Astral Dream Journal 3/27/2013

First success? Yes... but I am unsure exactly what I achieved!

Yesterday night was a night of firsts.

I watched Robert Bruce's youtube videos on energy body activation. Even though I had read the "Astral Dynamics" chapter on trying to raising energy in your hands by touch... I never felt like I had "gotten it." Robert's youtube video changed all of that for me, in a quick 60 minutes.

One part of this exercise that I loved was: the idea that when you close your eyes and move your energy activated hands in front, you will be able to see/perceive their outline. I did just that, and I marveled at what seemed to be tingling bright spots outlining my hands. Now it wasn't perfect... but that leads me into one of Robert's next points. He noted that the more you practice this energy work, the more realistic your energy body would get. So I am not surprised that my hand's outline was a bit faint.

Pretty pleased with myself, I prepared for sleep. I lied back in bed, face up, and put on my currently favorite meditation exercise from calm.com.

About 4 hours later, I woke up with my body tingling all over, a slightly more pronounced and faster heartbeat, and slight vibrations. It felt like my entire body was in a mild paralysis. Then there was the abrupt sound of my g/f waking up and that brought me out of it.

I tried to relax again, and soon found myself in this beautiful and colorfull world. I was floating in the ocean, next to the shore, and the waves were slowly bringing me closer to the beach. It was extremely vivid. At this point I remembered my energy exercises and tried to picture my hands. I could move them!

I was so excited that the world started to lose focus. I willed myself to focus, and tried to spin around a couple of times. It was weird. I didn't do the move very well, but the result was that the world became clear as it was before.

Now here is the part I don't truly understand. At the moment, I was back floating on the waves and I saw a woman's face in the sky. Or at least, I would say her face was outlined by the same inter-connected bright spots as was my energy hands when I closed my eyes and waved them in front of my face. I got the feeling that she was here to help me.

Soon after looking at her, and feeling the vibrations in my energy body,
I felt my legs come in contact with a boulder in the ocean. The texture was so realistic. The boulder wasn't simply smooth, it had little bumps all over it. They looked like they would hurt to touch in real life, but the sensation was painless mixed in with awe. I used this boulder to try to stand up. Although I didn't feel any tension, I felt very positive that this would allow me to get out. I tried for about 4 seconds, I saw that it wasn't working as desired, and then I tried rope.

I woke up.

Questions: Was I already in the Astral when I was floating in the ocean? Was it just visualizing in deep trance? Who/what was the woman that was trying to help me?

Anyways, it was amazing!