negative images and experiences), rather than astral projection itself.

However, the idea persists that being psychically 'sensitive' can expose you to greater risks or make you a more attractive target. I've heard that meditation, energy work and OBE can activate people's psychic senses.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Thank you so much for saying that Eyeoneblack, it's so important to fit it and you made my heart smile. If indeed we are more connected than we think then I am so pleased to be a part of it as everyone on here is helpful warm encouraging and friendly. I am grateful to have stumbled upon Roberts site.

Meanwhile nice to meet you Energize, I am finding your curiosity threads really enjoyable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Energize View Post
    However, the idea persists that being psychically 'sensitive' can expose you to greater risks or make you a more attractive target.
    That's because it's a 'non judgemental' excuse to try to convince people not to explore. In more 'old' times, some groups would say that 'it's against God' or 'it's against some sacred rule' as an excuse to keep your senses 'off', but that doesn't cut it anymore. So the new and improved excuse is that it 'makes you more attractive to negativity' or some other type of fearbased logic. This is probably because it makes you more aware, and they're confusing 'awareness' with 'attractiveness', which isn't that surprising.
    I've heard that meditation, energy work and OBE can activate people's psychic senses.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?
    Of course. What meditation, and the trance practices associated with projection training does is bring the conscious mind into unconscious states, where typically the subconscious mind is in charge.
    What 'psychic perception' is, is simply seeing what is there already, in energy form, or in the 'information' that is in the non-temporal state- the 'info' is there, but not in immediate ordinary timespace for the senses to see.
    Your energy body is your organ of perception. That's why we sometimes have precognitive dreams or dreams in which we meet the recently deceased. Sure, all of this comes from memory, but not all this memory comes from the physical senses.
    So a lot of this interaction is there in your memory but not accessible, or later to be remembered as a 'hunch'.
    But when you meditate or cultivate trance, you are bringing your conscious awareness into a state in which the information is there, for you to perceive objectively (like you're in it and it's around you) instead of as a 'hunch' or 'idea'- it's right in front of you.
    When your psyche gets used to your accessing trance states and perceiving the information, whether it's symbolic or not, the subconscious 'relaxes' and lets down some of the barriers it had previously put up to protect itself from your trauma, should you see something that you either didn't want to see, shouldn't see, or just don't believe it is possible for you to see. This is a big one. So if you cultivate practices that allow you to see what's in your subconscious, your subconscious will get the message that it's ok to see, and will allow you to see.
    So yes, these practices will allow you to develop what comes naturally to you (some people tend to clairvoyance, others to clairaudience, and others to precognition, for example). But being able to 'see' doesn't mean that 'others' will all of a sudden be attracted to you. That's movies stuff.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I've heard that meditation, energy work and OBE can activate people's psychic senses.
    your not wrong ..... Energize...... i have had OBE's, done meditations and energywork and my sense's blasted open in spring 2006....... and continue to increase as the years go by.

Why is this something you wouldn't want ?

i was desperate for it xX
    " the core of spirituality is to optimize your personal evolution" ~ Robert Bruce

Nice to meet you too Eyeswideopen! I'm glad you're enjoying the threads. Funny how my mind works though, heh heh. When I'm writing I get into it, but afterwards my (ego?) mind starts to worry that I might be sounding foolish and causes me moments of low level anguish. "Shoosh ego, I'm busy!"

CFTraveler, awesome info, thank you for writing. It makes sense that psychic senses are natural. Hey maybe more natural than all our other senses! I imagine that as a sense, it could be just as useful as our physical ones for navigating through life - and consciousness. Your rational approach is dampening my concerns.

newfreedom! Wow, I'm intrigued! As a person starting out on this path, I'm very interested in your experiences. Did you have any experiences before you explored all this, or was it new to you? Why did you want it so much, and what do you like about it? (If I had a tail, it would be wagging furiously)

CFTraveller, I just came across a thread you posted in 2010 called "Warning":

This was packed full of much of the info I've been seeking in this thread.
    I'd like to get a little more specific with my inquiry.

Firstly, regarding attacks from negs of the more serious kind (and I'd certainly class ones that cause major problems in physical reality to be serious)...just confirming: to your knowledge, it seems that there is no direct correlation between astral projection and these serious neg problems/attacks? I get the impression that really nasty stuff is extremely rare, and when present it was usually already there in the first place.

Regarding the more garden variety of neg. Do most people encounter them quite quickly (eg. early on in their explorations)? Are there lots of them? I mean, are you constantly dodging negs or withstanding extreme fear? I used to have the impression (perhaps naively) that the astral was by and large a happy place to explore, but in that post you are saying that people will definitely experience extreme fear. Repeatedly.

A guest post here says "You can travel in the astral plane alone your whole life and never even begin to touch everything that exists there, so naturally don't be shocked if you don't see any negative spirits or demons on your journey, as most of you won't." ...So some people might never have a fearful or negative experience??

I've also read some rather bizarre (to a relative newbie like myself) accounts about people who claim to have been abducted while astral traveling by demonic aliens and such. As outlandish as these accounts seem to me (as someone who has no experience - apologies to any authors, no offense intended), a concerning aspect of these is that they say it happened 'out of the blue' as it were - no black magic rites or anything.

Finally, has anyone got some examples of scarey things they have experienced while astral projecting, and how they dealt with it?

I know I may seem to be hammering this subject, but I would sincerely like to find out more. I reckon if astral projecting was mainly fearful encounters, people wouldn't do it. If 'regular' scarey scenarios come up, and it's only mental (not physical or dangerous), then I guess I have nothing to fear, except, um, fear itself.

Blog Entries

I don't have time to answer your question fully, but I'll touch on it briefly:
    Firstly, regarding attacks from negs of the more serious kind (and I'd certainly class ones that cause major problems in physical reality to be serious)...just confirming: to your knowledge, it seems that there is no direct correlation between astral projection and these serious neg problems/attacks? I get the impression that really nasty stuff is extremely rare, and when present it was usually already there in the first place.
    That is my impression and experience, yes.

Regarding the more garden variety of neg. Do most people encounter them quite quickly (eg. early on in their explorations)? Are there lots of them? I mean, are you constantly dodging negs or withstanding extreme fear? I used to have the impression (perhaps naively) that the astral was by and large a happy place to explore, but in that post you are saying that people will definitely experience extreme fear. Repeatedly.
    I think it depends. I had neg problems at forty (and none before that, and I've been projecting since I was quite young. But some people have more than others.
    Regarding fear, fear is an obstacle that will be tested if it's present. I don't know who doesn't have any fear- so it's not that fear can't happen, it's that it depends on the person. I began to have fear (for reasons that I won't go into here, because they're personal) at forty, and I was tested at forty. I got over it and the problems either disappeared or became rare and 'no big deal'.

That is my impression and experience, yes.
    Okay, good!
    CFTraveler, I don't want to press you for detailed information about what I imagine was a distressing time for you...but when you say you were 'tested', what do you mean - a higher self test set for you or something? If we are all tested (as we all have fear to some degree), what factors do you think determine whether it is just a mental thought form of some kind versus a malicious entity?

Hi DarkChylde, thanks for your reply. Had a look at "Kundalini and it's chakras" on Amazon, and it had a few poor reviews - people disagreeing with her info, including how many major chakras there are in fact and where they're located! I haven't looked too closely at the whole Kundalini thing yet, because I don't think I'm ready for it (not properly informed about it). Very interesting about your experience of broadcasting your thoughts! Makes me think of descriptions I've read regarding the afterlife, where deception is not possible because thoughts are mainly transparent (might be the 'higher' realms only, because I have read about deception being practiced in the astral).

I read some preview pages of Dion Fortune's Guide of Practical Psychic Self Defense, and I bought the Kindle version. Thanks for the tip DarkChylde!

I read one of Bruce's articles where he questions the information gained by channeled spirits, including ones from the turn of the century. Good to know and be wary, but I must admit I have enjoyed reading various books from the early 20th century. I've found them useful as an overview of astral and psychic subjects. And I must admit I'm charmed by the slightly quaint way they had of speaking - oddly formal. Strange era - I associate it with magic and seances and ecotoplasm and spooky carnivals heh heh!

Hi DarkChylde, thanks for your reply. Had a look at "Kundalini and it's chakras" on Amazon, and it had a few poor reviews - people disagreeing with her info, including how many major chakras there are in fact and where they're located!
    How odd , that's exactly how i got my 5th eye working - with the amusing little tale afore mentioned .
    Kundalini plateaus are a very boring lull , everything comes to a halt , this book broke mine - i'd say i got my buck's worth of a bang.

Very interesting about your experience of broadcasting your thoughts! Makes me think of descriptions I've read regarding the afterlife, where deception is not possible because thoughts are mainly transparent (might be the 'higher' realms only, because I have read about deception being practiced in the astral).
    After life had zilch to do with with what i was talking about , i was simply overriding my thoughts via telepathy onto ambient people from an over activated chakra.

Blog Entries

My scary experiences

CFTraveler, I don't want to press you for detailed information about what I imagine was a distressing time for you...but when you say you were 'tested', what do you mean - a higher self test set for you or something? If we are all tested (as we all have fear to some degree), what factors do you think determine whether it is just a mental thought form of some kind versus a malicious entity?
    All of the above. I looked for old posts in which I explained what was happening, but I couldn't find any. I thought I had put keywords in them to explain, but searching with the ones I could find got me nothing. So suffice it to say that it started out with horrific experiences that resembled et abductions (around the time I turned forty, FWTW), which prompted me to do some research. After figuring out that the experiences were not physical (as once I woke up from an 'abduction' attempt next to another person, who did not notice- showing that I was in a trance and being pulled out of body)- which then pointed me to looking into the OBE phenomenon, which I had been having for years (since I was a child- but not like this- this was so different it just never occurred to me that it could be related) which got me to find Robert and MAP, where I learned about PSD and the deliberate induction of OBE, and once I learned to OBE and do energy work I was able to control what was happening to me.
    Then the experiences changed, when I got over my fear, and I was able to meet the entity that was doing this face to face, and the experiences changed from learning not to be afraid, to many other wonderful things.
    Even though it's been years since my experiences were negative, I do not feel the original experiences were negative anymore- now I see them as a 'crash course' in projection, which my HS, for some reason, fifteen years ago decided I needed to learn.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast